Wakefield Trinity plans submision

22 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

It'll take more than one new stand......

They're also doing work on the home end I think as part of the development.

That just leaves the side facing the new stand which really is a bit of a mess.

Plus, and I'm not sure to what degree this is Wakey or the council's responsibility, the general environs of the ground are just depressing and decrepit and could be tidied up/brightened up for relatively little cost.

2 minutes ago, dboy said:

There's more than just the one stand being done.

The West will be after the East & North.

It will take time - that's good though, gives you longer to keep crying about it.

Thanks, what's the plan for the west?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, M j M said:

Thanks, what's the plan for the west?

Very simple, I've seen it. It's basically to raise the terracing to the correct height as phase 1. Phase 2 extend a taller roof over the terrace.

I reckon phase 1 will happen in the next 3 years depending on situation, phase 2 may be a while off.

With the new stand and the rebuilt North stand BV will offer about 6,000 covered spaces, adequate for now so phase 2 isn't urgent.

Phase 1 is, as I think the least we can offer away fans is a decent view as we defeat them 🙂

• Like 3

spacer.png

spacer.png

More from the imaginary, never going to happen Belle Vue redevelopment. East Stand almost fully demolished. Hopefully the club or the contractor will release photos as the steel starts to get erected over the off-season for people who are genuinely interested rather than those who just want to take the ######.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

More from the imaginary, never going to happen Belle Vue redevelopment. East Stand almost fully demolished. Hopefully the club or the contractor will release photos as the steel starts to get erected over the off-season for people who are genuinely interested rather than those who just want to take the ######.

Agreed, you Wakey fans have copped plenty regarding the stadium  now your doing something about it your still copping it. 

Ill be keeping an eye on thus  i love a good stadium referb. 

Wil the new stand have dug outs in it? 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ragingbull said:

Agreed, you Wakey fans have copped plenty regarding the stadium  now your doing something about it your still copping it. 

Yes, complete with recycled canteen chairs. 😉

Edited by PREPOSTEROUS
  • Haha 2

54 minutes ago, Ragingbull said:

Yes, I'm going to post the images on here at some point, its very impressive.

1 hour ago, Ragingbull said:

As promised, the players and staff are seated in the two green area, like you get at most modern stadiums. Not dug outs as such but proper areas for both teams. Should shut Saints up.

ground.jpg

GROUND 2.jpg

Edited by Kirmonds pouch
  • Haha 2

After going on Sunday reports are footings going in very soon so the steel should be up pretty quickly. Next thing will be the North Stand upgrade, hopefully that kicks in after the HKR game. The third piece then is the pitch will be re-laid after the season ends for a hybrid pitch. The place will be a different world next year.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

Wakey are staying up and are going to get at least half a season to tale advantage of the re dev. Congrats to them 

Honestly the plans are impressive. The stand is to a high spec which will have excellent facilities on and off match day.

Trinity don’t forget have put in 1 million + of their own cash and bought the ground too for a few million.

New floodlights 

New hybrid pitch

New large scoreboard

New 2 floor gym in southeast corner (refurb and restructure). Also new roof on this building. Including a cafe facility and changing rooms/classrooms etc.

Newly resurfaced car park outside new east stand with fan zone area.

this is in addition to the new east stand and resurfaced/refurbished North stand.

I can’t wait  for it to be complete and it should pave the way for further developments! Money makes money. 

Trinity have gone from a few years ago having nothing but playing assets to owning their land, stadium and redeveloping it. That’s a huge achievement to the Carter era. 

• Like 7

40 minutes ago, Trojan Horse said:

Honestly the plans are impressive. The stand is to a high spec which will have excellent facilities on and off match day.

Trinity don’t forget have put in 1 million + of their own cash and bought the ground too for a few million.

New floodlights 

New hybrid pitch

New large scoreboard

New 2 floor gym in southeast corner (refurb and restructure). Also new roof on this building. Including a cafe facility and changing rooms/classrooms etc.

this is in addition to the new east stand and resurfaced/refurbished North stand.

I can’t wait  for it to be complete and it should pave the way for further developments! Money makes money. 

Trinity have gone from a few years ago having nothing but playing assets to owning their land, stadium and redeveloping it. That’s a huge achievement to the Carter era. 

What are the time scales? 

Cant imagine all being completed by early Feb for the start of the season.  Is it expected Wakey will play a big chunk of thier opening games away from home?

44 minutes ago, Trojan Horse said:

New floodlights 

New hybrid pitch

New large scoreboard

Sounds great. I hope this development really transforms the club and provides a big boost in attendances and income streams.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Ragingbull said:

What are the time scales? 

Cant imagine all being completed by early Feb for the start of the season.  Is it expected Wakey will play a big chunk of thier opening games away from home?

Clubs playing ‘chunks’ of games away from home,I thought Superleague didn’t allow that.

1 hour ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

Completion mid July 2023. We don't exactly get large crowds so can accommodate the reduced capacity, plus the work on the North Stand should bring that up to what it should be rather than the restricted capacity it's currently running at.

Yes thats the target date for completion, however I have heard once complete it will have to undergo a number of HS tests and assesments in order to get a safety certificate, so expected to be around Novemberish before it can be used.