Wakefield Trinity plans submision

44 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Just noticed the stand at Exeter for the Union ' spit ' game that's just been on ITV , that's what Wakey should have built , bottom half terrace , top half seating , essentially a mini Headingley south stand 

Unlike Headingley there is plenty of terrace already, I'm not sure there is any need for more. It's seats and facilities that is lacking. 

36 minutes ago, Damien said:

Unlike Headingley there is plenty of terrace already, I'm not sure there is any need for more. It's seats and facilities that is lacking. 

Seats that nobody will sit in , and terracing that is poor viewing, that side of the site is the only one deep enough to build a big stand to accommodate all your home fans , leaving the end for the away fans 

All IMO 

The new East Stand will be well populated if season ticket bookings are correctly reported. I also think that there are many regular fans, particularly the older ones, who will migrate to the new stand because unlike the old stand the seats and facilities will be superb.

The North stand terracing will be completely brand new and is much steeper than the old terracing so offers a much improved view of the game. To the best of my knowledge it will be available to visiting fans as well as home ones.

As someone pointed out earlier, more seats were required at Belle Vue so that has been a priority in the new stand

The stadium will offer superb facilities from 3 sides with the West Terrace being the horrible exception. Everyone knows it’s an eyesore and in some parts it offers a poor view of the game but it’s going to have to wait for the next phase of refurbishment

Edited by OMEGA
  • Like 3

On 27/11/2022 at 22:08, Josef K said:

Cas & Leeds uncovered terracing are great if it’s not raining 

Yeah ascetically pleasing in a sort of sentimental way when viewed from the covered stands, but feels distinctly patronisingly third class looking into the San Diego party through a frosted window outside Tijuana kind of way for us awayites..  

They could have a Brian Wilsonian Warmth of the Sun, the distant clap of willow, heated gold plated bog handles, a free Michelin starred half time snackbar served by (insert own fantasy character) or even running water at Cas, but until both away ends are covered, for me, they will always feel dismally incomplete.

Edited by idrewthehaggis
  • Like 2

On 17/12/2022 at 16:36, GUBRATS said:

Seats that nobody will sit in , and terracing that is poor viewing, that side of the site is the only one deep enough to build a big stand to accommodate all your home fans , leaving the end for the away fans 

All IMO 

2,600 seats, come on I think we will manage that for bigger games, the vast majority of the ground is still standing, really don't get your point.

PS: You don't even get the end, which has been replaced with brilliant new terracing that will offer great viewing angle. Something mentioned at least a thousand times but somehow you manage to ignore. You away fans get the as yet untouched west stand. In the case of most away fans I can only apologies and hope you remain patient as we are working on it. In your case though. I just say tough luck.

Edited by Kirmonds pouch
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

Are the portacabin corporate facilities going?

Why would they go, they are excellent and are already fully booked and will remain so.

I know you think it's hilarious to call them portacabins, but if yo'd ever been in then you'd know that couldn't be further from the truth. They are well appointed inside and are very popular with the local business community. They also offer a fantastic view of the game, if I could afford one that's where I'd watch from. This is why most of the boxes are booked out for many seasons to come.

They offer an option and a popular one and will continue to make us money. They are the same as those at Bradford and many a football ground, it's pure snobbery o your part, but who cares we will carry on taking the cash,

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

Why would they go, they are excellent and are already fully booked and will remain so.

I know you think it's hilarious to call them portacabins, but if yo'd ever been in then you'd know that couldn't be further from the truth. They are well appointed inside and are very popular with the local business community. They also offer a fantastic view of the game, if I could afford one that's where I'd watch from. This is why most of the boxes are booked out for many seasons to come.

They offer an option and a popular one and will continue to make us money. They are the same as those at Bradford and many a football ground, it's pure snobbery o your part, but who cares we will carry on taking the cash,

I've always thought they were a great idea. Efficient way to deliver a lot of corporate entertainment space. Maradona's old club Boca Juniors have done it on an entire side of the ground, road right behind it so didn't have much choice other than to go vertical but it looks cool. 

Boca juniors.jpg

• Like 1

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

58 minutes ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

2,600 seats, come on I think we will manage that for bigger games, the vast majority of the ground is still standing, really don't get your point.

PS: You don't even get the end, which has been replaced with brilliant new terracing that will offer great viewing angle. Something mentioned at least a thousand times but somehow you manage to ignore. You away fans get the as yet untouched west stand. In the case of most away fans I can only apologies and hope you remain patient as we are working on it. In your case though. I just say tough luck.

Yes I've seen the pictures of the new steelwork at the end , and with the height of the old roof ( yes I know it's not very old , just old fashioned ) it will generate a great atmosphere , but even that end will result in a reduced capacity unless they only let short people in it at the back 

And even so the front part will still have poor viewing angles 

And yes those of us visiting will be either in the rain or under the carport at the end 

It just seems to me a missed opportunity 

I'll still visit if we are still in the same division when it's finished 

3 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Yes I've seen the pictures of the new steelwork at the end , and with the height of the old roof ( yes I know it's not very old , just old fashioned ) it will generate a great atmosphere , but even that end will result in a reduced capacity unless they only let short people in it at the back 

And even so the front part will still have poor viewing angles 

And yes those of us visiting will be either in the rain or under the carport at the end 

It just seems to me a missed opportunity 

I'll still visit if we are still in the same division when it's finished 

Now you really are embarrassing yourself through lack of knowledge. The capacity of the North Stand will be significantly increased actually about double of what was allowed last season. The reason for the restricted capacity was the poor quality of the terracing under the stand. steeper terracing is being put in yes it does not go to the back of the stand due to increased costs but it will hold more due to the new terracing.

