Wakefield Trinity plans submision

TrinityJCB.jpg

• Like 1

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/968418073171484/permalink/5798260680187175/?sfnsn=scwspmo&ref=share

Some nice current photos here.

Edited by Wollo Wollo Wayoo
  • Thanks 1

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

On 11/09/2022 at 09:35, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

TrinityJCB.jpg

If that's your new forward for next season, isn't that cheating?  Just asking!

• Haha 1

Ive been going to BV as an away fan since about 1990 (obviously not as often these past few few years!) and always parked on Sugar Lane. Only seeing those pics from above do i now realise how big the cemetery actually is. Some fantastic shots there. 

I wonder,  have Wakey missed a trick not moveing the pich over 5 or 10 meters.  Could that have given them a bit more room when they get round to developing the east side of the ground?

EDIT: Donny road is possibly too close?

Edited by Ragingbull

On 26/09/2022 at 23:07, Ragingbull said:

Ive been going to BV as an away fan since about 1990 (obviously not as often these past few few years!) and always parked on Sugar Lane. Only seeing those pics from above do i now realise how big the cemetery actually is. Some fantastic shots there. 

I wonder,  have Wakey missed a trick not moving the pitch over 5 or 10 meters.  Could that have given them a bit more room when they get round to developing the east side of the ground?

EDIT: Donny road is possibly too close?

No they haven't unless you have an unlimited budget and don't want a car park. Also you mean the west side of the ground. The east side is where the new stand is.

Capacity is not the issue at BV and (hopefully) when we need to increase capacity drastically we have the south end of the ground that currently has no capacity other than the flats yet is actually a very large space. It could easily offer space for a 3000 capacity stand.

The capacity of the west terrace is fine at 2, 200, it's the viewing angles that are diabolical. If re-profiled and taken fully back that would increase to approx 3,000. The west terrace is segregated for away fans and I can't think of many teams that will bring 3,000+ so it's fine as it is size wise.

What was an issue at BV but won't be for much longer is facilities . The new all singing all dancing East stand will address all of those in one stroke, this is why the East stand takes up such a large footprint. The philosophy is very simple, increase revenue by enhancing the match day experience and at the same time make BV and Trinity a seven day a week business.

Hope this image helps.

STAND 98_n.jpg

Edited by Kirmonds pouch

1 hour ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

No they haven't unless you have an unlimited budget and don't want a car park. Also you mean the west side of the ground. The east side is where the new stand is.

Capacity is not the issue at BV and (hopefully) when we need to increase capacity drastically we have the south end of the ground that currently has no capacity other than the flats yet is actually a very large space. It could easily offer space for a 3000 capacity stand.

The capacity of the west terrace is fine at 2, 200, it's the viewing angles that are diabolical. If re-profiled and taken fully back that would increase to approx 3,000. The west terrace is segregated for away fans and I can't think of many teams that will bring 3,000+ so it's fine as it is size wise.

What was an issue at BV but won't be for much longer is facilities . The new all singing all dancing East stand will address all of those in one stroke, this is why the East stand takes up such a large footprint. The philosophy is very simple, increase revenue by enhancing the match day experience and at the same time make BV and Trinity a seven day a week business.

Hope this image helps.

STAND 98_n.jpg

You really are pushing this idea that this new stand is revolutionary and going to be something thats never been seen before.  I wouldnt be quite so excited to be honest youre still a long way behind almost every othe SL ground and still have a lot of work to do. 

7 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Stand supposed to be half way through next year so that extra year of SL money will be a big relief even if they do go down this year, depending on what comes out of today of course. If done well, will give them the cash to spend close to cap and compete which sould boost crowds back above the 5k figure pushing 6k and give the sport another club actually challenging at the top rather than scrabbling at the bottom picking up tv cheques. 

That’s a lot of big assumptions based on one stand.

2 hours ago, Ragingbull said:

You really are pushing this idea that this new stand is revolutionary and going to be something thats never been seen before.  I wouldnt be quite so excited to be honest youre still a long way behind almost every othe SL ground and still have a lot of work to do. 

What on earth are you on about. It's not revolutionary at all and I never said it was so cut the guff. What it is, is what we didn't have before, a modern structure with modern facilities held within. It's not the Wembley of the north, that's purely a Bradford fantasy, but it does move us significantly forward.

As for being behind other SL grounds, that's not strictly true. The criteria is not based on how it looks but what it provides and on completion we will be able to meet all the required SL criteria.

So if we are being honest shouldn't you be more worried about your hole in the ground, the one that's behind most Division 1 clubs let alone the SL. Still you can always go back cap in hand to Dewsbury.

None of this is rocket science so I assume you are simply bitter at seeing a club you once probably derided moving forward. Have some decorum.

Edited by Kirmonds pouch
  • Like 3

57 minutes ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

What on earth are you on about. It's not revolutionary at all and I never said it was so cut the guff. What it is, is what we didn't have before, a modern structure with modern facilities held within. It's not the Wembley of the north, that's purely a Bradford fantasy, but it does move us significantly forward.

As for being behind other SL grounds, that's not strictly true. The criteria is not based on how it looks but what it provides and on completion we will be able to meet all the required SL criteria.

