Ben Barba

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't mean to be mean, but if Ben Barba joins Leigh, he will be the only player of Super League standard in the team. This means that opposing teams need only assign two or three players to mark him and hunt him down when he has the ball, and the defending side will have nothing to fear.

40 minutes ago, Manfred Mann said:

I don't mean to be mean, but if Ben Barba joins Leigh, he will be the only player of Super League standard in the team. This means that opposing teams need only assign two or three players to mark him and hunt him down when he has the ball, and the defending side will have nothing to fear.

Agree completely , we have too many ex Toronto players who were obviously not up to SL standard given their start to the 2020 season 

17 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Agree completely , we have too many ex Toronto players who were obviously not up to SL standard given their start to the 2020 season 

Agree completely. Especially since the former Toronto players now at Leigh do not include the only two former Toronto players of Super League standard: Sonny Bill WIlliams and Ricky Leutele!

Under those circumstances I expect Ben Barba to have an unhappy season at Leigh. God help his poor wife.

1 minute ago, Manfred Mann said:

Agree completely. Especially since the former Toronto players now at Leigh do not include the only two former Toronto players of Super League standard: Sonny Bill WIlliams and Ricky Leutele!

Under those circumstances expect Ben Barba to have an unhappy season at Leigh. So I fear for the fate of his wife.

I felt the same about Greg Birds missus 

3 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

But Greg Inglis will be in an often winning team, not a rarely winning team, so there shouldn't be any real problems in his household.

4 minutes ago, Manfred Mann said:

Under those circumstances I expect Ben Barba to have an unhappy season at Leigh. God help his poor wife.

Funny how a few of those ex TWP players you deem not of Superleague standard signed & played for Superleague clubs last season with one playing in the Grand Final.

1 minute ago, Manfred Mann said:

But Greg Inglis will be in an often winning team, so there shouldn't be any real problems in his household.

Yes but As I put Birds wife must have had a torrid time back in 2017 , I don't recall you posting as such then 

1 minute ago, Davo5 said:

Funny how a few of those ex TWP players you deem not of Superleague standard signed & played for Superleague clubs last season with one playing in the Grand Final.

Yes but those aren't the ones signed by Leigh , so that doesn't suit Manfred's warped sense of humour 

5 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

3 minutes ago, Manfred Mann said:

But Greg Inglis will be in an often winning team, not a rarely winning team, so there shouldn't be any real problems in his household.

They might not be a winning team if the Greg Inglis they thought they signed turns out to be the retired Greg Bird 😂

1 hour ago, Manfred Mann said:

Why, she isn't going to play as well is she?

If against all the odds Leigh manage to avoid the 12th spot next season, there are going to be some very very upset people on this site, so much so they will in all probability "never watch the sport again" should the unthinkable happen!

I am very sceptical that Leigh can avoid relegation I didn't want us to be the chosen club in the first place and for that reason I have never commented on next season, but if we do manage to secure our position, I promise that I will not say a word, or rejoice on these pages, or let all the prophets know the errors of their way, honest😉

As a Widnes fan I am coming round to the idea, indeed a strong hope of Leigh not finishing 12th next season, adding a bit of spice to the competition and shaking up some of the more complacent SL teams and their supporters who may feel a place at the top table and the Sky handout is theirs' by right

23 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

As a Widnes fan I am coming round to the idea, indeed a strong hope of Leigh not finishing 12th next season, adding a bit of spice to the competition and shaking up some of the more complacent SL teams and their supporters who may feel a place at the top table and the Sky handout is theirs' by right

Has I said Wanderer, I am very dubios Leigh can acheive avoiding 12th spot, but in the process if they avoid some thrashings and are competitive that will do me, I am not being pessimistic I just realise the reality and enormity for a squad brought together to compete in the Championship, but and a massive but, we are 4 or 5 player's light in the squad so if we can get Barba and some other 'better' signings who can steer clear of injury who know's.

Whatever, I am looking forward to watching my team this season, I feel very sorry for those clubs below SL who may succumb to the dreaded virus.

4 hours ago, Davo5 said:

Even funnier that 1 of the only 2 players he names as being SL standard was SBW, who was one of the worst performing players in that team last year.

1 hour ago, snoopdog said:

There will be no relegation and licensing is just around the corner.

Not according to Karen Moorhouse - Karen Moorhouse is the RFL’s Chief Regulatory Officer with overall responsibility for all governance and regulatory matters across the whole of the game - she has very recently stated no Licencing.

7 hours ago, Manfred Mann said:

sbw was not super league standard when the 2020 season started 

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

6 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Has I said Wanderer, I am very dubios Leigh can acheive avoiding 12th spot, but in the process if they avoid some thrashings and are competitive that will do me, I am not being pessimistic I just realise the reality and enormity for a squad brought together to compete in the Championship, but and a massive but, we are 4 or 5 player's light in the squad so if we can get Barba and some other 'better' signings who can steer clear of injury who know's.

Whatever, I am looking forward to watching my team this season, I feel very sorry for those clubs below SL who may succumb to the dreaded virus.

Well? Have you got him 'Arry? 

6 hours ago, snoopdog said:

There will be no relegation and licensing is just around the corner.

Probably true.

I dont believe we have enough quality players, but if we had half enough extra ones to make it 14 teams I'd settle for that... with no relegation. Sadly the problem is we will not get enough out of the likely tv money.  The only saviour is if we can get some outside investment to kick start and develop the game and thus make the TV people wake up.

4 hours ago, Rupert Prince said:

Probably true.

I dont believe we have enough quality players, but if we had half enough extra ones to make it 14 teams I'd settle for that... with no relegation. Sadly the problem is we will not get enough out of the likely tv money.  The only saviour is if we can get some outside investment to kick start and develop the game and thus make the TV people wake up.

Realistically what are chances of that Princey?

There is much more chance we will stick with P&R, there is simply not enough variety with just the race for Old Trafford to screen, jeopardy and the Championship finals provide Sky with more content and I firmly believe it is Sky who will be playing the tune and Elstone, Leneghan, McManus will be waltzing along to it.

Archived