Brett Dallas (Merged Threads)

His twitter feed is also pretty surreal if you want to check it out. 

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

43 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

Sounds like he was trying to create his very own covid vaccine.

Really sad that someone could fall so far.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

5 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

What sort of thing? I don't have Twitter anymore and only use Facebook for certain people.

You don't need to 'have' Twitter. Just google 'brett dallas twitter' and you can read them.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

23 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

What sort of thing? I don't have Twitter anymore and only use Facebook for certain people.

Just about everything! He seems to have had all kinds of problems since retiring and obviously needs help. This is just the latest.

1 hour ago, Johnoco said:

Thanks but in the past it's always asked me to log in to view something. Maybe I had a different setting on the browser I used. Ok now though.

If they are anything like FB, they try to make it look compulsory, but you can usually press the Esc button and continue browsing.

always liked brett dallas , fantastic entertaining speedster and character of the sport who had the face of a marvel comics villain - hope he sorts the demons out 

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

42 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

always liked brett dallas , fantastic entertaining speedster and character of the sport who had the face of a marvel comics villain - hope he sorts the demons out 

Looks like he might have 25 years to get his head together

3 hours ago, arcticchris said:

A lot of Aussie RL players have been caught up in drug issues in recent years that aren’t even related to drug taking.

It’s not good and shows player welfare needs to be a bigger part of every clubs strategic thinking.

One look at Brett’s social media confirms he’s heavily into all sorts of drug taking. That coupled with selling it really is a messy situation. 

6 minutes ago, Mumby Magic said:

HAve looked on his social media. Cant find anything out of the ordinary. What I find strange is people on relatively good wages need to turn to crime. I assume he must have been on near 100k a year.

Sorry, beg your pardon what? Nothing from his social media seems out of the ordinary? So thats normal for your everyday twitter feed?

Maybe you should change your name to mumby magic mushrooms.

12 minutes ago, Mumby Magic said:

HAve looked on his social media. Cant find anything out of the ordinary. What I find strange is people on relatively good wages need to turn to crime. I assume he must have been on near 100k a year.

A couple of years ago after a different arrest there was a report that said he was currently sleeping on family and friends couches. Its fair to say he has been on a downward spiral for some time:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6978817/NRL-legend-Brett-Dallas-accused-stealing-month-nicked-board-shorts.html

1 hour ago, Mumby Magic said:

Have a look on twitter february 8th 2018 I think his rants go on and on .. sl@gs everyone off and also has a pop at billy Boston and mike Gregory!!

Archived