Season Ticket Sales.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a set of Salford Red Devil fans we aren’t sure how many season tickets that the club have up to date, what we do know is that as a family group we have ordered our usual number of tickets, nine in total, at what are very reasonable prices for what we receive in return.

All the Red Devil’s fans that I know have all confirmed that they too have ordered their usual tickets in the same seats, all these fans allowed the club to retain all the ticket money for the matches lost  last season.

I myself am awaiting details of the Squadbuilder scheme for 2021 along with many of my fellow supporters to help the club maintain its recent progress.

For anyone who would like to see the details of the prices of season tickets etc all they have to do is visit the club website.

32 minutes ago, WSRD said:

As a set of Salford Red Devil fans we aren’t sure how many season tickets that the club have up to date, what we do know is that as a family group we have ordered our usual number of tickets, nine in total, at what are very reasonable prices for what we receive in return.

All the Red Devil’s fans that I know have all confirmed that they too have ordered their usual tickets in the same seats, all these fans allowed the club to retain all the ticket money for the matches lost  last season.

I myself am awaiting details of the Squadbuilder scheme for 2021 along with many of my fellow supporters to help the club maintain its recent progress.

For anyone who would like to see the details of the prices of season tickets etc all they have to do is visit the club website.

seem to be a lot of positives around Salford Red Devils for sure... the new signing seem interesting... hope you have a good season and no doubts family get togethers at the game add an additional bonus..

5 hours ago, Eddie said:

Why not get Canterbury in too, that’s a nice place and is well known throughout the world. We could make SL a league for nice cathedral cities. 

And the sponsorship just sells itself. Other cheese manufacturers are available.

3 hours ago, Dave T said:

On topic post incoming. 

Didn't many clubs start selling their season tickets much later than usual? I think that will affect numbers. As will the financial hardship that many will be feeling right now. As will the uncertainty about the season, plus whether fans will even be allowed in. 

I'd be stunned if the numbers are not down. Hopefully that'll be made up by sales when grounds open, but it won't help cash flow right now, I'd expect the furlough scheme to be helpful right now. 

Don't know about any others, but Leigh were on sale in early November which is the earliest since going on sale for 2018 in mid-October 2017. No doubt at all that people's mindset has been affected by the potential of actually being able to attend games. Wouldn't surprise me if there was a spike in sales (pun only semi-intended) when the first vaccine was approved and odd football clubs started to be approved for 2,000 crowds, only for that confidence to crash back down to earth in the last couple of weeks (and possibly getting worse depending on this afternoon's announcement).

It would actually be interesting to know if any clubs aren't selling 2021 season tickets yet and/or any caveats attached to behind closed doors games etc.

5 hours ago, Dave T said:

On topic post incoming. 

Didn't many clubs start selling their season tickets much later than usual? I think that will affect numbers. As will the financial hardship that many will be feeling right now. As will the uncertainty about the season, plus whether fans will even be allowed in. 

I'd be stunned if the numbers are not down. Hopefully that'll be made up by sales when grounds open, but it won't help cash flow right now, I'd expect the furlough scheme to be helpful right now. 

York was definitely later than usual. Season ticket sales for 2020 went on sale in July 2019. This year was December. Depending on costs I think the earlier the better as you can sort out season tickets in the summer and get a new shirt for Christmas which is near on 1/4 of a season ticket these days 

1 hour ago, Leyther_Matt said:

It would actually be interesting to know if any clubs aren't selling 2021 season tickets yet and/or any caveats attached to behind closed doors games etc.

On the caveats, at Saints there's mention of refunds being provided for games played behind closed doors within 28 days in batches of up to three games, no mention of further optional donations. Plus there's confirmation of Our League coverage being available again and use of a members ballot if we're at reduced capacity. I'd guess it'll all be similar at other clubs.

Renewal deadline runs to end of Feb so haven't sorted mine yet, more out of laziness than anything else. Anyone not renewing has their seat reserved for next year too which I thought was decent.

Giants sales at present are precisely nil. Not gone on sale yet, possibly waiting till the clubs spending spree has finished, or may be waiting to see what the covid situation is like regarding attendance at games.

9 hours ago, Eddie said:

Why not get Canterbury in too, that’s a nice place and is well known throughout the world. We could make SL a league for nice cathedral cities. 

Great idea, Eddie!  And good news for Shadow, Wiltshire Rhino and me!

"Come on you Salisbury Spires!"

1 hour ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

It did get those figures, but regular! No certainly not 20k, unless regular is once a year.

Can’t see that version of Bradford coming back for many years, if ever. For a start they have no cash, so no method of investing either the team or the facilities, then many of those fans have probably been lost to the sport for ever. You might as well draw comparisons with Wakefield crowds of the 1960s for how relevant those stats are today.

