Wakefield Trinity plans submision

1 minute ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

No.

There is plenty of space on the opposite side (western terrace), it's actually very deceiving due to the appalling terracing and wasted space. When re-profiled it can easily hold 4000. So why would we need it any bigger? The East stand is the focal point and requires a reasonable number of parking space, 150 approx I believe.

We are unlikely to ever need the West terrace to hold more that 4,000, we will almost certainly need 150 car parking spaces.

I'm trying not to be sarcastic, but we are trying to build a fit for purpose 10k plus stadium, not Old Trafford.

FYI on the plans I've seen the final figure when all four sides are re-developed is at present 11,400 approx. Roughly 3600 seated, the rest standing. This would put it in a similar bracket to Salford/HKR/Catalan and bigger than Cas or Leigh.

FYI part 2. The south end of the ground could easily be developed to get that figure up to 14,000+. However, the club don't see a realistic need for that any time soon and would rather make the ground facility rich. So the South stand would look similar to the East but with less seating and emphasis being on whats behind it. The last I saw it would be some kind of sports science facility, with a sports hall etc, but also some further hospitality stuff.

Hope that helps.

No need to always be so defensive and constantly reply with snide comments, it was a straightforward question.

I didn't realise it could potentially hold 4,000, it never seemed like there was that much space when I've been to Belle Vue and stood in that stand. I certainly agree that if it can potentially hold 4k, and the ground be expanded to 14k if needed, then that's ample.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Damien said:

No need to always be so defensive and constantly reply with snide comments, it was a straightforward question.

I didn't realise it could potentially hold 4,000, it never seemed like there was that much space when I've been to Belle Vue and stood in that stand. I certainly agree that if it can potentially hold 4k, and the ground be expanded to 14k if needed, then that's ample.

I made clear I wasn't being sarcastic, but sometimes you have to get straight to the point.

If you see the image below, were you to clear that space of all the rubbish thats already there, the space is quite large. At the moment the terracing only goes two thirds back. It's a real mess and will be sorted as funds become available.

west.jpg

1 hour ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

I made clear I wasn't being sarcastic, but sometimes you have to get straight to the point.

If you see the image below, were you to clear that space of all the rubbish thats already there, the space is quite large. At the moment the terracing only goes two thirds back. It's a real mess and will be sorted as funds become available.

west.jpg

Are there height restrictions due to surrounding housing (like Leeds had)?

8 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

Tricky one. In theory no, because the old West Stand was considerably higher than any new structure. Also the old boxes that are there now are similar in height to what would replace it. However British planning laws seem to run on a whim, so you can never be sure.

I think some plans were passed around 1999, but whether they are still valid I don't know.

30 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

I was wondering that too when I asked the question, hence being another reason to reconfigure slightly when it will cost nothing but give more options.

1 hour ago, Damien said:

I was wondering that too when I asked the question, hence being another reason to reconfigure slightly when it will cost nothing but give more options.

Why do you think it would cost nothing?

I really don't think you're grasping this at all.

We'd have to move the pitch for the sake of what, ten feet? Which means the west terrace would be too far from the pitch and offer even worse viewing angles than it does now. Hence it would have to be rebuilt now. We don't have the money to do it now, nor tbh honest do we need to.

Hence it would cost a fortune.

I'm sorry but you seem intent on creating a problem that isn't there.

I'll put it another way, capacity is NOT an issue at BV. We have not touched our current capacity since 2006. What we are is facility poor, thus the new East stand will be the HUB, with almost everything we need in it. It's exactly where we want it, facing the main road with a good car park and an impressive facade.

The west terrace is fine as it is, just needs raising up about 18 inches. Truth is it doesn't even need a roof, the North and East will offer cover for 6,000. It's a summer game supposedly and it's never stopped Odsal being packed in the Bulls heyday.

5 minutes ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

Why do you think it would cost nothing?

I really don't think you're grasping this at all.

We'd have to move the pitch for the sake of what, ten feet? Which means the west terrace would be too far from the pitch and offer even worse viewing angles than it does now. Hence it would have to be rebuilt now. We don't have the money to do it now, nor tbh honest do we need to.

