Wolpack Players To Be Paid

15 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

I'm afraid the threads suggest otherwise. 

Do *you* remember pages and pages of comment about Salford walking away and not paying debts? 

Salford's situation is nothing like TWP's so there is no direct comparison.

The closest comparison is the Bulls and the TWP situations, and there are lots of similarities to how the clubs were treated by the game and fans.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

God loves dogs, children, poutine and most of all triers.

I wouldn't have expected anything different from you K'man, as we say in Leyth:-

'Keep goin wi yed dern, tha'll be aw reet'

I'm fairly certain you're not a robot 'Arry but I'm starting to wonder if you are also Parksider.

I can't recall (haven't looked back) ever seeing you in here at the same time as Parky.

Come on own up, is he your Mr Hyde?

Is there a shortage of laudanum during this pandemic?

16 minutes ago, fighting irish said:

I'm fairly certain you're not a robot 'Arry but I'm starting to wonder if you are also Parksider.

I can't recall (haven't looked back) ever seeing you in here at the same time as Parky.

Come on own up, is he your Mr Hyde?

Is there a shortage of laudanum during this pandemic?

It's been suggested many times before Irish, my stock answer is "you will have to make your own mind up", I am neither admitting or denying anything.

Laudanum, who cares I prefer absynth.🙂

14 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

I will ask one Q how many directors of a failed company on average pay personally monies owed to Ex employees ?

Philip Green anyone LOL:)

It mentioned litigation in the Mirror article, genuine question, as I have no understanding of how it works but could that have caused him problems in terms of business interests in future?

3 hours ago, The Rocket said:

I`d go far as having him back in the game, we have to make blokes like this feel welcome.  Despite the fiasco TWP devolved into, potentially with a bit of nurturing things may have been very different. It`s not every day someone pi$$es 20 million of their own hard earned up against a wall for Rugby League. Vanity project or not, he did appear to love it.

You know and I never minded the idea of having an ambitious grooming product company as a main sponsor either, I thought it showed a bit of lateral thinking and potential for both parties.

No I think the RFL should be talking to him even just for sake of not burning bridges.

What reason would he have to listen to them though?

4 hours ago, Big Picture said:

What reason would he have to listen to them though?

If Argyle was smart enough to make hundreds of millions of dollars he should be smart enough to admit that he made a real hash of running that club. I think he definitely had the `vision` thing and I go back to that Personal grooming co. as a sponsor, also SBW, inspired stuff, most newsworthy thing to happen to English Rugby League in 20 years, so he definitely had the `bones` of a good plan but he was lousy at running a large  sporting organisation. And Super RFL/SLE has to cop some of the blame for that as well probably, the whole thing could have been handled better, more cooperatively. Toronto could have been a reset moment for English Rugby League.

No BP if I was Elstone or Rimmer ( Is he the top bloke it the RFL) I`d be on the phone to Argyle personally letting bygones be bygones, giving him tickets to WC final, remind him why he loved the game and in the meantime seeing how they can keep him involved.

It goes without saying though he has to pay his bills in full  first or have a bloody good excuse why he hasn`t. Elstone and the other bloke should be savvy enough to know whether he`s telling the truth on this. This would have to be a priority.

3 hours ago, bobbruce said:

Thats the safe word. 

The safe word(s) would have to be something unique and novel for both his wife and himself....also something that is not oft spoken in Leigh Proper.  I'm guessing it is "Run With The Pack!"

7 hours ago, The Rocket said:

he was lousy at running a large  sporting organisation.

Not just that but he was also lousy with his front office recruiting, hiring both Noble and Vickers, who both have previously had issues running Salford (in fact Noble seems to have been around a whole string of financial meltdown scenarios). Now who advised him to hire these two (RFL, Nigel Wood, Perez?) I guess we will never really know, but sadly it just seems that this kind of avoidable disaster happens way too many times with RL, so whoever is advising sure isn’t making a good job of it.

2 hours ago, Oldbear said:

Not just that but he was also lousy with his front office recruiting, hiring both Noble and Vickers, who both have previously had issues running Salford (in fact Noble seems to have been around a whole string of financial meltdown scenarios). Now who advised him to hire these two (RFL, Nigel Wood, Perez?) I guess we will never really know, but sadly it just seems that this kind of avoidable disaster happens way too many times with RL, so whoever is advising sure isn’t making a good job of it.

If those two blokes are as bad as you say it really does make you wonder. Sometimes these things come down to the old boys network and having a bag of excuses why things didn1t work out at the last place. Give him another go "he`s a top bloke" sort of thing it "wasn`t his fault, he was up against it from the start", reasoning. The counter to that is, of course, if they were any good they would of turned it around.

I`m always reminded of the old saying in business: " Everyone rises to the level of their incompetence".

Funny how at one stage there was talk of him buying into the Melbourne Storm, possibly the best run club in Rugby League land, certainly he could of done with a bit of their organiational skills up there. 

