Wolpack Players To Be Paid

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Spidey said:

Well....

ย 

Have to say Iโ€™m kind of sceptical. Lots of barriers to overcome, firstly COVID and international travel, secondly as Toronto is currently under a stay at home order I think a high proportion of the population are going to need to be vaccinated before any relaxation happens regarding fans in stadiums, then even if all this can be surmounted then how do you get the players together, plus would their current clubs even release them with the potential for injury in such a game. Finally who do they play and who pays for it all? I suspect itโ€™s a PR stunt to see if there is actually still demand for RL in Toronto or whether that ship has sailed for good.

5 minutes ago, Oldbear said:

Have to say Iโ€™m kind of sceptical. Lots of barriers to overcome, firstly COVID and international travel, secondly as Toronto is currently under a stay at home order I think a high proportion of the population are going to need to be vaccinated before any relaxation happens regarding fans in stadiums, then even if all this can be surmounted then how do you get the players together, plus would their current clubs even release them with the potential for injury in such a game. Finally who do they play and who pays for it all? I suspect itโ€™s a PR stunt to see if there is actually still demand for RL in Toronto or whether that ship has sailed for good.

States later in the year so they would play it at the end of the L1 or Championship season when we may be getting back to normal travel again andย there will be plenty of unattached players around out of contract fancying a game there. Also says against "relevant opposition" so my guess would beย an Ottawa Aces side.

Sounds like Argyle is keepingย the brand alive in case another opportunity arises, e.g. via licencing or a Private Equity desire for an "exotic" club etc.

12 minutes ago, Oldbear said:

The ship is ready to go but in safe harbor waiting out the Covid storm.

2 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

The ship is ready to go but in safe harbor waiting out the Covid storm.

Really hope so, but you have to pardon my scepticism as I have seen my club disappear before.

13 minutes ago, Oldbear said:

Really hope so, but you have to pardon my scepticism as I have seen my club disappear before.

Big and tall or short and small we take them all.ย  Just remember: The Pack will never die...never!....we are here to stay!

19 minutes ago, Whippet13 said:

States later in the year so they would play it at the end of the L1 or Championship season when we may be getting back to normal travel again andย there will be plenty of unattached players around out of contract fancying a game there. Also says against "relevant opposition" so my guess would beย an Ottawa Aces side.

Sounds like Argyle is keepingย the brand alive in case another opportunity arises, e.g. via licencing or a Private Equity desire for an "exotic" club etc.

You are wise beyond your breed Whippet!

9 hours ago, Oldbear said:

Why wouldn't there still be demand for RL in Toronto given that their last game was a 10000 sell out and interest has been on the way upย  not down

1 hour ago, Hello said:

Why wouldn't there still be demand for RL in Toronto given that their last game was a 10000 sell out and interest has been on the way upย  not down

Which last game was that?ย 

- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

26 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

I'm sure Hello refers to the last game at Lamport....ย ย 

Thanks Robin you are correct ๐Ÿ‘ย  By the way,ย  though I think that losing Twp was a bit of a disaster for the sport as a whole, I too am skeptical as to how this can be brought back on track during covidย 

I doubt it will happen but he seems committed to the cause. What happens with Ottawa interests me, they hold an RFL licence, presumably if they decide to never take the field that can be bought by someone?

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

6 hours ago, Hello said:

Thanks Robin you are correct ๐Ÿ‘ย  By the way,ย  though I think that losing Twp was a bit of a disaster for the sport as a whole, I too am skeptical as to how this can be brought back on track during covidย 

My issue, how you bring things back, and recapture fans, during a pandemic. Letโ€™s face it these are unprecedented times.

1 hour ago, Oldbear said:

My issue, how you bring things back, and recapture fans, during a pandemic. Letโ€™s face it these are unprecedented times.

I can't disagree. Any revival should surely be when sizeable crowds are allowed back in

20 hours ago, Hello said:

I've seen you post this before and I think that you are right but I guess that it was beyond the wit of manย 

Especially RL officials!

Archived