Americas Championship should be expanded: poll

Colombia, Brazil, Trinidad & Tobago and Chile are all IRL / APRL members and Argentina is down as having their 'membership pending'.

So their is enough teams there to run an Americas B with just IRL members.

Arguably the event could just be the three South American nations playing off to decide who gets to join the USA, Canada & Jamaica.

PACIFIQUE TREIZE: Join the team by registering as a fan today at pacifique13.com

11 minutes ago, langpark said:

Three teams is perfect when trying to keep costs down and also gives each team one home and one away match. So it gives a level playing field for all. 

You're overlooking the fact that almost all of the countries here in America are very big geographically, so playing a home and away series would involve everyone travelling much greater distances than in Europe.  I can't think of a single American country where the amount of paid vacation is even close to what Europeans get (and in the US they don't even have any legal minimum for that), so the American countries' national teams with their part time players can't manage the travel to play home and away.

1 hour ago, Big Picture said:

You're overlooking the fact that almost all of the countries here in America are very big geographically, so playing a home and away series would involve everyone travelling much greater distances than in Europe.  I can't think of a single American country where the amount of paid vacation is even close to what Europeans get (and in the US they don't even have any legal minimum for that), so the American countries' national teams with their part time players can't manage the travel to play home and away.

Actually, cost and logistics was the first and foremost thing on my mind when I suggested that. Perhaps you think I meant you play each team home and away, I didn't. If we assume it is Brazil, Argentina and Chile, then you would get the following matches:

1) Brazil vs Argentina 

2) Argentina vs Chile 

3) Chile vs Brazil 

That's it. 

15 hours ago, langpark said:

Actually, cost and logistics was the first and foremost thing on my mind when I suggested that. Perhaps you think I meant you play each team home and away, I didn't. If we assume it is Brazil, Argentina and Chile, then you would get the following matches:

1) Brazil vs Argentina 

2) Argentina vs Chile 

3) Chile vs Brazil 

That's it. 

We've got to start somewhere, this seems like a sensible way to make progress. 

The Latin America Championship unfortunately has only been played twice and was never an IRL supported tournament.

Whilst no doubt a very important tool in helping fast tracking Brazil and solidifying Chile,  we need events like that to become part of the IRL structure to access funding and endure progression opportunities.

PACIFIQUE TREIZE: Join the team by registering as a fan today at pacifique13.com

America's Championship should be expanded

No point as we are a sport that's not only Totally failed in expansion but Totally rejected it as well.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Archived