So if we are being honest shouldn't you be more worried about your hole in the ground, the one that's behind most Division 1 clubs let alone the SL. Still you can always go back cap in hand to Dewsbury.

None of this is rocket science so I assume you are simply bitter at seeing a club you once probably derided moving forward. Have some decorum.

My post was regarding Wakey nothing to do with Odsal or Bradford so please dont bring them in to it as a way to ditract from the point i was making.

Are you seriously saying you dont thonk BV is still behing most other SL grounds even with a your new stand?  I mean seriously? Like really seriously?

5 hours ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

The capacity of the west terrace is fine at 2, 200, it's the viewing angles that are diabolical. If re-profiled and taken fully back that would increase to approx 3,000. 

STAND 98_n.jpg

Is that the intent if funding can be found? Aerial it looks like a roof could be installed along its length.

1 hour ago, GeordieSaint said:

Is that the intent if funding can be found? Aerial it looks like a roof could be installed along its length.

No, the terrace is rubbish - not enough elevation for a start.

Also, the TV camera goes that side and a roof would obscure it's sight lines.

It needs a full rebuild, but that will come on the back of increased revenues / new funding down the line.

It is next on the list though. 

• Thanks 1

So the latest is footings for the stand going in, the new big screen is going up, the barriers in both the west and north areas are being removed and replaced and the terracing on the North stand is about to be commenced. The pitch is down along with earlier this season the new floodlights and other improvements. The work as far as I know is in front and a local company has been appointed to carry out the brick work with the good weather things are moving at a pace and hopefully at this rate it will be completed on time or before.

• Like 12

On 02/10/2022 at 11:03, Forever Trinity said:

So the latest is footings for the stand going in, the new big screen is going up, the barriers in both the west and north areas are being removed and replaced and the terracing on the North stand is about to be commenced. The pitch is down along with earlier this season the new floodlights and other improvements. The work as far as I know is in front and a local company has been appointed to carry out the brick work with the good weather things are moving at a pace and hopefully at this rate it will be completed on time or before.

Thanks for the update 

18 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Awesome , hope Wakey keep getting the positive news out. Really time for them to push on whatever happens next season.

Somebody has to finish bottom , that might be anybody 

I think the north east stand/facilities being refurbished is going to be an important development too.

The whole place getting refurbished to include a new two floor gym with a room for classes. Male and female locker facilities. A new cafe area. some storage areas.

From a training and facilities point of view for players it’s also a big upgrade. 

If anyone wants to see the planning and layouts check the drawings for the east, northeast and north stand on the planning gov site.

Edited by Trojan Horse

• 3 weeks later...

For those who'd believe it when they saw it, better start eating their hats blah blah.

Steelwork going up this week.

New Hybrid pitch, new floodlights, permanent big screen frame in place.

For those interested I'll keep you up to date now there are things to see.

Ff0kdS3XEAAk9m3.jpg

Ff0kdzCXEAAbjzd.jpg

Edited by Kirmonds pouch
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

For those who'd believe it when they saw it, better start eating their hats blah blah.

Steelwork going up this week.

New Hybrid pitch, new floodlights, permanent big screen frame in place.

For those interested I'll keep you up to date now there are things to see.

Ff0kdS3XEAAk9m3.jpg

Ff0kdzCXEAAbjzd.jpg

Now that stand and area is cleared you can really see how much space there actually is there. Are they moving that new stand back at all? It would seem prudent to do so to allow more flexibility in developing the other side, which is a lot more constrained.

26 minutes ago, Damien said:

Now that stand and area is cleared you can really see how much space there actually is there. Are they moving that new stand back at all? It would seem prudent to do so to allow more flexibility in developing the other side, which is a lot more constrained.

No I believe the new stand will go from the current pitch side back to the vicinity of the house in the photo

In addition the rest of the area will be the car park re-developed

Edited by Forever Trinity
update
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Damien said:

No.

There is plenty of space on the opposite side (western terrace), it's actually very deceiving due to the appalling terracing and wasted space. When re-profiled it can easily hold 4000. So why would we need it any bigger? The East stand is the focal point and requires a reasonable number of parking space, 150 approx I believe.

We are unlikely to ever need the West terrace to hold more that 4,000, we will almost certainly need 150 car parking spaces.

I'm trying not to be sarcastic, but we are trying to build a fit for purpose 10k plus stadium, not Old Trafford.

FYI on the plans I've seen the final figure when all four sides are re-developed is at present 11,400 approx. Roughly 3600 seated, the rest standing. This would put it in a similar bracket to Salford/HKR/Catalan and bigger than Cas or Leigh.

FYI part 2. The south end of the ground could easily be developed to get that figure up to 14,000+. However, the club don't see a realistic need for that any time soon and would rather make the ground facility rich. So the South stand would look similar to the East but with less seating and emphasis being on whats behind it. The last I saw it would be some kind of sports science facility, with a sports hall etc, but also some further hospitality stuff.

Hope that helps.

Very positive and thanks for the update. Do you think the completed work will leave us/you with an 'international' standard venue? It is a crying shame that the Wakefield area doesn't have any games in this World Cup but the facilities just aren't up to scratch (yet).

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.