With his money and their nous it could have been very interesting. Imagine another Melbourne Storm coming out of Toronto, they`d be winning the comp up there every year,  that`d have the Pommies up in arms. That TWP thread would have been in a frenzy, with Kayakman  dispensing free advice to where the Pommies are going wrong morning, noon and night. I would have loved it.

p.s. hope your sons got back from France o.k...

10 hours ago, Kayakman said:

The safe word(s) would have to be something unique and novel for both his wife and himself....also something that is not oft spoken in Leigh Proper.  I'm guessing it is "Run With The Pack!"

"expansion is key"?

On 13/01/2021 at 07:51, Robin Evans said:

Get the players paid their dues and a line can be drawn under this farce. 

The next expansion project must be managed, governed and supported much better.

You think there will be one? Tbh, I am not sure we should even have expanded all the way along the M62. 

15 hours ago, bobbruce said:

Thats the safe word. 

11 hours ago, Kayakman said:

1 hour ago, RP London said:

"expansion is key"?

It was changed on the 14th December "Super League here we come" 🤪

Has anyone here actually met David Argyle?I did at a Toulouse match as he was on the same table as me for the pre-match function.

Very humble laid back person jeans trainers bought everyone beers at the match (Didn't sit in his VIP seat) preferred to have a beer with the fans outside the  pub overlooking the pitch.

From what I have heard (Although some very questionable decisions at times) it was sheer bad luck that has caused this no-one saw this pandemic coming.

If he is now paying the players fair play to him, no-one seems to want to talk about the countless times clubs have written off debts with new start ups.

Paul

4 hours ago, The Rocket said:

If those two blokes are as bad as you say it really does make you wonder. Sometimes these things come down to the old boys network and having a bag of excuses why things didn1t work out at the last place. Give him another go "he`s a top bloke" sort of thing it "wasn`t his fault, he was up against it from the start", reasoning. The counter to that is, of course, if they were any good they would of turned it around.

I`m always reminded of the old saying in business: " Everyone rises to the level of their incompetence".

Funny how at one stage there was talk of him buying into the Melbourne Storm, possibly the best run club in Rugby League land, certainly he could of done with a bit of their organiational skills up there. 

With his money and their nous it could have been very interesting. Imagine another Melbourne Storm coming out of Toronto, they`d be winning the comp up there every year,  that`d have the Pommies up in arms. That TWP thread would have been in a frenzy, with Kayakman  dispensing free advice to where the Pommies are going wrong morning, noon and night. I would have loved it.

p.s. hope your sons got back from France o.k...

If only they would have listened.....

15 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Has anyone here actually met David Argyle?I did at a Toulouse match as he was on the same table as me for the pre-match function.

Very humble laid back person jeans trainers bought everyone beers at the match (Didn't sit in his VIP seat) preferred to have a beer with the fans outside the  pub overlooking the pitch.

From what I have heard (Although some very questionable decisions at times) it was sheer bad luck that has caused this no-one saw this pandemic coming.

If he is now paying the players fair play to him, no-one seems to want to talk about the countless times clubs have written off debts with new start ups.

Paul

I've met him on numerous occasions and he struck me as a nice fellow....still owes me for two pre sold season tickets that were cancelled though...I'm willing to cut him some slack on this though since he treated so many folks so well as you describe in your post.  The end story line for the Wolfpack has not been written yet....THERE IS HOPE.

2 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

It was changed on the 14th December "Super League here we come" 🤪

surely thats your finishing salvo rather than your safe word :kolobok_ph34r:

2 hours ago, Kayakman said:

I've met him on numerous occasions and he struck me as a nice fellow....still owes me for two pre sold season tickets that were cancelled though...I'm willing to cut him some slack on this though since he treated so many folks so well as you describe in your post.  The end story line for the Wolfpack has not been written yet....THERE IS HOPE.

I hope, you're right

10 hours ago, The Rocket said:

I think you just got your answer, a combination of being thought of as a good bloke and knowing enough people who will back you up often gets you multiple second chances, but you are right, many people end up being promoted way beyond their level of competence and since many people have said that Argyle was fundamentally a nice, down to earth kind of guy then I’m guessing that he would have been swayed by thinking he was hiring good guys who were also competent, maybe even advised to hire them (again by who I wouldn’t like to guess, but I’m guessing not Dr K).

Oh and you might have me mixed up, my boys were in Ontario, they got home on Dec 10. Not sure what’s happening about going back though, eldest is having to as he has in person labs to complete as part of his degree, plus as a team vet the coaches want those guys in to keep the freshmen in check, youngest hasn’t a clue yet, his coaches are just as in the dark as him!

6 hours ago, fighting irish said:

I hope, you're right

Now they have announced a possible fixture!...what a coincidence!....methinks the rumours of the demise of the Wolfpack may have been greatly exaggerated....

Archived