Lockdown

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm thinking out loud but I reckon Odsal Stadium would make a pretty decent drive through vaccination centre. In through the car park entrance, down behind the conference facilities, dozens of stations around the pitch and then back up behind the conference facilities, around the outer terrace and out on to Rooley Lane.

2 hours ago, Rupert Prince said:

Aston Villa v Liverpool off Shrewsbury game off.  There will be a steady stream of others.

My point is that this does not make SL rugby players immune whilst training. We cannot expect pre season to be smooth.

As long as they don't go to any of Kyle Walker's bunga bunga parties they should be fine!

9 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

Seems to me that by delaying training they've opted to take furlough effectively in lieu of gate receipts.

Once again, it isn't quite so simple. Any newly registered players are unlikely to be available for furlough payments and, of course, there won't be any gate receipts before April in any case.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

7 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

That will have to be a collective decision by all clubs guided by the RFL, I was thinking how long would it take to get teams fit and ready to play, would 4 weeks be a reasonable timescale? If so and considering that clubs are taking furlough pay instead of playing and training why not have set dates for a review day say every 2 weeks to decide if they are to begin playing in 4 weeks hence, at least it would be some form of organisation that everyone clubs, players and fans would be aware was taking place.

Hence the RFL "pausing" training for two weeks, Harry.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

6 hours ago, Rupert Prince said:

Aston Villa v Liverpool off Shrewsbury game off.  There will be a steady stream of others.

My point is that this does not make SL rugby players immune whilst training. We cannot expect pre season to be smooth.

No decision on Villa Liverpool until tomorrow. 

Personally I’d halt everything until this vaccine has been rolled out sufficiently among the populace and the numbers with the virus are going down. 

4 minutes ago, DC77 said:

No decision on Villa Liverpool until tomorrow. 

Personally I’d halt everything until this vaccine has been rolled out sufficiently among the populace and the numbers with the virus are going down. 

Villa playing 'youngsters' it seems.   Cannot be right.  

15 hours ago, hindle xiii said:

I'm thinking out loud but I reckon Odsal Stadium would make a pretty decent drive through vaccination centre. In through the car park entrance, down behind the conference facilities, dozens of stations around the pitch and then back up behind the conference facilities, around the outer terrace and out on to Rooley Lane.

More biohazard than vaccine centre.

11 hours ago, Davo5 said:

More biohazard than vaccine centre.

Could be a double bonus though, get vaccinated and at the same time receive immunity from a whole range of things yet to be discovered, just don’t worry about the side effects😀

On 07/01/2021 at 17:21, hindle xiii said:

I hear it’s going to Elland Road.

51 minutes ago, Cardypaul said:

I hear it’s going to Elland Road.

It was on the radio today saying vaccination centres would be at Elland Road stadium, Leeds, John Smith's stadium, Huddersfield, Jacob's Well, Bradford and a medical facility in Wakefield I can't remember the name of.

Archived