Season Ticket Sales.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Leigh are struggling to sell many, but are confident of getting plenty of away fans when Wigan, Saints, Warrington and Leeds visit. That’s our new way of growing the game.

Great to see Leigh adding value already to Superleague. 

Leeds gave an update a couple of weeks before the deadline which said 60% of fans had renewed - given there's usually a late rush up to the deadline it looks like the large majority of fans are staying loyal to the club.

7 hours ago, bigbaldnmad said:

How come another thread has been hijacked from the intended discussion and taken over by the incessant drivel by the 'Expansionist's' amongst us.

For once it would be good to stay on topic and if you want another 'Pie in the sky' thread, create one.

Makes a change to threads on every other subject being hijacked by 2 or 3 people who support a certain club based in (but not called) Wigan.

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

8 hours ago, Oldbear said:

Which Bradford? Not the one of the past 10-12years with their numerous financial issues, think Huddersfield would be a much safer bet. Toulouse I give you, however both York and Newcastle are not yet ready for such sudden elevation, maybe in a couple of years, but not now.

The Bradford that’s based in a city of 500K people and that used to get 15,000 - 20,000 regularly at their Super League games 

24 minutes ago, nadera78 said:

Makes a change to threads on every other subject being hijacked by 2 or 3 people who support a certain club based in (but not called) Wigan.

They have already been brought up. By non-Leigh fans. As usual. 

In fact, your post is the 3rd about them. 

It's a weird obsession. 

York haven't yet reported numbers but in the York Press just before Christmas Jon Flatman confirmed York have "record breaking" season ticket sales. Not sure if that includes the ones rolled over from last year if you didn't donate/get a refund of 2020s ticket however this year they have allowed a 3 instalments plan over Dec, Jan, Feb which I personally think is a fantastic idea. Although Under 16s are free again this season, with a youth concession of 17-25 & usual concession of Over 65. It is fantastic value for money at normal price of £186 extras for premium seats etc. 

25 minutes ago, Dave T said:

They have already been brought up. By non-Leigh fans. As usual. 

In fact, your post is the 3rd about them. 

It's a weird obsession. 

In this thread, perhaps. But they do a pretty good job of inserting themselves into threads that don't concern them.

It's actually made this board pretty repetitive.

11 minutes ago, nadera78 said:

In this thread, perhaps. But they do a pretty good job of inserting themselves into threads that don't concern them.

Yes, it is repetitive, people bringing Leigh up for no reason. 

13 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

As well as the fantastic new stadium and their growing crowd figures it’s a prosperous city well known throughout the UK and around the World. With a population of over 200k and an owner willing to invest they could actually be a club to help Super League grow, rather than another small time club bumbling along matching the bottom clubs. 

We need more clubs with the potential to match Leeds, Wigan, Saints, Warrington, Catalans and Hull off the field. York, Newcastle, Toulouse and Bradford have that potential.

Why not get Canterbury in too, that’s a nice place and is well known throughout the world. We could make SL a league for nice cathedral cities. 

9 hours ago, bigbaldnmad said:

How come another thread has been hijacked from the intended discussion and taken over by the incessant drivel by the 'Expansionist's' amongst us.

For once it would be good to stay on topic and if you want another 'Pie in the sky' thread, create one.

I am going to refer to them as 'Supertramps' from now on, you know the song don't you?

2 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Please explain that remark Nadera?

I think some posters see expansion and heartland as two separate factions similar to brexit when in reality we all love the sport and have views that are not defined whether you want the game to expand or look after the heartlands or both. 

53 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Yes, it is repetitive, people bringing Leigh up for no reason. 

You see it one way, I see it another. That's cool.

1 hour ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

The Bradford that’s based in a city of 500K people and that used to get 15,000 - 20,000 regularly at their Super League games 

So not the present day one based in Dewsbury without a pot to pish in.

On topic post incoming. 

Didn't many clubs start selling their season tickets much later than usual? I think that will affect numbers. As will the financial hardship that many will be feeling right now. As will the uncertainty about the season, plus whether fans will even be allowed in. 

I'd be stunned if the numbers are not down. Hopefully that'll be made up by sales when grounds open, but it won't help cash flow right now, I'd expect the furlough scheme to be helpful right now. 

2 hours ago, nadera78 said:

The OP was a question to RL fans on this board asking who had bought a ticket , how is answering " I've bought mine " hijacking it ?

You'd expect hundreds of Wigan,Leeds,Saints and Wire fans to be flooding the thread with the same answer , maybe a better question from yourself should be " why are only Leigh fans buying STs ? " 

1 hour ago, nadera78 said:

Aren't we allowed opinions on RL ? , This is a RL MB , for discussing RL , surely it's good that fans of Leigh like discussing RL issues , is it our fault other clubs don't have fans who want to discuss RL issues on a RL MB ?

2 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

The OP was a question to RL fans on this board asking who had bought a ticket , how is answering " I've bought mine " hijacking it ?

You'd expect hundreds of Wigan,Leeds,Saints and Wire fans to be flooding the thread with the same answer , maybe a better question from yourself should be " why are only Leigh fans buying STs ? " 

Your reading and comprehension skills are showing again

6 minutes ago, Dave T said:

On topic post incoming. 

Didn't many clubs start selling their season tickets much later than usual? I think that will affect numbers. As will the financial hardship that many will be feeling right now. As will the uncertainty about the season, plus whether fans will even be allowed in. 

I'd be stunned if the numbers are not down. Hopefully that'll be made up by sales when grounds open, but it won't help cash flow right now, I'd expect the furlough scheme to be helpful right now. 

Just a thought will the vaccine announcement and hopefully a faster roll-out encourage people to buy season tickets. I popped to the club shop at Warrington and it is closed over Xmas. 

4000 sales is very impressive from Hull KR.  👏   

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

Archived