BBC Iplayer

For some reason Siddal Vs Toronto from the Challenge Cup is still on there from Feb 2017. With the. BBC having the coverage rights it might be good if they could upload more Challenge Cup or international games in the off season which could easily be used to drive more interest. 

1 hour ago, HarrogateKnights said:

For some reason Siddal Vs Toronto from the Challenge Cup is still on there from Feb 2017. With the. BBC having the coverage rights it might be good if they could upload more Challenge Cup or international games in the off season which could easily be used to drive more interest. 

Cracking game. 

12 hours ago, moorside roughyed said:

Cracking game. 

It's a decent game, have watched it a couple of times in the nearly 4 years it's been on there but like the Watersplash final that they had on there earlier this year. I am sure they could dig out some other cracking games. St Helens vs Halifax semi-Final from 2019 would be the 1st one I would have on there. They could have a vote online and put a new game on Iplayer every 2-4 weeks during the off season or something similar, there has been some cracking games on the BBC, 4 nation games too. 

28 minutes ago, Damien said:

It just shows the wide ranging appeal that Toronto had to major broadcasters when they would rather show a 4 year old game against an amateur team than the hundreds of games they have to choose from involving heartland clubs.

I watched it again yesterday, watched it first time round live but interesting listening back to all the positives and excitement there was back then for Toronto and the amount of UK residents actively tweeting the idea that they will be following them. 

Nothing to do with bbc i player but if you're after watching some older games, there's plenty of full matches being uploaded on 'rugby league cares' on Facebook. Most of these are from the BBC archives and imo are brilliant.

1 minute ago, Jack Russell said:

Nothing to do with bbc i player but if you're after watching some older games, there's plenty of full matches being uploaded on 'rugby league cares' on Facebook. Most of these are from the BBC archives and imo are brilliant.

Yes there are some fantastic games being shown all the time on there.

1 hour ago, Jack Russell said:

Thanks i will check it out, when the BBC have put so much effort into splashing across their live TV with the FA Cup I fancied some live proper sport so was digging to find some

5 hours ago, HarrogateKnights said:

It's a decent game, have watched it a couple of times in the nearly 4 years it's been on there but like the Watersplash final that they had on there earlier this year. I am sure they could dig out some other cracking games. St Helens vs Halifax semi-Final from 2019 would be the 1st one I would have on there. They could have a vote online and put a new game on Iplayer every 2-4 weeks during the off season or something similar, there has been some cracking games on the BBC, 4 nation games too. 

I'm a massive fan of the amateur game so to see Siddal push a professional team so close was fantastic. I can remember screaming like mad for Siddal. 

2 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I'd quite like to see the Millom-Red Star game from 2019 again. I seem to remember the wind was horrendous that day, I remember Red Star kicking off after a try and the ball going back to their own tryline! I do love amateur rugby league! 

Absolutely, that was a good one as well. That wind was horrific. And yes, amateur rugby league is brill. I'm a Saddleworth rangers fan(as well as Oldham). 

10 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

West Hull and Beverley are my amateur teams. 

I love it when the bbc show the odd early round in the challenge Cup with the amateur teams in it. I used to watch freesport on TV with rugbyam when they covered the amateur game. It gave them a but more exposure but that seemed to die a death. Probably a financial reason behind it. Unfortunate. 

1 hour ago, moorside roughyed said:

I love it when the bbc show the odd early round in the challenge Cup with the amateur teams in it. I used to watch freesport on TV with rugbyam when they covered the amateur game. It gave them a but more exposure but that seemed to die a death. Probably a financial reason behind it. Unfortunate. 

That Rugby am coverage was good. It was almost like you were immersed within in the club for a Saturday Afternoon interviewing practically everyone in the club. There were some great games on there too the NCL is at a decent level for an amateur competition and should be admired. Unfortunately we won't get any coverage from the BBC this year but hopefully a club streams one of their games later in the year on YouTube or Facebook or similar would happily watch that. 

13 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

West Hull and Beverley are my amateur teams. 

Leigh East & Leigh Miners for me, I frequent as often as possible it was great at one time albeit it must have been coincidence that there always seemed one was always at home on most weeks, in the last few seasons the home and away fixtures seem to clash most weeks.

9 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Leigh East & Leigh Miners for me, I frequent as often as possible it was great at one time albeit it must have been coincidence that there always seemed one was always at home on most weeks, in the last few seasons the home and away fixtures seem to clash most weeks.

Here you go. Enjoy!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

12 hours ago, HarrogateKnights said:

That Rugby am coverage was good. It was almost like you were immersed within in the club for a Saturday Afternoon interviewing practically everyone in the club. There were some great games on there too the NCL is at a decent level for an amateur competition and should be admired. Unfortunately we won't get any coverage from the BBC this year but hopefully a club streams one of their games later in the year on YouTube or Facebook or similar would happily watch that. 

Loved the rugby am coverage, the presenters where great Jamie Jones Buchanan and the others they managed to rope in. I know some people didn't think much of mick Morgan but I loved his old sayings he used to come out with. At the end of the day they were giving their time for little or money for their love of the game. Good on them. 

Archived