Wakefield Trinity plans submision

4 hours ago, Trojan Horse said:

It's how many will be sat in it ? 😉

On 05/11/2022 at 13:31, Trojan Horse said:

What will that take the total capacity to?

It's good to see Wakefield getting an upgrade. Hopefully it will encourage attendances to improve. Lot of potential in Wakefield 

• Like 2

On 05/11/2022 at 17:53, GUBRATS said:

It's how many will be sat in it ? 😉

Although I guess the easy answer is more than sat in the old stand, I don't think it matters as much as the facilities within the structure and modernity of it   I'm not quite ready for a seat and leg blanket myself and prefer to stand whenever and wherever the option is available.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

Well one thing is for certain all those people who have berated the club over the years will now be able to visit sit in first class facilities with a great view of the game on a brand new pitch under new lights with a new big screen and if they have an EV charge it up in the car park.  Hopefully we will see all the knockers in the stand once opened.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Gav Wilson said:

If it has a raised viewing platform for wheelchairs then I'll definitely be along for a game!

Strange isn't it , other countries build stadia/stands where the first row is maybe 6-10 feet above the pitch so everybody gets a better view , but over here we still see new stands/ terraces built essentially at pitch level ?

2 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Strange isn't it , other countries build stadia/stands where the first row is maybe 6-10 feet above the pitch so everybody gets a better view , but over here we still see new stands/ terraces built essentially at pitch level ?

No that's not actually why they build them that way from what I've read. It's a peculiarity and most common in French municipal stadium, it certainly isn't the norm anywhere in the world, most stands/stadiums have seating that starts at pitch level.

I assume the reason it's done this way is economics and space saving. The stands essentially sit on top of the club facilities, so the changing rooms etc are under rather than behind the seats. Again I assume this makes for a cheaper and smaller footprint. Saving money and space. The latter being vital as many of these stadiums seem to sit in built up areas. Many were obviously built for locals in an era when cars were not so common.

I certainly can't think of many of the Aussies stadiums built that way, or any major European football teams, though I'm sure there will be some.

• 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Even if they go down then everything will be in place for them to bounce back anyway, the medium and long term future looks bright for Trin. 

I maybe biased obviously but I do not think we will get relegated. There is a sense of massive change at the club and all positive except for some of the fans demanding more signings. The narrative from the club payers and officials is positive to say the least.

On 08/11/2022 at 16:49, Kirmonds pouch said:

No that's not actually why they build them that way from what I've read. It's a peculiarity and most common in French municipal stadium, it certainly isn't the norm anywhere in the world, most stands/stadiums have seating that starts at pitch level.

I assume the reason it's done this way is economics and space saving. The stands essentially sit on top of the club facilities, so the changing rooms etc are under rather than behind the seats. Again I assume this makes for a cheaper and smaller footprint. Saving money and space. The latter being vital as many of these stadiums seem to sit in built up areas. Many were obviously built for locals in an era when cars were not so common.

I certainly can't think of many of the Aussies stadiums built that way, or any major European football teams, though I'm sure there will be some.

I always thought this was for safety. Should an emergency happen , much easier to find safe exit 

7 minutes ago, Forever Trinity said:

I maybe biased obviously but I do not think we will get relegated. There is a sense of massive change at the club and all positive except for some of the fans demanding more signings. The narrative from the club payers and officials is positive to say the least.

Positivity only takes you so far. Our present squad will need more than positivity. 

44 minutes ago, Forever Trinity said:

Latest pictures from yesterday gets most things in, the new big screen, North Stand starting to be developed, the new East Stand and the carpet of a pitch.

IMG_20221124_134709.jpg

Apologies if I've missed it but what's happening with the West Stand? I can't see anything on the original plans that it's being knocked down and rebuilt.

With that being the side away fans stand are Wakey moving the away section to another part of the ground?

2 minutes ago, SalfordSlim said:

Apologies if I've missed it but what's happening with the West Stand? I can't see anything on the original plans that it's being knocked down and rebuilt.

With that being the side away fans stand are Wakey moving the away section to another part of the ground?

Nothing happening on the West side as yet. Developments in the corner from where the photo is taken (not the flats) that's the current changing room area and Rollin Shack Bar. This will become more community focussed.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, SalfordSlim said:

Nah you lot can still slum it whilst we live it up in luxury. 

1 hour ago, Forever Trinity said:

Can you point me in the direction of any previous pre-season spiel thats anything other that positive?? From any club?? I reckon you’ll struggle!

But i can promise you many fans are worried about the strength of the squad even with the reserve grade Kiwi that is linked. Right now we are relegation favourites for a reason.  

2 hours ago, Forever Trinity said:

Latest pictures from yesterday gets most things in, the new big screen, North Stand starting to be developed, the new East Stand and the carpet of a pitch.

IMG_20221124_134709.jpg

How are they developing the North stand  ? The East stand is coming along nicely and will transform the ground.

10 minutes ago, WakefieldCityLoyal said:

New terracing on north stand upper and new barriers.

Yes correct, i would also add its been operating at reduced capacity for a while now due to unsafe terracing. New improvements give it 3600 capacity

Plus for the anoraks 2600 new stand

2500 for west away side( i think)

500 boxes 

On 08/11/2022 at 07:58, Forever Trinity said:

Well one thing is for certain all those people who have berated the club over the years will now be able to visit sit in first class facilities with a great view of the game on a brand new pitch under new lights with a new big screen and if they have an EV charge it up in the car park.  Hopefully we will see all the knockers in the stand once opened.

I think what Wakey are finally doing is great. Just like Hull KR have done, we don't need everyone to move into one of those new, Lego identikit stadiums, we just want every club to bit-by-bit invest in meaningful improvements. One part of the ground at the time. Gives consumers choice too eh - if you want the open terrace experience, why not

• Like 8

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?