And now the news where you are.

On 27/01/2022 at 10:27, Robin Evans said:

John Healy in the top ten spending MP reported in todays Rovrum aunty Lizer.

Sarah Champion, the "champion of CSE", has history of assaulting her partner.

The now retired Kevin Baron, was the laziest b'stard in Parliament.....

A Borough that just keeps giving.

Our MP claimed 250k in expenses … including a pound for a newspaper

• 2 weeks later...

Well..... Rovrum just keeps on giving....

A shop run by a local LGBT charity  have permits to load/unload at their shop in the town centre until 10.00hrs.

A female parking warden has wrongly issued 14 tickets on vehicles belonging to people from and/or supporting that community and is reported to have said.... "your lot are not welcome around here".

Council have cancelled all tickets.

Lord Ahmed gets five years for raping a boy and attempted rape of a girl. Lovely.

Rovrum eh? Sheeeitehole

Edited by Robin Evans

18 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Well..... Rovrum just keeps on giving....

A shop run by a local LGBT charity  have permits to load/unload at their shop in the town centre until 10.00hrs.

A female parking warden has wrongly issued 14 tickets on vehicles belonging to people from and/or supporting that community and is reported to have said.... "your lot are not welcome around here".

Council have cancelled all tickets.

Lord Ahmed gets five years for raping a boy and attempted rape of a girl. Lovely.

Rovrum eh? Sheeeitehole

I don't remember if I mentioned this or not, but I will again if I did.

Last september Mrs Shadow and I took a break in the Scottish Borders, on the way back I had to stop in Rotherham to do some acceptance testing on a unit bound for Nigeria.

I knew it would take a few hours so I asked my contact at the manufacturer for some things to do in Rotherham.

Everysingle thing she suggested involved not being in Rotherham.

I was quite impressed at the lack of highlights  😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Shadow said:

Last september Mrs Shadow and I took a break in the Scottish Borders, on the way back I had to stop in Rotherham to do some acceptance testing on a unit bound for Nigeria.

I knew it would take a few hours so I asked my contact at the manufacturer for some things to do in Rotherham.

Your contact was astute in their recommendations.

• Like 1

Spoiled, bratty truckers trying to take over the country...with help from Trumpites south of the border they are actually making substantial progress in attempting to ruin the economy.  Typical Canadian police response; kill them with love.

Prescott Street rail bridge has had yet another large van stuck under it, that's around 6 in 12 months.

Despite huge yellow lettering painted on the parapet of the railway structure straddling Prescott Street, the driver of a white van thought their vehicle might just fit under the brickwork only to discover too late that it did not.

The incident led to traffic chaos in the rush hour with some motorists trying to turn their vehicles round to escape the queue and take alternative routes.

With roadworks already on Wallgate, the incident only added to existing town center congestion.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

On 10/02/2022 at 11:49, Shadow said:

For reasons that escape me and are lost in time, I wanted to send a postcard from St Helens.

Back then, this was a challenge and I could not find a picture postcard of St Helens until I finally found some for sale at the library. I commented to the librarian that the landscape pictured looked very pretty.

She said, "Yes, but it's in Runcorn"-

That was pretty damning.

It is actually a bit better than that.

• Haha 1

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

I always get the begging paragraph at the end of Guardian articles and I saw something in today's paragraph that should be very worrying for them.

… congratulations on being one of our top readers globally in 2021. Did you know you’ve read 63 articles in the last year? Thank you for choosing the Guardian on so many occasions.

Wow! If I'm reading less than 2 articles a week and I'm one of their top readers globally then they have serious problems.

• Like 2

A lot of flooding around Sydney. We've probably had 6"-8" of rain in the last week. This picture is near my place. It's only about 200m from my house but I live on top of a hill. It's also not surprising to see this much water as this  stretch of road is always the first to go under. In the last 10 years they've built a new road and bridge 100m away so this flooding isn't important. Only a few people live there because it's zoned non-residential so people live in caravans on bush blocks.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-03-03/sydney-rain-to-continue-hundreds-evacuated/100877162

2fd3bcea6ccf7b962a728a368e46f275?impolic

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Farmduck said:

A lot of flooding around Sydney. We've probably had 6"-8" of rain in the last week. This picture is near my place. It's only about 200m from my house but I live on top of a hill. It's also not surprising to see this much water as this  stretch of road is always the first to go under. In the last 10 years they've built a new road and bridge 100m away so this flooding isn't important. Only a few people live there because it's zoned non-residential so people live in caravans on bush blocks.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-03-03/sydney-rain-to-continue-hundreds-evacuated/100877162

2fd3bcea6ccf7b962a728a368e46f275?impolic

Which one is Sydney, why no name check on the other guys?

• Haha 2

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

13 hours ago, JohnM said:

They've mover the temporary traffic lights on the A52 near us.

They keep doing that at aldi near us where they are doing some gas works so you never know which bit of pavement they've dug up and blocked before you get there. They blocked the crossing outside aldi completely the other day so you have to walk right down to the chuffing roundabout to get across. 

This is a good illustration of how absurd the rain is in Sydney. Cars drowned on the Roseville Bridge.

55078359-10588429-image-a-36_16467111690

And this is how high the Roseville Bridge is:

ROSEVILLE-BRIDGE-1-1024x1024.jpg

It's 17m above the water level and the rain is so heavy that it can't drain off.

Last night, I managed to get a new bird upstairs.

A proper bird. A starling knocked the ornaments off the windowsill on my landing.

Today, the little sods are trying to make a nest in my loft.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

P&O Ferries sacks 800 workers but crew refuse to leave ships

"We've still not received any detail further on what they will offer. We can see from the ship two vans, one with agency staff and the other with what we believe are security staff to remove us... and that's why the captain here lifted the gangway".

#HullandProud

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

• 3 weeks later...

Irish barista ends up in hospital after holding in farts around boyfriend for two years

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/irish-barista-ends-up-hospital-26636096

Edited by Futtocks
  • Haha 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson