South Florida Speed

32 minutes ago, Eddie said:

The article doesn’t say where they’re based, South Florida is an enormous area. 

"The Speed grew out of the South Florida Rugby Football Club and were present at an informal event this past September in Tampa."

Not the clearest statement but given (I've just checked) that the University of South Florida is in Tampa, I'd say an assumption can be made that this club will be too.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

37 minutes ago, barnyia said:

I'm sure i read somewhere that it's very close to Miami. 

Oh no!. That's sounds awful.

Who would want to go to Miami when we have Millom?.

Seriously its brilliant news. 

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

11 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

They’ll need attendances of 750,000 to match the meaningless statistic of attendance as a percentage of population Cas and Leigh fans like to quote.

When are you off to the Pattaya 9s ?

1 hour ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Strange that you brought up 9s then. 

With no 13 a side games on right now surely it’s worth giving the Cook Islands Paradise 9s a go. 

Not allowed out , there's a pandemic going round apparently 

4 hours ago, Cumbrian Mackem said:

Regional conference setups seem the best way to go for RL in the USA compared to a national competition.

I agree. It would be good to see another conference added at some point. Are there any other clubs in US that could potentially form another conference or are there any plans to add another?

1 minute ago, JM2010 said:

I agree. It would be good to see another conference added at some point. Are there any other clubs in US that could potentially form another conference or are there any plans to add another?

I heard talk of a Texas and Californian conference in the past. Also a mid-western conference including the Monte Gaddis run Cleveland club?

3 hours ago, Cumbrian Mackem said:

I heard talk of a Texas and Californian conference in the past. Also a mid-western conference including the Monte Gaddis run Cleveland club?

Unsure if you’re on Twitter but the new groups (Cali especially) and the USARL don’t necessarily agree on all things... it won’t be an easy road as much as I’d like it to be. 

23 minutes ago, welshmagpie said:

Unsure if you’re on Twitter but the new groups (Cali especially) and the USARL don’t necessarily agree on all things... it won’t be an easy road as much as I’d like it to be. 

Not on Twitter but this sadly doesn’t surprise me about the difficulties between the 2 groups.

They are going to be relatively close to Copperheads (Lee County) and Tampa Mayhem

It will be great if they can be sustainable in this area and Florida could be a hotbed of Rugby League as you have Lakeland Renegades too. Then you have Central Florida Warriors covering Orlando area and Jacksonville Axemen, further North. 

Archived