A small act of kindness. (any others)

Well done to Iceland in Wigan, Fred, who does a lot of shopping for my mother and a lot of other people unable to get out in this awful time, has been handed a hamper put together by the staff to recognise all the work he has been doing for the community.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

44 minutes ago, Padge said:

Well done to Iceland in Wigan, Fred, who does a lot of shopping for my mother and a lot of other people unable to get out in this awful time, has been handed a hamper put together by the staff to recognise all the work he has been doing for the community.

i dread to think of the contents of a hamper from iceland - gaviscon included? but well done fred

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

I got a nice surprise when I went to get fuel on Christmas Eve, went into to the gas station shop to pay and was told it was being taken care of by a local church! It’s the first time I have ever been the recipient of a random act of kindness, it won’t make me more sympathetic to the church (it’s one of the odd ones), but it will get me to pay the kindness forward to someone.

20 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

i dread to think of the contents of a hamper from iceland - gaviscon included? but well done fred

Aye, Iceland!  

Iceland has scored a double at The Grocer’s 2018 Own Label Awards – taking home both top product prizes despite fierce competition. 

13 hours ago, Oldbear said:

I got a nice surprise when I went to get fuel on Christmas Eve, went into to the gas station shop to pay and was told it was being taken care of by a local church! It’s the first time I have ever been the recipient of a random act of kindness, it won’t make me more sympathetic to the church (it’s one of the odd ones), but it will get me to pay the kindness forward to someone.

Odd? Canada? That must be really normal then! Moose Worshipers of BC? Third Elk Christ Church?

Archived