Players you forgot played for your club

Mr Plow

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Difficult thread to contribute to this one.  As soon as you remember a player that you forgot played for your club then you can't add them as you have remembered them.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

4 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

How can you write about "Player's you forgot who played for your club" if you have forgotten them?

Just saying!

I forgot about Ian kirke then Leeds posted tweet about his birthday today making me remember he played for us

5 minutes ago, Damien said:

Sean Long

I know he is a born and bread wiganer and was a prodigious talent that was talked about for years, until he shown the door anyhow, but I never really think of him as a Wigan player.

I always remember watching him in the academy side for Wigan on sky sports along with Paul Anderson for Leeds.

23 minutes ago, Cumbrian Mackem said:

I think you’re right. Either a challenge cup game or regal trophy game on Grandstand(great days 👍).

I am not going to look it up but think he played centre (?) when Saints played Wigan in the Challenge Cup - IIRC Bobby Goulding was sent off early for a high shot.

New Zealand Rugby Union international Mark Brooke-Cowden. Only played reserves for us though.

Got a whole list of players who signed for us but never played a game though. Tea Ropati, Vlad(if you know you know) Davis, Andrew Dixon, Mickey Higham, and one of the Macdougall brothers from the NRL.

48 minutes ago, Scubby said:

I am not going to look it up but think he played centre (?) when Saints played Wigan in the Challenge Cup - IIRC Bobby Goulding was sent off early for a high shot.

I think he played on the wing - it was also the match when Wigan had some players (Paul, Tuigamala, Robinson) returning from an off-season stint in RU and trying to get back up to speed.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

18 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

I think he played on the wing - it was also the match when Wigan had some players (Paul, Tuigamala, Robinson) returning from an off-season stint in RU and trying to get back up to speed.

They were terrible and so out of shape after a couple of months in Union.

Archived