Wolpack Players To Be Paid

Looks like the dough is finally on the way...better late than never!

Toronto Wolfpack players and staff could collect unpaid wages by March, union says

Neil Davidson
The Canadian Press
Published 3 hours ago

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Looks like the dough is finally on the way...better late than never!

Toronto Wolfpack players and staff could collect unpaid wages by March, union says

Neil Davidson
The Canadian Press
Published 3 hours ago

What is this Toronto Wolfpack you speak of??????

5 minutes ago, silverback said:

NAAAAAAA.  its still rubbish,Making an headline outa Argyle the millionair doing the right thing months after he should a done it aint right. If it does happen that is.

He literally couldn't get at the money. That was the problem.

1 minute ago, M j M said:

He literally couldn't get at the money. That was the problem.

He found a nice big chunk for a deposit on SBW that would a paid everyone for 3 months. no big deal i suppose but he talked the talk,then ended up with long pockets and short arms. like i say i hope they all get paid up, nothing worse than been owed a chunk a money.

7 minutes ago, silverback said:

He found a nice big chunk for a deposit on SBW that would a paid everyone for 3 months. no big deal i suppose but he talked the talk,then ended up with long pockets and short arms. like i say i hope they all get paid up, nothing worse than been owed a chunk a money.

Yes I think you need to remember the timeline rather than just chucking stuff in the air.

1 minute ago, M j M said:

Yes I think you need to remember the timeline rather than just chucking stuff in the air.

i remember it very well, been hard for a lot a folks,but i doubt he were wandering about with a 10$ bill in his pocket. Hes a very very nice man,hope that will do.

2 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

Sounds good but will they be paid in money or grooming products? 😛

Nah, he’s just doing what I do when things get desperate, tipping up the sofa and waiting for the loose change to fall out, except he for sure has more sofas than me and they will be much bigger (plus I only lose quarters and dimes down my sofa, bet he loses $100 bills!)

25 minutes ago, Damien said:

Its great that the players are getting paid and well done to Argyle. He could have easily walked away and paid nothing but didn't.

Yup - definitely welcome news. 

A big frustration in all of this for me is the fact that the team couldn't be held together and playing games last year, like other clubs do when they hit financial difficulties. I know it was far more difficult last year as there was no ticket income to help muddle through, but if the wages are now going to be paid then I can't help but feel frustrated that had the team been able to continue and find a buyer while the season was ongoing there wouldn't have needed to be a decision on whether to admit them for 2021. 

There would still have been income from sponsorship, and costs reduced as travel requirements go away. 

I'll never criticise somebody for hitting financial difficulties, certainly not at the current time, but the walking out of the comp was one of the dumbest and most frustrating things I have ever seen, I don't know whether it was an attempt to play hardball that backfired, but there was talk about free loan deals etc. and I think any efforts to get a team out in the TWP shirt should have been taken. 

30 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Yup - definitely welcome news. 

A big frustration in all of this for me is the fact that the team couldn't be held together and playing games last year, like other clubs do when they hit financial difficulties. I know it was far more difficult last year as there was no ticket income to help muddle through, but if the wages are now going to be paid then I can't help but feel frustrated that had the team been able to continue and find a buyer while the season was ongoing there wouldn't have needed to be a decision on whether to admit them for 2021. 

There would still have been income from sponsorship, and costs reduced as travel requirements go away. 

I'll never criticise somebody for hitting financial difficulties, certainly not at the current time, but the walking out of the comp was one of the dumbest and most frustrating things I have ever seen, I don't know whether it was an attempt to play hardball that backfired, but there was talk about free loan deals etc. and I think any efforts to get a team out in the TWP shirt should have been taken. 

wasnt there also an issue with the visas of some of the players that they couldnt stay in the UK for more than x amount of time as they were supposed to be in Canada for 6 months (or something like that).... Want just a case of keeping on playing while argyle could sell assets to pay the players (which this looks like).. It was a huge culmination of lots of different things i think.. bad management yes, bad timing definately. 

Great that he has been able to pay them (if he does) if it was a case of needing to sell assets to be able to free up the money to pay them then this is not that unusual and I am sure if he had said this then people would have been a little more understanding (not a lot, and i understand that) but at least a little bit.

11 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

An offer! That would probably mean 'X' amount of cents on the dollar, I wouldn't expect them to be paid in full, and like Hela said what about the buisnesses that are owed money?

Test...

(for the rest of you, ignore, just trying to sort a settings issue with Harry)

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Archived