Elijah Taylor

DG70

Salford have scored an incredible coup in signing the prophet  Elijah Taylor on a two year deal. 

Elijah Taylor is a New Zealand international lock forward who had previously played for Wests Tigers. He was not renewed for 2021, perhaps because his attention in 2020 had been too focused on a court case in which he had sued his former manager for stealing AU$400,000 of funds owed to Elijah. The judge ruled in Elijah’s favor. However Elijah may not receive a cent from the court judgment because his former manager has declared bankruptcy.

This new contract with Salford will hopefully allow this talented player to get back on his feet financially. Salford will certainly benefit from his presence in the pack.

Solid player . You’d say his best years are behind him and he’s had more than his fair share of wear and tear in recent years , but he’s an experienced player who’ll do the job for Salford . Strong defensively , probably a Yates type replacement 

Needed a leader having lost Flash.

Dudson was more erratic last season, probably because he knew he was leaving. Nowhere near the performances the year before.

Every year someone will tip us to finish bottom, Sir KEV YOU ARE AHEAD OF THE PACK.

As a Wests fan I've said this before on the Aus RL section several times. Taylor was our best player a couple of years ago but he needs to be banned from RL for his own good. I lost count of the number of concussions he's had over the last 2 years in particular. It's just wrong to let him keep playing.

Of course, I'm not a neuroscientist and I may be completely wrong but I would have preferred to see him take a medical retirement but once he was off-contract that wasn't an option.

5 minutes ago, Farmduck said:

As a Wests fan I've said this before on the Aus RL section several times. Taylor was our best player a couple of years ago but he needs to be banned from RL for his own good. I lost count of the number of concussions he's had over the last 2 years in particular. It's just wrong to let him keep playing.

Of course, I'm not a neuroscientist and I may be completely wrong but I would have preferred to see him take a medical retirement but once he was off-contract that wasn't an option.

That's worrying.

2 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Salford have lost some of their best forwards in Luke Yates, Joey Lussick and Gill Dudson. 
They have very little depth in the forwards and will really struggle when they pick up a couple of injuries, they could well finish bottom.

And Mark Flanagan. The Salford pack is the weakest in Super League with the exception of Leigh.

This is a truly shocking story that every rugby league player should read before he signs an agreement with a manager:

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/nrl-star-elijah-taylor-reveals-incredible-betrayal-that-cost-him-400000/news-story/538a1a24571b8bad4fabb6d0798036df?utm_source=nrl_sportsmail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=crm

After reading this I feel like I want to find the manager, Ian Miles, and smash him in the teeth, and in a lot of other places.

2 hours ago, Manfred Mann said:

This is a truly shocking story that every rugby league player should read before he signs an agreement with a manager:

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/nrl-star-elijah-taylor-reveals-incredible-betrayal-that-cost-him-400000/news-story/538a1a24571b8bad4fabb6d0798036df?utm_source=nrl_sportsmail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=crm

After reading this I feel like I want to find the manager, Ian Miles, and smash him in the teeth, and in a lot of other places.

Or just find out where he lives and do a poo in his letter box.

12 hours ago, johnh1 said:

Sir Kev is a card isn’t he?

He's a right good laugh, if ever we can have audiences and crowds again, I think I'll book him at the Apollo.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Archived