Wakefield Trinity plans submision

3 hours ago, Spidey said:

That’s 15m short of measuring dead ball to dead ball. Depending on how it lines up to the pitch there may be some obstructed views

Jeez anyone would think they’d done this without planning it first!

28 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Yes.....hopefully the home fans will move away from that end....much better watching the game from the side anyway 

Some of us have enjoyed being back on the western terrace for the recent friendlies.  My position of choice until that side was allocated to the away fans.

• Like 1

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

8 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

You'll have your shiney new stand to sit in soon!

Stand up guy me.  Legs too long for these namby pamby seated areas.

• Haha 1

Wakefield Trinity RLFC

59 minutes ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Is the camera angle staying on the same side of the ground? I do hope so, so we can actually see this new stand on TV. So many football clubs seem to build new stands then put the television gantry in that stand too....meaning on TV you never see the stand that was built! Blows my mind every time it happens.

There wasn't a TV position in the plans, so sure it stays where it is

• Thanks 1

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

2 hours ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

There wasn't a TV position in the plans, so sure it stays where it is

The friendly on YouTube shows the new stand.....it'll look good on telly 

Excited for Wakey and looking forward to going there...it's actually the quickest SL ground for me to get to .....have done it in less than 2.5 hours 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Spidey said:

That’s 15m short of measuring dead ball to dead ball. Depending on how it lines up to the pitch there may be some obstructed views

It's not a massive stand I can't see it being an issue. The stand is somewhat open at the sides they'll have worked out the viewing angles. 

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

26 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

I think you Wakey fans need to embrace it ..every time I've been I've always thought what an awful view of the game most of your fans have from that North terrace 

The newly installed terracing under the North Stand is a lot steeper, improving the viewing angle.  

• Like 2

Wakefield Trinity RLFC

3 hours ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

Frustratingly not, I understand the Principle Contractor is arranging for some drone footage though.

There is a webcam looking at the new stand build - it's on the Benidorm Flats stand.

As it's not a live feed, I imagine it will be released as a demolition to completion time lapse.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, DI Keith Fowler said:

It's not a massive stand I can't see it being an issue. The stand is somewhat open at the sides they'll have worked out the viewing angles. 

It's actually only marginally smaller, in terms of seating, than the Headingley North stand.

I counted Headingley as having about 2 rows more than the new Wakey one on Boxing Day. May run an extra 6 metres overall too.

Obviously the difference is the massive corporate asset that the Headingley stand has.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dboy said:

It's actually only marginally smaller, in terms of seating, than the Headingley North stand.

I counted Headingley as having about 2 rows more than the new Wakey one on Boxing Day. May run an extra 6 metres overall too.

Obviously the difference is the massive corporate asset that the Headingley stand has.

I mean, not to say that the stand at Leeds is massive either but that is 3,800 whereas Wakefield is 2,500 so there is something of a difference. 

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

17 minutes ago, DI Keith Fowler said:

I mean, not to say that the stand at Leeds is massive either but that is 3,800 whereas Wakefield is 2,500 so there is something of a difference. 

I'm not upset by those figures - unless Leeds have put smaller seats in width-wise.

If there's 2 more rows at Leeds, with 1 seat every 500mm (I have no idea the true width of a seat), that would be circa 400 seats + whatever extra length they have - say 10 metres = another (20x28) = 480...so there's a 1000 seats accounted for there.

The seating areas are similar in scale.

Edited by dboy

10 minutes ago, dboy said:

I'm not upset by those figures - unless Leeds have put smaller seats in width-wise.

If there's 2 more rows at Leeds, with 1 seat every 500mm (I have no idea the true width of a seat), that would be circa 400 seats + whatever extra length they have - say 10 metres = another (20x28) = 480...so there's a 1000 seats accounted for there.

The seating areas are similar in scale.

I don't think area is the currency for seating, I think it's just seats. 

2 minutes ago, DI Keith Fowler said:

I don't think area is the currency for seating, I think it's just seats. 

x number of seats fit in any given area, with considerations for elevation and seat width.

If it makes you feel better, "Wakey and Leeds have a similar number of seats, for the area utilised".

I'm really not sure what point you are otherwise arguing.

2 minutes ago, dboy said:

x number of seats fit in any given area, with considerations for elevation and seat width.

If it makes you feel better, "Wakey and Leeds have a similar number of seats, for the area utilised".

I'm really not sure what point you are otherwise arguing.

"It's actually only marginally smaller, in terms of seating, than the Headingly North stand".

It's 1,300 more, it's not marginal it's another 50% of the capacity of Wakefields stand. It's just a weird thing to try and pass off as true. 

1 hour ago, DI Keith Fowler said:

"It's actually only marginally smaller, in terms of seating, than the Headingly North stand".

It's 1,300 more, it's not marginal it's another 50% of the capacity of Wakefields stand. It's just a weird thing to try and pass off as true. 

Two rows and possibly 8 or 10 columns is not a significant difference.

I haven't seen an official seat capacity for Leeds, but that difference alone could account for circa 1000 seats.

The corporate overhang at Leeds is huge, so the stands won't look the same in overall scale.

6 minutes ago, dboy said:

Two rows and possibly 8 or 10 columns is not a significant difference.

I haven't seen an official seat capacity for Leeds, but that difference alone could account for circa 1000 seats.

The corporate overhang at Leeds is huge, so the stands won't look the same in overall scale.

It's 1,300 seats, are you for real? It's like you're arguing that £30 is only marginally more than £20 if you ignore the £10 difference. 

It's such a weird point to be hypersensitive on.