Viewing angles well it is what it is but the new stand will be unobstructed.

There will be allocated seating in the new stand for away supporters so you will not have to stand out on the Western Terrace or under the 'carport' at least there is more cover than Headingly and Cas for asway supporters! 

Its not a missed opportunity the West will be the next phase, so far the development will have cost 12 million the West will be next, the club is lining its ducks up to get there but the finance is not quite there yet.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Forever Trinity said:

Now you really are embarrassing yourself through lack of knowledge. The capacity of the North Stand will be significantly increased actually about double of what was allowed last season. The reason for the restricted capacity was the poor quality of the terracing under the stand. steeper terracing is being put in yes it does not go to the back of the stand due to increased costs but it will hold more due to the new terracing.

Viewing angles well it is what it is but the new stand will be unobstructed.

There will be allocated seating in the new stand for away supporters so you will not have to stand out on the Western Terrace or under the 'carport' at least there is more cover than Headingly and Cas for asway supporters! 

Its not a missed opportunity the West will be the next phase, so far the development will have cost 12 million the West will be next, the club is lining its ducks up to get there but the finance is not quite there yet.

I'm not criticising, it's great to see you getting somewhere with it , just that the site does have considerable limits to it , the one side where you have space to build something substantial IMO could have been a bit bigger 

I do stand when available so will be on the western terrace ,hopefully in the sunshine 🐆😉

4 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Safety issues were limiting the capacity of the North Stand.  The current improvements to that area will actually increase the allowed capacity.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

6 hours ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

Calm down it was a genuine question as I wasn’t fully aware which sections of the stadium were being upgraded, i only used Portacabins as a descriptor so people knew what I meant as that’s what I’ve always heard them called.

no snobbery on might part you inferred that incorrectly.

2 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Calm down it was a genuine question as I wasn’t fully aware which sections of the stadium were being upgraded, i only used Portacabins as a descriptor so people knew what I meant as that’s what I’ve always heard them called.

no snobbery on might part you inferred that incorrectly.

Yes , you didn't really use the correct terminology , it's normally the Benidorm flats 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 18/12/2022 at 11:50, OMEGA said:

The new East Stand will be well populated if season ticket bookings are correctly reported. I also think that there are many regular fans, particularly the older ones, who will migrate to the new stand because unlike the old stand the seats and facilities will be superb.

The North stand terracing will be completely brand new and is much steeper than the old terracing so offers a much improved view of the game. To the best of my knowledge it will be available to visiting fans as well as home ones.

As someone pointed out earlier, more seats were required at Belle Vue so that has been a priority in the new stand

The stadium will offer superb facilities from 3 sides with the West Terrace being the horrible exception. Everyone knows it’s an eyesore and in some parts it offers a poor view of the game but it’s going to have to wait for the next phase of refurbishment

It's also a much better place to watch the match (from the side) 

I never understand grounds where home fans use an end as their main supporter base 

On 18/12/2022 at 12:29, Chrispmartha said:

Are the portacabin corporate facilities going?

I've been in their corporate and it is great...each of the pods is really decent inside and very close to the action ..."portacabin" is such a derogatory way to describe them....not all clubs can afford a £20 million pound new North stand like Leeds 

Edited by Bedfordshire Bronco
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

I've been in their corporate and it is great...each of the pods is really decent inside and very close to the action ..."portacabin" is such a derogatory way to describe them....not all clubs can afford a £20 million pound new North stand like Leeds 

I’m pretty sure Leeds couldn’t afford it,didn’t Legal & General pension fund pay for it.

45 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

I’ve been in it aswell and it was good.

it honestly wasn’t meant as an insult.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

I'm not criticising, it's great to see you getting somewhere with it , just that the site does have considerable limits to it , the one side where you have space to build something substantial IMO could have been a bit bigger 

I do stand when available so will be on the western terrace ,hopefully in the sunshine 🐆😉

I'm sure this has been said before, but have a look at an aerial view - there's actually a fair bit of space on the western side, so when the time comes I think something 'substantial' could be done (though would probably have the right to light surveyors and solicitors salivating.

Seriously, I think there's a weird effect at Belle Vue where people go expecting a dump, and actually therefore don't see the potential of what they're looking at.

I've experienced it myself - the western side feels cramped when you're on it but if you got your tape measure out and looked properly at what's available it's basically just a dreadful use currently of (quite a lot of) space. 

In the fullness of time, it'll come good.

Edited by iffleyox
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Davo5 said:

I’m pretty sure Leeds couldn’t afford it,didn’t Legal & General pension fund pay for it.

Yes and no. 

Leeds probably could have found the financing for their respective development, but as with so much involving the shared development of Headingley over the last 20 years or so, Yorkshire CCC is the problem child and they don't really have a pot to pee in. 

The arrangement with Legal and General is that it would provide the finance for the shared stand, so to say that they "paid for it" would be like arguing that your mortgage lender paid for your house - technically true, but also not contextually accurate.

L&G lease the stand to Leeds City Council, who sub-lease it to Headingley North/South Stand Ltd - which is a joint venture between Leeds CF&A and YCCC.

The council is involved largely as an underwriter to protect one party from the other, especially given the value of the Test cricket to the local economy. If YCCC were to, I don't know, be involved in a scandal that saw them stripped of Test status and lose all their sponsors (unlikely I know), it limits the damage to the Rhinos if YCCC can't pay their share of the lease. 

Edited by whatmichaelsays
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Davo5 said:

Isn't that the way with almost all redevelopments though? Unless someone gets a huge grant to pay for everything there is almost always some element of financing involved.