Wakefield Trinity plans submision

5 minutes ago, Agbrigg said:

Yes thats the target date for completion, however I have heard once complete it will have to undergo a number of HS tests and assesments in order to get a safety certificate, so expected to be around Novemberish before it can be used.

We may be able to stage the completion certificate much like Leeds did with the south stand. 

9 minutes ago, Agbrigg said:

Yes thats the target date for completion, however I have heard once complete it will have to undergo a number of HS tests and assesments in order to get a safety certificate, so expected to be around Novemberish before it can be used.

Surely reserve and academy games will be used as test events to get certs? I can imagine a fair few would turn out for an evening in the summer watching rugby and getting a good look at a new stand. 

2 hours ago, Ragingbull said:

What are the time scales? 

Cant imagine all being completed by early Feb for the start of the season.  Is it expected Wakey will play a big chunk of thier opening games away from home?

I believe the below to be roughly right.

EAST STAND: July 2023 so towards end of next season. 

NORTH STAND: Believe the resurfacing, barriers works etc to be done before the start of 2023 season increasing the capacity to maximum in the stand. This will be a boost as Trinity have been limited by HS issues and presently a reduced 1500 capacity. 

HYBRID PITCH: ready for start of 2023 season. Irrigation system included.

NEW MODERN LED FLOODLIGHTS: Already up and paid for by Wakefield trinity. They are a vast improvement!

NEW ROOF ON SOUTHEAST CORNER: Already paid for by Wakefield trinity. 

NEW INTERNAL REFURB OF 2 FLOOR GYM, CLASS AND CAFE: Unsure on this???

NEW SCOREBOARD: Unsure of when this will be installed but believe it’s a good upgrade and I think to go southeast corner.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Trojan Horse said:

NORTH STAND: Believe the resurfacing, barriers works etc to be done before the start of 2023 season increasing the capacity to maximum in the stand. This will be a boost as Trinity have been limited by HS issues and presently a reduced 1500 capacity. 

NEW MODERN LED FLOODLIGHTS: Already up and paid for by Wakefield trinity. They are a vast improvement!

NEW SCOREBOARD: Unsure of when this will be installed but believe it’s a good upgrade and I think to go southeast corner.

Isn't the north stand getting a new roof as well?

17 minutes ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

No, it's suppose to get a backing so it's not open towards the rear of the stand along with some food/drink outlets. Roof stays the same.

Yes that’s as I understand it. Think the roof is in good condition still as a structure as basic as it is. 

Adding a backing and some space at the back for refreshment stands are small improvements.

I believe that all the stand is going to be re surfaced to make it clean and even ground. Also there will be new markings and barriers installed on most parts of the stand. 

Certainly an improvement but 12-13 million will only stretch so far. 

5 hours ago, Trojan Horse said:

Honestly the plans are impressive. The stand is to a high spec which will have excellent facilities on and off match day.

Trinity don’t forget have put in 1 million + of their own cash and bought the ground too for a few million.

New floodlights 

New hybrid pitch

New large scoreboard

New 2 floor gym in southeast corner (refurb and restructure). Also new roof on this building. Including a cafe facility and changing rooms/classrooms etc.

Newly resurfaced car park outside new east stand with fan zone area.

this is in addition to the new east stand and resurfaced/refurbished North stand.

I can’t wait  for it to be complete and it should pave the way for further developments! Money makes money. 

Trinity have gone from a few years ago having nothing but playing assets to owning their land, stadium and redeveloping it. That’s a huge achievement to the Carter era. 

Ooo a cafe facility i hope they do an All day English Breakfast, i’ll be the first there. 

2 hours ago, Trojan Horse said:

With not being up on the East, West, North, South parts of Belle Vue which stand is where the TV cameras go. Id be happy with just a bit of a corrugated tin roof to keep me dry and some decent terracing. 

20 minutes ago, Josef K said:

With not being up on the East, West, North, South parts of Belle Vue which stand is where the TV cameras go. Id be happy with just a bit of a corrugated tin roof to keep me dry and some decent terracing. 

West, there's a bit of a roof at one end as it stands. There is no money to sort that side out as much as its desperately needed. Hopefully in time another funding source will reveal itself, whether from increased revenue from the east stand and use of the stadium outside of matchdays or a collabrleration with a football club (WAFC) if they ever want to return to the city and climb higher in the football pyramid. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Forever Trinity said:

Here is a link to those interested what a hybrid pitch is.

https://www.sispitches.com/hybrid-grass-guide

They are not cheap around 400K but last for around 8 to 10 years. the place will be totally changed by these improvements

I watched the pitch at the LSV being stitched , interesting stuff , creates a fantastic surface 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

West, there's a bit of a roof at one end as it stands. There is no money to sort that side out as much as its desperately needed. Hopefully in time another funding source will reveal itself, whether from increased revenue from the east stand and use of the stadium outside of matchdays or a collabrleration with a football club (WAFC) if they ever want to return to the city and climb higher in the football pyramid. 

Thanks for that PREPOSTEROUS at least i know it now. Id imagine when it’s raining it gets a bit cramped under that little roof. 
Do you think WAFC will ever move in, at this moment in time they seem quite happy at Fev. I have always thought Wakey have had  a lovely pitch to play football on. 

