Hull Dockers - Albania partnership

Not sure if anyone here has been a part of a club with a partnership but does anyone know what they ordinarily consist of and how long they typically last? 

I’d also be quite interested to see a list of clubs with links across the planet, though that would be a tough list to compile. 

I can see this working well. If they can get a player or two over each year, for a short-medium term stint training and playing with the Dockers, it will really help them grow as players.

Then, if a senior player or coach is able to go over to Albania and help run coaching sessions, then that is also helpful.

So, in short, it more benefits Albania at this stage. But who knows, if they start unearthing some decent talent, then the Dockers will start benefiting from that. In a way, it is like they have gained a feeder club for their NCL team. 

1 hour ago, langpark said:

Great news. RFL went to the trouble of writing an article about it, but it seems do not want to share it on any if their social media, what a shame. Here is the article: 

https://www.rugby-league.com/article/57552/hull-dockers-link-up-with-albanian-side-kr-tirana

I have seen this story on FB this morning and twitter

2 hours ago, Impartial Observer said:

I have seen this story on FB this morning and twitter

I just checked. You are right. It went out an hour after I wrote that. The article was originally published on their site yesterday afternoon/evening. Oh well better late than never. 

36 minutes ago, Ullman said:

Great story, wonder what the connection is.

I think some of the Hull Dockers players/staff were a part of the GB pioneers team that toured Albania in 2019 and have stayed in contact and gotten involved with Albanian RL ever since.

Basically the intention is to help Tirana as a team gaining some experience from a well established team . The project is simple but specific,  opportunity for the young talented Albanian player to experience a real rugby league ambient, players from Hull Dockers (the players that have the most experience) playing 1-2 matches for tirana olso the training staf of Hull Dockers traveling to Tirana to have training camps. Olso the opportunity to have some "older" tirana players there to assist and train their for the benefit to accumulate experience and share it with the younger players in Tirana is something that will benefit the growth of the team and try to copy theyr successfull management.

I whant to specify that The people making possible this partnership doesn't have any connection with GB Pioneers .

Albania does have a strong connection with Hull this is tru because the Coaching staff of the national team are Hull residents and they are focused to help develop the national team but also the local movment.

Archived