Found in the loft

Bill H

dicky doyle were a very strong bloke.used to do some building work for us a lot a years ago.and  mick tate cleaned mi windows and helped coach albion with sammy morton. great times had back then for sure.

What year was that and who won

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

3 hours ago, Bi11 said:

I found this team sheet in the loft.  I don't remember the game but some famous names on display.  I thought that some of the old timers might enjoy seeing it. 

IMG_20210108_0004.jpg

A photo was added from previous games like this at saville town in the Dewsbury and Batley arlfc past & present site on Facebook by our terry swift...

mid seventies  at a guess Celtic were the best side in england amateur wise 

3 hours ago, Keep The Faith said:

A photo was added from previous games like this at saville town in the Dewsbury and Batley arlfc past & present site on Facebook by our terry swift...

mid seventies  at a guess Celtic were the best side in england amateur wise 

Thanks KTF, I've just had a look at said site and the picture has beaten me to it!

Whatever happened to that M Stevenston? I bet he could have been a decent player if he had tried.

This must have been early 70's at the latest.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, Sir Jekyll Stocking said:

3d entrance:

Before 15th February 1971, BSJ.

But you're probably too young to remember pounds, shillings and pence...

If the wingman is Bruce Burton then not much before then though SJS, let's say 1970.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Archived