19 minutes ago, Josef K said:

Thanks for that PREPOSTEROUS at least i know it now. Id imagine when it’s raining it gets a bit cramped under that little roof. 
Do you think WAFC will ever move in, at this moment in time they seem quite happy at Fev. I have always thought Wakey have had  a lovely pitch to play football on. 

Who knows, I believe there is some animosity between the clubs due to Rodney Walkers involvement with the football club but in the future I can see a mutually beneficial compromise. Fev suits them right now but if they progress anything like they want to I can see them wanting to play from the city otherwise they may as well be Featherstone FC.

3 hours ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

No, it's suppose to get a backing so it's not open towards the rear of the stand along with some food/drink outlets. Roof stays the same.

That’s disappointing, it’s clearly a very old structure, which doesn’t cover the full terrace and provides restricted views in some areas due to the stanchions. I had thought this was getting replaced 

42 minutes ago, Josef K said:

20 minutes ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

Who knows, I believe there is some animosity between the clubs due to Rodney Walkers involvement with the football club but in the future I can see a mutually beneficial compromise. Fev suits them right now but if they progress anything like they want to I can see them wanting to play from the city otherwise they may as well be Featherstone FC.

There was some questions from the fans about this at the recent fans forum.  Others can correct me but the general gist I recall from the top table was that

WFC were coming to the end of their current agreement with Fev which may or may not be renewed.

Ultimately WFC would like to play their home games somewhere in Wakefield

Other sporting clubs had shown an interest in using the revamped Belle Vue and Trinity would work with whichever was best for Trinity.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

6 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

That’s disappointing, it’s clearly a very old structure, which doesn’t cover the full terrace and provides restricted views in some areas due to the stanchions. I had thought this was getting replaced 

Preposterous is on about the North Stand which has only been up since Glover's days.  You I guess are talking about the mini stand on the Western Terrace?

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

3 minutes ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

Preposterous is on about the North Stand which has only been up since Glover's days.  You I guess are talking about the mini stand on the Western Terrace?

They both went up same time and can’t be no older than 8? Years old possibly. 

They don’t appear to be run down and look fine. They are after all basic provisions. It’s not perfect but it covers over half the north stand and it will be improved with new barriers and terracing. Money only stretches so far but it’s a step in the right direction. 

West stand will likely be the next to get revamped but I think we will be looking at 3-5 years unless there’s some investment. 

if we could find some investment to further develop the west stand and provide a roof and whilst getting some low key refreshment options it would be a huge boost. Maybe with some partnership (long agreement as tenants ) from a local football club further developments and grants could be investigated from football. Who knows. Money makes more money and opportunities one hopes.

Just now, WakefieldCityLoyal said:

That’s new, there was no roof on North terrace prior to that.

It doesn’t look it! 

Almost seems pointless, it doesn’t cover half the stand and obstructs views with the stanchions. I was hoping they were going to put in a proper external structure 

21 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

The roof is about 10 years old and solid. In an ideal world the terrace would be demolished and a new structure put in pace bur the moneys do not allow such a course of action.

20 minutes ago, cookey said:

Have the Wakefield works, kick started any activity at Castleford, beyond the usual talks and promises?

They are where Trinity were three years or so ago, hopefully without a pandemic to delay matters. They have the £2m from the council and the developer is looking at a similar deal to the one that has just been resolved for BV.

1 minute ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

They are where Trinity were three years or so ago, hopefully without a pandemic to delay matters. They have the £2m from the council and the developer is looking at a similar deal to the one that has just been resolved for BV.

Thanks for that.

Modern facilities are absolutely critical for all clubs, whether in SL, League 1 or the community game. Not only to attract additional supporters/revenue but to provide appropriate facilities for players,sponsors etc.

10 hours ago, DoubleD said:

Oh didums, you poor old thing.

I'm sure that most Trinity fans will survive under this 10 year old structure. Don't worry it's not meant for you, not that I believe you've ever been to BV in years.

Luckily we Trin fans love it On a sunny day you can stand in the front paddock and take the rays. On the two days it actually rains there is plenty of cover if you have the nouse to step back ten feet or so.

As for the stanchions, these TWO! very thin bits of metal have never caused a moment of complaint from any of the faithful a far as i'm aware. You see it's a beloved standing terrace and due to this the viewing is fluid. Added to this over many decades of evolution the Trinity faithful have developed the ability to move there head one inch to the left or the right to overcome any momentary blind spot that a very small number may experience, simples!

We love the North stand and didn't want it replacing, our only request was that the crumbing terracing be revived, literally that was it. The club has done exactly what the fans wanted.

The biggest reason we wanted it was because it does something none of the atmosphere vacuum new wonder stadiums have ever managed. IT ACTUALLY CREATES AN ATMOSPHERE and THAT HELPS US WIN GAMES. I can't think of a better reason to keep the North stand fundamentally as it is, just fit for purpose.

So please feel free to go away and stop making up non-issues for the sake of it, or in other words, trolling.

Edited by Kirmonds pouch
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2