And now the news where you are.

On 27/08/2022 at 22:24, JohnM said:

Fantastic! I can just see the police trying to catch them now with the footage a bit sped up and a nice bit of Benny Hill music over the top of it. The fact it says stock image on the article made me laugh, as if anyone was looking at that picture of ostriches and thinking it was a genuine pictures of the escapees! 😂

Edited by The Hallucinating Goose

8 hours ago, JohnM said:

Is it the same place that keeps losing them or is there just a massive glut of ostriches in Lincolnshire for some reason? Losing your ostriches once is bad but continuously losing them? They're basically massive balls with a face on them, they can't be that hard to keep an eye on! 

Its just making me think of the swan in Hot Fuzz now, when they finally capture it and its head is just sticking up between them in the police car while they're in a chase. 😂

45 minutes ago, JohnM said:

In all fairness I have a black cat that is the size of a sodding puma but that's more to do with how fat he is than his muscular build. 

Nah, that one in the article is just a fat domestic cat close up rather than a large wild cat far away. 

• 2 weeks later...

Chess world rocked by rumours of anal beads and artificial intelligence: https://metro.co.uk/2022/09/14/the-internet-thinks-a-chess-grandmaster-cheated-using-anal-beads-17370756/

• Haha 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Futtocks said:

An the daft bloody woman took a selfie and posted it as well - CLICK HERE for article (and photo).

Edited by Exiled Townie

Jam Eater  1.(noun. jam eeter) A Resident of Whitehaven or Workington. Offensive.  It is now a term of abuse that both towns of West Cumbria use for each other especially at Workington/Whitehaven rugby league derby matches.

St Albans Centurions Website 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Today I learned that the English English keyboard exists. No, that's not a typo. Before today I had always used an American English keyboard, not knowing about the English English version.

It was only through installing a Windows partition on my machine that I encountered the setup option of Choose Keyboard. Since I had always chosen English English - as opposed to American English for things like spell check - I assumed I had been using English English keys all along.

The only difference I've found thus far is that " and @ are swapped. Having @ right next to the Shift key does seem very convenient but it sacrifices the obvious  move of having ' and " on the same key.