Hence it would cost a fortune.

I'm sorry but you seem intent on creating a problem that isn't there.

I'll put it another way, capacity is NOT an issue at BV. We have not touched our current capacity since 2006. What we are is facility poor, thus the new East stand will be the HUB, with almost everything we need in it. It's exactly where we want it, facing the main road with a good car park and an impressive facade.

The west terrace is fine as it is, just needs raising up about 18 inches. Truth is it doesn't even need a roof, the North and East will offer cover for 6,000. It's a summer game supposedly and it's never stopped Odsal being packed in the Bulls heyday.

There you go again, what an odd rant but it's simply what we've come to expect. I'm not sure why every post of your is always so confrontational and trying to start a fight. I wasn't even replying to you and you have already explained your view, to which I replied. There really was little more to add.

It would cost no more to build the stand a little further away to add a little room. Nothing else has to move, sorry you can't comprehend that. Is it a big deal if it's not done? No. Do I care? No. It was a simply a straightforward question. It is strange how you are so aggressive on practically every thread but yet are so precious and touchy when its Wakefield and then no one else can have a view other than yours.

• Like 1

Well done to Wakefield. I've been critical of their facilities for years but thankfully, they have finally got a management team in place, which has produced results.

I hope they have got their finances in place to be able to afford it, I hope they can produce additional non match revenue to assist the club and I hope they generally progress as a club and become a solid top 6/8 side.

Over to Castleford.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Damien said:

There you go again, what an odd rant but it's simply what we've come to expect. I'm not sure why every post of your is always so confrontational and trying to start a fight. I wasn't even replying to you and you have already explained your view, to which I replied. There really was little more to add.

It would cost no more to build the stand a little further away to add a little room. Nothing else has to move, sorry you can't comprehend that. Is it a big deal if it's not done? No. Do I care? No. It was a simply a straightforward question. It is strange how you are so aggressive on practically every thread but yet are so precious and touchy when its Wakefield and then no one else can have a view other than yours.

I've suggested the same earlier on this thread about shifting the pitch  and was met with a very similar response by the same individual. He seems to go in to a wild defensive confrontational rage if you dare to suggest an alternative to what's been planned or question anything about  Wakey in general. 

1 hour ago, cookey said:

Well done to Wakefield. I've been critical of their facilities for years but thankfully, they have finally got a management team in place, which has produced results.

I hope they have got their finances in place to be able to afford it, I hope they can produce additional non match revenue to assist the club and I hope they generally progress as a club and become a solid top 6/8 side.

Over to Castleford.

Don't hold yer breath on that!

Cas have plans to re-develop WR , but still waiting for finances for funding ,  to be confirmed by Axiom , who were originally going to build a new stadium on their planned retail outlet development site just off the M62. Sadly , in the current climate , Axiom's plans for a retail park seem to have fallen through and I believe they are now looking to change the planning permission for another venture on the land instead . With that in mind , and at the last time of hearing , Axiom were going to offer Cas compensation (in a similar way to Wakefield's acquired funding for BV) , the money of which was to be used to re-develop Cas ground. instead of a new stadium build . 

Edited by Taffy Tiger
  • Like 2

On 25/10/2022 at 09:00, Ragingbull said:

I've suggested the same earlier on this thread about shifting the pitch  and was met with a very similar response by the same individual. He seems to go in to a wild defensive confrontational rage if you dare to suggest an alternative to what's been planned or question anything about  Wakey in general. 

He's a graphic designer don't you know...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Trojan Horse said:

Apparently 2 weeks ahead of schedule.

The frame is flying up. Looks like it’s going to be very large. 

Enjoying following the works.

84EC6219-616C-45FF-8C41-6CF0ED3FECC8.jpeg

Great to see them cracking on with it.  Hopefully we get a decent Winter which doesn't hamper the works too much.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Trojan Horse said:

Apparently 2 weeks ahead of schedule.

The frame is flying up. Looks like it’s going to be very large. 

Enjoying following the works.

84EC6219-616C-45FF-8C41-6CF0ED3FECC8.jpeg

That's a big Meccano set!😁

Keep them photos coming.