14 minutes ago, Oldbear said:

Can’t see that version of Bradford coming back for many years, if ever. For a start they have no cash, so no method of investing either the team or the facilities, then many of those fans have probably been lost to the sport for ever. You might as well draw comparisons with Wakefield crowds of the 1960s for how relevant those stats are today.

Fans from 10 years ago can be brought back, fans from 60 years ago cannot. 

2 hours ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

I believe Trinity are over the 1000 mark so far, figure last year was 2000+. Not great but also not bad when you look at the conditions they have to put up with.

Feedback from fans during 2020 gave the club an estimated 1000 renewals for the club to use in 2021 budget.  On track to surpass that then?  

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

5 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

How much is a season ticket nowadays £200 + ? If so thats really cheap (Less than £ 20.00 per match) 

Wakefield adult standing is £249 but many (like me) take the option of pre-purchasing an included shirt (+£50) to give the club more money up front in return for a few freebies such as Polo Shirt, badges and discount vouchers for shop.

Giving the club cash up front far outweighs any free games or freebies IMHO.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

8 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Fans from 10 years ago can be brought back, fans from 60 years ago cannot. 

Perhaps we should get the opinion of Bulls fans, after all they are far more qualified to give an opinion on their own club and it’s prospects.

16 hours ago, Wood1 said:

Giants sales at present are precisely nil. Not gone on sale yet, possibly waiting till the clubs spending spree has finished, or may be waiting to see what the covid situation is like regarding attendance at games.

Are Huddersfield doing dirt cheap season tickets again?
It didn’t seem to have an increase in attendances.

As a fan of a Championship club I will not be buying a season ticket.I didn’t last year as I didn’t have the money to do so,and of course events took over.It was as well but had I have done I would not have asked for a refund. I would have let them keep the money.

I will not be buying one for next season as quite honestly I am wondering if there will be a next season given the fact that the Government has once again plunged the country into a devastating, and frankly unnecessary  lockdown once again? And I think this devastating one is going  to be for a good while yet. I think if there is going to be any Championship/Championship 1 rugby league it will not be until April at the earliest. And then of course the same issues will arise,will fans be allowed back in?And if not then just like last time it is simply not viable for these clubs to resume,a scenario I hope we don’t see.

31 minutes ago, Robthegasman said:

and frankly unnecessary  lockdown once again?

I take it you have not had it, or if so suffered from it badly, or had some elderly relative who has been affected by it Rob?

My missus who would not think twice at walking 3 or 4 miles a day 8 weeks after contracting it struggled to do 3 or 400 yards, thankfully she is much improving now. 

Anyway back on thread, have hope that the vaccine's are delivered on time and are successful then we can get back to some normality.

14 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

I take it you have not had it, or if so suffered from it badly, or had some elderly relative who has been affected by it Rob?

My missus who would not think twice at walking 3 or 4 miles a day 8 weeks after contracting it struggled to do 3 or 400 yards, thankfully she is much improving now. 

Anyway back on thread, have hope that the vaccine's are delivered on time and are successful then we can get back to some normality.

I think I have had it early on when there was no testing.I had some of the symptoms,luckily they were mild.

But let me say this even if I was bad and was facing death I would still say the same. I am glad your wife is getting better and I hope she continues to recover  from this and  regain full fitness ,and I genuinely mean that too.

1 minute ago, Robthegasman said:

I think I have had it early on when there was no testing.I had some of the symptoms,luckily they were mild.

But let me say this even if I was bad and was facing death I would still say the same. I am glad your wife is getting better and I hope she continues to recovers from regain full fitness ,and I genuinely mean that too.

Thanks for the sentiment Rob, albeit I think if you did really suffer either personally or some close relative it would change your opinion.

Season Tickets/Memberships.I think crowds will be limited well into the coming season.But the clubs in all divisions will be in dire need of cash.Please if you can afford it buy your clubs membership treat it as an investment into your local community.We can't afford to have any clubs go bust and i am sure by the 2022 season things will be back to normal.

The future is how quick we can get vaccinated, hope they issue a document to say you have been vaccinated and this should be a precondition of entering any pub/club/restaurant/sports ground etc LSV is up to all covid requirements due to MUFC playing there and I believe a covid limit of 3200 was put on the ground with the standing section not used - if standing sections do not meet the covid guidelines then Wakey and Cas would have a problem and Wire/Saints and would have similar capacity to LSV, with HKR being somewhere between the two groups

5 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Season Tickets/Memberships.I think crowds will be limited well into the coming season.But the clubs in all divisions will be in dire need of cash.Please if you can afford it buy your clubs membership treat it as an investment into your local community.We can't afford to have any clubs go bust and i am sure by the 2022 season things will be back to normal.

Spot on Pal, if you can afford it treat it as helping to keep your club alive

6 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

If we are under restrictions on crowd number's, then obviously season ticket holders will be the first in the queue to be admitted before walk up's can purchase match tickets, treat that as an insurance and get your season tickets.

Possibly, though vaccination might come up as relevant too

Archived