Challenge cup

silverfox

15 hours ago, silverfox said:

BBC sport website says Championship and league 1 Rugby as been put on hold due to the new Covid restrictions . Could be spring there looking at to start . 

Championship due to start 27th February with CC and 1895 in March. No amateur teams in the cup this year. That was the plan anyhow but who knows what will happen next.

22 hours ago, Marrafan said:

Championship due to start 27th February with CC and 1895 in March. No amateur teams in the cup this year. That was the plan anyhow but who knows what will happen next.

If things delaying any longer I can see it being SL only in the CC and 1895 cup for everyone else.

maybe best option for this year would be to have challenge cup for superleague only and run a divisional plate competition for championship and league one clubs as there's no guarantee that speccies will be watching live rugby anytime soon, so better to minimise games (and running costs) for 2021.

I really am starting to worry about the long term effect this will have on the game, especially at community level as clubs will lose a high proportion of players for various reasons with many lads entering the twilight of their careers deciding to hang their boots up.

I may have missed it, but is there a plan to help get the game up and running once restrictions are lifted?

50 minutes ago, Town blue white said:

Think we are going with last season's? 

They said they would be putting 2020 season ticket donors on the 2021 home shirt though?

• 1 month later...

Archived