Wakefield Trinity plans submision

9 minutes ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

I think what Wakey are finally doing is great. Just like Hull KR have done, we don't need everyone to move into one of those new, Lego identikit stadiums, we just want every club to bit-by-bit invest in meaningful improvements. One part of the ground at the time. Gives consumers choice too eh - if you want the open terrace experience, why not

Yes well put comment. It may be a bit mix and match and the west terrace is still far below modern standards. However lets not forget any grounds main ingredient, the pitch ! Maximum dimension, perfectly flat and latest hybrid technology. Many RL stadiums absolutely put Wakeys to shame  but some have pitchs that are way below the standard at Belle Vue. Very few seem to give the club credit for that.

• Like 4

On 08/11/2022 at 07:58, Forever Trinity said:

Well one thing is for certain all those people who have berated the club over the years will now be able to visit sit in first class facilities with a great view of the game on a brand new pitch under new lights with a new big screen and if they have an EV charge it up in the car park.  Hopefully we will see all the knockers in the stand once opened.

Not all the people who’ve berated the club over the years, unless the stand holds 100,000. 

4 hours ago, Agbrigg said:

Yes correct, i would also add its been operating at reduced capacity for a while now due to unsafe terracing. New improvements give it 3600 capacity

Plus for the anoraks 2600 new stand

2500 for west away side( i think)

500 boxes 

That's a lot of boxes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

I think what Wakey are finally doing is great. Just like Hull KR have done, we don't need everyone to move into one of those new, Lego identikit stadiums, we just want every club to bit-by-bit invest in meaningful improvements. One part of the ground at the time. Gives consumers choice too eh - if you want the open terrace experience, why not

Totally agree , I think it adds character to be able to identify a stadium on TV . Many of the new ones are fairly interchangeable . 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, RL Tragic said:

Totally agree , I think it adds character to be able to identify a stadium on TV . Many of the new ones are fairly interchangeable . 

People don’t go to Rugby League for the ‘enormodome’ premium sporting experience. They come for the game, and it’s connection to the community. I like grounds that tell an evolving story.

Leeds new facilities are great like that too - keeping the South Stand terrace, having the unique double-sided stand, making a feature of the Directors box in the North East corner. Love boutique stadia like that, even when they’re larger than Wakey’s as Headingley is.

In the US they even seem to manage to do some great asymmetrical grounds at proper scale too, like Chicago Cubs ground, Boston’s Fenway Park, the daft Pirate ship at Tampa Bay with its working cannons 😂

• Like 3

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

2 hours ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

People don’t go to Rugby League for the ‘enormodome’ premium sporting experience. They come for the game, and it’s connection to the community. I like grounds that tell an evolving story.

Leeds new facilities are great like that too - keeping the South Stand terrace, having the unique double-sided stand, making a feature of the Directors box in the North East corner. Love boutique stadia like that, even when they’re larger than Wakey’s as Headingley is.

In the US they even seem to manage to do some great asymmetrical grounds at proper scale too, like Chicago Cubs ground, Boston’s Fenway Park, the daft Pirate ship at Tampa Bay with its working cannons 😂

I think if Cas had one decent plastic seats cantilever affair it would make it Bob on as RL grounds go . 

16 hours ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

If I recall correctly, Lansdowne Road had a huge terrace behind the sticks at one end until the very end. That made it an iconic view. You can have traditional and modern, you just need to look after it. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Northern Eel said:

If I recall correctly, Lansdowne Road had a huge terrace behind the sticks at one end until the very end. That made it an iconic view. You can have traditional and modern, you just need to look after it. 

Croke Park had its Hill 16 terrace replaced with new terracing as part of the stadium rebuild & accommodates 10k supporters.

• Like 1

On 25/11/2022 at 15:16, Wakey Til I Die said:

Can you point me in the direction of any previous pre-season spiel thats anything other that positive?? From any club?? I reckon you’ll struggle!

But i can promise you many fans are worried about the strength of the squad even with the reserve grade Kiwi that is linked. Right now we are relegation favourites for a reason.  

Like every season

9 hours ago, Northern Eel said:

…and a two-tiered terrace (my personal favourite ground eccentricity, Southampton had one n’all), plus trains running under the main stand. That’s the kind of stuff I’m here for! 

• Like 1

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

On 26/11/2022 at 18:43, RL Tragic said:

I think if Cas had one decent plastic seats cantilever affair it would make it Bob on as RL grounds go . 

It’ll need a bit more than that - the away end is pretty awful as well. But there’s plenty of space for two new stands. 

38 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

It’ll need a bit more than that - the away end is pretty awful as well. But there’s plenty of space for two new stands. 

Cas away end is the best in the comp.  Headingley a close 2nd.  Don't change either.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

On 28/11/2022 at 14:46, PREPOSTEROUS said:

Brought me to tears that.

I just love to see and hear stories about our game improving, growing and prospering. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...