And now the news where you are.

On 01/03/2021 at 16:32, Bleep1673 said:

Boro Da, Happy St. David's Day to all our Welsh followers.

Nobody cares, sorry wrong thread. 🙂

Edited by Padge

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

• 3 weeks later...
On 28/12/2020 at 09:05, Old Frightful said:

Sorry to take this off at an angle but I'd be very careful with the veracity of the Dull Daily Wail and it's reporting, if that's where you heard about the two lads. That particular story may be accurate but plenty of others are either poorly researched or clearly not researched at all.

Another example...

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news/hull-east-yorkshire-news/sinister-truth-city-centre-homeless-5210348

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

• 2 weeks later...
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

2 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

I like how under the headline they've added the incredibly vital info of, 'she bought a pizza kebab instead'. 😂

The Daily Fail were going fish and chips mad on Good Friday, they had stories ranking the best chippies in hull, one where they actually sampled some of these delicacies and a story about '196' cars queueing at the Papa's drive-thru and how people were getting a bit edgy. What gets me with that last one is, did the Daily Fail journalist actually walk down the line counting the cars? Have they got nothing better to report on? I'm sure someone has lost a dog recently! 

Edited by The Hallucinating Goose

Meanwhile, in Louth, Part of Eastgate has been closed to traffic and pedestrians this afternoon (Thursday) due to the “risk of masonry falling from the building”, according to Lincolnshire County Council.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I read this in the local paper . Do bikes really cost so much 

Police are investigating after a bike worth £2,5000 was stolen from a pick-up truck.

A white S150 mountain bike, bright blue with an orange trim was taken from a Nissan Navara pick-up, outside a house at Great Clifton.

16 minutes ago, DavidM said:

I read this in the local paper . Do bikes really cost so much 

Police are investigating after a bike worth £2,5000 was stolen from a pick-up truck.

A white S150 mountain bike, bright blue with an orange trim was taken from a Nissan Navara pick-up, outside a house at Great Clifton.

I just checked. (It's actually a Whyte brand, not a white bike) They are currently GBP2700 in Sydney. A carbon fibre Swiss racing bike can go over GBP4K

• Like 1

Few days ago

image.png.790d7a28b4fa43617c761fc969127a95.png

3 or 4 different fire services managed to send about 8 fire engines. No one was hurt and even the missing cat was found some time later.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Police raided a cannabis farm in an industrial unit in Wigan, the growers  escaped during the raid. The police did however find clothing bedding and a large amount of food and water on the premises. In a statement Wigan police said if anyone would like their belongings back just call in at the police station and ask to speak to an officer.

• Haha 1

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Offender was going to be sentenced to a community service order but Corrections Dept can't find anyone prepared to work with him.

This case got a lot of press at the time and I can understand why nobody wants to get anywhere near him.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-04-27/richard-pusey-corrections-victoria-report-disturbs-judge/100098060

Edited by Farmduck