Bronco's best chance.

Just been reading the thread about the Bronco's flitting every other year from one area of the capital  to another and it got me thinking, with land in the capital at a premium and way out of their financial reach , would it be possible for the Bronco's to buy out a struggling semi-pro football team (If there is one) and move in to set down some roots whilst ground sharing ?

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

22 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Well, no, because land is at a premium and way out of their financial reach, as you’ve alluded to above. 

Just thinking it would be a lifeline for the football club as well as giving the Bronco's a home.

3 minutes ago, Marauder said:

Just thinking it would be a lifeline for the football club as well as giving the Bronco's a home.

How many non-league clubs in London actually own their ground anyway? It would, most likely, be the death knell of that non-league club, too. 

28 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

How many non-league clubs in London actually own their ground anyway? It would, most likely, be the death knell of that non-league club, too. 

I don't know, that's why I asked but it could be a glass half full for the football club.

1 hour ago, Marauder said:

Just been reading the thread about the Bronco's flitting every other year from one area of the capital  to another and it got me thinking, with land in the capital at a premium and way out of their financial reach , would it be possible for the Bronco's to buy out a struggling semi-pro football team (If there is one) and move in to set down some roots whilst ground sharing ?

Every other year ??

12 minutes ago, Marauder said:

I don't know, that's why I asked but it could be a glass half full for the football club.

I’m not sure why buying out a football club would help London Broncos in any way at all or why any non-league club would be enthused by Broncos buying their club. 

Having been to a few of the London based lower league/non-league grounds, the two better ones are Orient and Barnet, two venues Broncos have played at before. Beyond that Dagenham is not great at all for stadium reasons, location and travel reasons. Beneath the National League, places like Dulwich Hamlet and Hampton & Richmond (I’ve not been to these, admittedly) do not look up to Super League standard and beneath that, I’d be shocked if any London based teams in the Ryman Premier would be anything better than Ealing, going on comparisons to the Northern Premier League. 

31 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Every other year ??

They have moved around a bit and at times had to play one off games at various grounds, they've actually moved from venues and moved back on six occasions, in total sixteen different venues, not counting Wembley for the challenge cup final.

33 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

I’m not sure why buying out a football club would help London Broncos in any way at all or why any non-league club would be enthused by Broncos buying their club. 

Having been to a few of the London based lower league/non-league grounds, the two better ones are Orient and Barnet, two venues Broncos have played at before. Beyond that Dagenham is not great at all for stadium reasons, location and travel reasons. Beneath the National League, places like Dulwich Hamlet and Hampton & Richmond (I’ve not been to these, admittedly) do not look up to Super League standard and beneath that, I’d be shocked if any London based teams in the Ryman Premier would be anything better than Ealing, going on comparisons to the Northern Premier League. 

There are some quite nice grounds but they are mostly very small and, in several cases, more set up for community use when the club aren't playing rather than expecting (semi) professional rugby or any other sport.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

32 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

1/ They'd have a ground to call home 2/ Be more in control of their own destiny 3/ Set roots down 4/ I'm sure no one would want to sell but if it was a life line to survival being bought out may be the best option for the football club. 5/ Thank you from the list of teams and information.

58 minutes ago, Marauder said:

They have moved around a bit and at times had to play one off games at various grounds, they've actually moved from venues and moved back on six occasions, in total sixteen different venues, not counting Wembley for the challenge cup final.

They have been going over 40 yrs and have been at Trailfinders since 2016 so that isn’t every other year now is it.

2 hours ago, Henson Park Old Firm said:

Can't they build/share a stadium with the skolars at new river... and it can be the home of Rugby League in london... Northern London can be Skolars and Southern London can be Broncos.

How can they be South London if they play in North London?

Just now, Damien said:

How can they be South London if they play in North London?

Ok then West London for broncos  and East London for Skolars

How can they constantly move every 2-3 years... something needs to be done.

I do understand that its in Tottenham....  but seriously it's about the only option for London Broncos to ever have some sort of real ground. And if it can be shared by the Skolars (providing they agree to it) and turn it into a 8,000 stadium it could eventually be considered the spiritual home ground of rugby league in London and it could also be used as the Home training ground for England and Great Britain (Men's, Women's, juniors and Wheelchair rugby)

Finally on that note you could have all amateur finals in London and surrounding areas play there.

I do realise it would need founding and approval from Broncos, Skolars, RFL, council approval and Government founding.

But if Wimbeldon can build a stadium why can't we? 

16 minutes ago, Henson Park Old Firm said:

Ok then West London for broncos  and East London for Skolars

How can they constantly move every 2-3 years... something needs to be done.

I do understand that its in Tottenham....  but seriously it's about the only option for London Broncos to ever have some sort of real ground. And if it can be shared by the Skolars (providing they agree to it) and turn it into a 8,000 stadium it could eventually be considered the spiritual home ground of rugby league in London and it could also be used as the Home training ground for England and Great Britain (Men's, Women's, juniors and Wheelchair rugby)

Finally on that note you could have all amateur finals in London and surrounding areas play there.

I do realise it would need founding and approval from Broncos, Skolars, RFL, council approval and Government founding.

But if Wimbeldon can build a stadium why can't we? 

If a ground is in Tottenham, it can only be in Tottenham and can’t be deemed West London when one team play there and then East London when another team plays there. 

4 hours ago, Davo5 said:

They have been going over 40 yrs and have been at Trailfinders since 2016 so that isn’t every other year now is it.

22 different grounds/moves in 40 years, now if that was a lady we'd be calling her names.

Archived