Seriously fed up now

Robin Evans

23 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

I WANT SOME RUGBY TO WATCH FFS!!

Calm thissen Robin. Do what I do. I go down to watch the local lads playing touch and pass and throw mince pies at them. Stay safe owd lad.

Hi Robin. The past is done. Lets do what we can to enhance the future. If there is some lockdown come Feb  then I reckon we need full publicity for Fev TV. All details. Also give us the price for a new season ticket so we can get our cash flow in order. I agree with your sentiments about seeing RL. If I cant do anything about an issue I just through everything into a dustbin I keep in my head and then go forward. Happy New Year Colin 

Aaron Bower reporting that all RL below SL has been shut down until at least Jan 15th because of lockdown. Some very unhappy clubs as they believed they were covered by the "elite" exemption but were told today they're not.

Makes a late Feb start for the Championship even more doubtful you'd think, can't see this being lifted any time soon.

11 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Aaron Bower reporting that all RL below SL has been shut down until at least Jan 15th because of lockdown. Some very unhappy clubs as they believed they were covered by the "elite" exemption but were told today they're not.

Makes a late Feb start for the Championship even more doubtful you'd think, can't see this being lifted any time soon.

although Matthew Shaw has a different take on it
"Really important to note - Championship/League 1 does class as elite level sport. The decision to suspend training is purely on the advice of the RFL and their clinical advisory group. The season, as it stands, can still start as scheduled on February 27/28th."

50 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Ive a funny feeling this is to do with certain grants that the RFL claimed similar to football. Im not 100% sure on this though although I had discussions with a coach of a semi pro football team and he mentioned his club and league had to decide on claiming elite sport status which allowed them to play but restricted them from claiming certain grants.

1 hour ago, Cardypaul said:

The RFL is not interested in anything below SL I don’t think there is a chance of starting the championship in February and I expect the challenge cup will be a SL competition again this season 

I think you're correct.  😑

4 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

I’m hearing that it could be late April at the earliest,if so it’s going to be a short season.

9 hours ago, plug said:

Could be another reason to scrap P&R this season 

That scenario is pretty well guaranteed.

Players won't get back into training before March, I reckon. This means that they won't be in condition for full contact games before mid-April at best so a full, meaningful season is highly unlikely. A perfect excuse for SL to pull up the ladder at the season's end. Let us hope that no clubs have invested too heavily in their squads in the hope of the finding the golden fleece.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

14 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Players won't get back into training before March, I reckon. This means that they won't be in condition for full contact games before mid-April at best so a full, meaningful season is highly unlikely. A perfect excuse for SL to pull up the ladder at the season's end. Let us hope that no clubs have invested too heavily in their squads in the hope of the finding the golden fleece.

Ya monkey you beat me too it lol

14 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Every club in the championship should show ambition. That's how you to try to grow fan base. Ideally of course within your financial constraints. Otherwise they should be cast to oblivion. Standing still shouldn't be an option. Go out and shout about the positives about the Dewsbury Rams instead of worrying about which club might fall on its sword😯

Archived