Wakefield Trinity plans submision

16 hours ago, Davo5 said:

I’m pretty sure Leeds couldn’t afford it,didn’t Legal & General pension fund pay for it.

If Leeds can afford to service the debt, then they can afford it. Unless you're saying I can't afford my house because I didn't pay for it in cash

• Like 2

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

1 hour ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

Just thinking how phenomenally stupid some of you look now. Still you keep posting so your skin remains as thick as ever. 

been past a few times recently - its looking great mate

• Like 1

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

1 hour ago, Tommygilf said:

New Stand, same as before

Good....hate it when grounds face the camera away from main stand ( as in Salford and Catalan) 

I also will now use this as an opportunity to criticise Leeds Rhinos......Let's hope that unilke Rhinos the spanking new stand at Wakey actually has more than just the player's families in it during TV games (as we all know the North stand /Headingly looks awful for empty seats on TV).....a problem easily solved by placing the cameras facing the full South Stand 

Edited by Bedfordshire Bronco

58 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Good....hate it when grounds face the camera away from main stand ( as in Salford and Catalan) 

I also will now use this as an opportunity to criticise Leeds Rhinos......Let's hope that unilke Rhinos the spanking new stand at Wakey actually has more than just the player's families in it during TV games (as we all know the North stand /Headingly looks awful for empty seats on TV).....a problem easily solved by placing the cameras facing the full South Stand 

I could be wrong but I believe the TV gantry had to go in the South Stand due to the shared stand and corporate facilities which in fairness are more important than satisfying the seat counters watching on TV.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

I could be wrong but I believe the TV gantry had to go in the South Stand due to the shared stand and corporate facilities which in fairness are more important than satisfying the seat counters watching on TV.

Indeed. That is also why they moved the Media over there too.

37 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

I've had conversations on here before about this .

Simple answer.....there is cameras for the cricket in that stand .....it IS possible to do 

If they decide not to they should at least make sure the North stand doesn't ALWAYS look rubbish on TV....and by extension the ground looks rubbish on TV 

In person it's a great stand to be in (especially with family) and particularly as you face the south stand which is always looks amazing so the atmosphere feels great .....not charging £37 might be an idea ...maybe fill that stand first over anything 

The one and only time the new Headingly has looked good on TV was for the Rob burrow game....I suspect that is THE only sell out at the new Headingly 

Edited by Bedfordshire Bronco

43 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

I've had conversations on here before about this .

Simple answer.....there is cameras for the cricket in that stand .....it IS possible to do 

If they decide not to they should at least make sure the North stand doesn't ALWAYS look rubbish on TV....and by extension the ground looks rubbish on TV 

In person it's a great stand to be in (especially with family) and particularly as you face the south stand which is always looks amazing so the atmosphere feels great .....not charging £37 might be an idea ...maybe fill that stand first over anything 

The one and only time the new Headingly has looked good on TV was for the Rob burrow game....I suspect that is THE only sell out at the new Headingly 

I don’t think the answer is as simple as you want it to be.

The south stand will always be the first stand to fill, and there is the issue created where old North Standers moved into the new seats in the southstand.

The opening game of the 2020 season sold out but it was a double header.

I wish the NS was sold out every game but the compromise to put the TV gantry their obviously wasn’t worth losing the corporate money.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

I wish the NS was sold out every game but the compromise to put the TV gantry their obviously wasn’t worth losing the corporate money.

Maybe not but how will it cost the game (and Rhinos eventually)? 

When TV executives watch the best supported, most glamorous and most broadcasted team/stadium what do they see? 

What do they remember when they are thinking about the dozens of millions of pounds a year they will pay? How will this affect what they offer?

How might thier perspective be different if they're used to seeing a packed and bouncing South stand on those numerous Friday night  Headingly TV games ?

How much more would they offer as a result? 

How many more fans/corporates watching  on TV would watch Headingly and think I really want to buy a ticket and be there ? 

Putting some cameras in the North stand would cost what? A few corporate seats?  (And before MJM comes on and says it's physically impossible then save it - tricky maybe but I refuse to believe it's impossible - it already has cricket cameras on the other side)

Hopefully IMG realise the importance of TV, TV perception and TV money .....then hopefully how our game looks on TV matters 

I've said it before..,. a large amount of the WC games have really damaged the games perception with casual fans due to empty stands 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Maybe not but how will it cost the game (and Rhinos eventually)? 

When TV executives watch the best supported, most glamorous and most broadcasted team/stadium what do they see? 

What do they remember when they are thinking about the dozens of millions of pounds a year they will pay? How will this affect what they offer?

How might thier perspective be different if they're used to seeing a packed and bouncing South stand on those numerous Friday night  Headingly TV games ?

How much more would they offer as a result? 

How many more fans/corporates watching  on TV would watch Headingly and think I really want to buy a ticket and be there ? 

Putting some cameras in the North stand would cost what? A few corporate seats?  (And before MJM comes on and says it's physically impossible then save it - tricky maybe but I refuse to believe it's impossible - it already has cricket cameras on the other side)

Hopefully IMG realise the importance of TV, TV perception and TV money .....then hopefully how our game looks on TV matters 

I've said it before..,. a large amount of the WC games have really damaged the games perception with casual fans due to empty stands 

So essentially short sightedness by our ' premier ' club and it's administrators ? 

1 hour ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

Concrete terracing going in on the north stand.

spacer.png

Being so close to that roof should create some considerable noise , and I understand the better quality terracing might allow a bigger capacity , but overall it looks smaller than before 

Away fans on the flat terracing or under the carport 🙁

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting quote from Carter in this, and for all those expecting the ground redevelopment to make/save the club money.

"So we’ve got to get the pitch hired out and everything else working. We’ve got to try and get at least £500,000 of new income coming in."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/20934602/super-league-wakefield-stadium-football/amp/

4 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Interesting quote from Carter in this, and for all those expecting the ground redevelopment to make/save the club money.

"So we’ve got to get the pitch hired out and everything else working. We’ve got to try and get at least £500,000 of new income coming in."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/20934602/super-league-wakefield-stadium-football/amp/

Maybe Coventry City could move in, they need a ground.