Wakefield Trinity plans submision

22 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Yes.... however as previously pointed out the limit for a 4g pitch is non-league football, so I doubt they're much of a threat (for now)  

Think they're moving out anyway? Can't afford the rent. 

• Thanks 1

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

44 minutes ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

That's good.  We don't want a repeat of the gridlock that occurred around Belle Vue when Robbie Fowler made his debut for Leeds Reserves there.

Yes quite right too 

I remember going down to one of those reserve games out of pure curiosity. That long streak of urine Peter Crouch was soiling the sacred BV trurf

Edited by Agbrigg

1 hour ago, Spidey said:

Ownerships can change - there's not a soccer club in this country I don't trust to try and swoop in and turf out a rugby club - its becoming a recurring theme over the past couple of decades.  Hopefully Wakefield keep control no matter what

Widnes get whinged about having the plastic pitch - but while that's in place I'm pretty confident a soccer club wont come in an turf us out

I wouldn’t trust a rugger club, look at the Sale Cuckoos. 

36 minutes ago, Josef K said:

I wouldn’t trust a rugger club, look at the Sale Cuckoos. 

It was Salford City who were going to kick Salford out of their ground.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

I haven't read 23 pages on this and aplogies if already mentioned in the thread.

Wakefield is the largest town/city in England without a Football League Team

(Answer to a Question in the Airedale Quiz League)

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

19 minutes ago, Wolford6 said:

I haven't read 23 pages on this and aplogies if already mentioned in the thread.

And long may it stay that way. 

Edited by Wollo Wollo Wayoo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

17 minutes ago, Wolford6 said:

Yep

Or a cricket team

Or a RU team

And nearly without a SL team.

However wakey has a huge blossoming art industry , with heavy investment in such facilities

1 hour ago, gingerjon said:

No, Salford City and Sale were going to buy the ground. Neither side was supportive of a 3rd team being based at the ground, but Salford City's owners made it clear publicly in several interviews I've seen (mainly Gary Neville) that they would not go ahead with a deal that made SRD homeless.

They haven't done that, despite Sale being more than happy to do so.

1 hour ago, Tommygilf said:

No, Salford City and Sale were going to buy the ground. Neither side was supportive of a 3rd team being based at the ground, but Salford City's owners made it clear publicly in several interviews I've seen (mainly Gary Neville) that they would not go ahead with a deal that made SRD homeless.

Apologies. Got that one wrong.

• Thanks 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

4 hours ago, gingerjon said:

I thought SRD were content with moving to where Salford City play ?. Hopefully if the fella who is interested in buying SRD that will all change. 

Just now, Josef K said:

I thought SRD were content with moving to where Salford City play ?. Hopefully if the fella who is interested in buying SRD that will all change. 

(I had my facts wrong but) I'm not sure 'content' was where they were at. More 'accepting'.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

You fell hook, line and sinker for the PR, there. Same as my mate who supports Salford City and believes all of the ‘class of 92’ bods are in it because of their “love of the city”. This is the same Gary Neville that sat back and let Bury FC die while his dad’s name was on the main stand. 

• Confused 1

46 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

You fell hook, line and sinker for the PR, there. Same as my mate who supports Salford City and believes all of the ‘class of 92’ bods are in it because of their “love of the city”. This is the same Gary Neville that sat back and let Bury FC die while his dad’s name was on the main stand. 

Its not PR though, they didn't kick SRD out of their ground.

1 hour ago, Leyther_Matt said:

This is the same Gary Neville that sat back and let Bury FC die while his dad’s name was on the main stand. 

Bury's problems had very little to do directly with money and a lot to do with an owner who was happy to destroy the club regardless.

• Like 2

Last training session on the pitch tomorrow and then an half hour slot for fans to pile on and get some turf as a memento or to patch up the lawn at home.

• Like 2

Wakefield Trinity RLFC

pitch_n.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Wakefield Trinity RLFC

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/08/2022 at 08:21, Leyther_Matt said:

so bury went belly up because Gary Neville let it. Thanks for the info

10 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Right. That's Belle Vue and Trinity all sorted. Nothing to see here, so who shall we tear to pieces instead?

If only that were true...

Away fans on the Western terrace won't actually benefit from this development, other than having something nicer to have a poor view of.

Also, the east stand won't be finished until next summer at the earliest. 

We're used to being torn apart. We'd miss it really.