It was changed on the 14th December "Super League here we come" 🤪

surely thats your finishing salvo rather than your safe word :kolobok_ph34r:

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Its great that the players are getting paid and well done to Argyle. He could have easily walked away and paid nothing but didn't.

Yes I think you need to remember the timeline rather than just chucking stuff in the air.

Has anyone here actually met David Argyle?I did at a Toulouse match as he was on the same table as me for the pre-match function. Very humble laid back person jeans trainers bought everyone beers

2 hours ago, Kayakman said:

I've met him on numerous occasions and he struck me as a nice fellow....still owes me for two pre sold season tickets that were cancelled though...I'm willing to cut him some slack on this though since he treated so many folks so well as you describe in your post.  The end story line for the Wolfpack has not been written yet....THERE IS HOPE.

I hope, you're right

• Like 1
10 hours ago, The Rocket said:

If those two blokes are as bad as you say it really does make you wonder. Sometimes these things come down to the old boys network and having a bag of excuses why things didn1t work out at the last place. Give him another go "he`s a top bloke" sort of thing it "wasn`t his fault, he was up against it from the start", reasoning. The counter to that is, of course, if they were any good they would of turned it around.

I`m always reminded of the old saying in business: " Everyone rises to the level of their incompetence".

I think you just got your answer, a combination of being thought of as a good bloke and knowing enough people who will back you up often gets you multiple second chances, but you are right, many people end up being promoted way beyond their level of competence and since many people have said that Argyle was fundamentally a nice, down to earth kind of guy then I’m guessing that he would have been swayed by thinking he was hiring good guys who were also competent, maybe even advised to hire them (again by who I wouldn’t like to guess, but I’m guessing not Dr K).

Oh and you might have me mixed up, my boys were in Ontario, they got home on Dec 10. Not sure what’s happening about going back though, eldest is having to as he has in person labs to complete as part of his degree, plus as a team vet the coaches want those guys in to keep the freshmen in check, youngest hasn’t a clue yet, his coaches are just as in the dark as him!

6 hours ago, fighting irish said:

I hope, you're right

Now they have announced a possible fixture!...what a coincidence!....methinks the rumours of the demise of the Wolfpack may have been greatly exaggerated....

• Like 4
13 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Time for another Toronto thread ? 🤔😂

No matter how you try you can't hold back the future Gubs...you can't stop destiny!

"The Pack Lives!"

2 hours ago, Spidey said:

Well....

Have to say I’m kind of sceptical. Lots of barriers to overcome, firstly COVID and international travel, secondly as Toronto is currently under a stay at home order I think a high proportion of the population are going to need to be vaccinated before any relaxation happens regarding fans in stadiums, then even if all this can be surmounted then how do you get the players together, plus would their current clubs even release them with the potential for injury in such a game. Finally who do they play and who pays for it all? I suspect it’s a PR stunt to see if there is actually still demand for RL in Toronto or whether that ship has sailed for good.

5 minutes ago, Oldbear said:

Have to say I’m kind of sceptical. Lots of barriers to overcome, firstly COVID and international travel, secondly as Toronto is currently under a stay at home order I think a high proportion of the population are going to need to be vaccinated before any relaxation happens regarding fans in stadiums, then even if all this can be surmounted then how do you get the players together, plus would their current clubs even release them with the potential for injury in such a game. Finally who do they play and who pays for it all? I suspect it’s a PR stunt to see if there is actually still demand for RL in Toronto or whether that ship has sailed for good.

States later in the year so they would play it at the end of the L1 or Championship season when we may be getting back to normal travel again and there will be plenty of unattached players around out of contract fancying a game there. Also says against "relevant opposition" so my guess would be an Ottawa Aces side.

Sounds like Argyle is keeping the brand alive in case another opportunity arises, e.g. via licencing or a Private Equity desire for an "exotic" club etc.

• Like 3
12 minutes ago, Oldbear said:

The ship is ready to go but in safe harbor waiting out the Covid storm.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

The ship is ready to go but in safe harbor waiting out the Covid storm.

Really hope so, but you have to pardon my scepticism as I have seen my club disappear before.

13 minutes ago, Oldbear said:

Really hope so, but you have to pardon my scepticism as I have seen my club disappear before.

Big and tall or short and small we take them all.  Just remember: The Pack will never die...never!....we are here to stay!

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Whippet13 said:

States later in the year so they would play it at the end of the L1 or Championship season when we may be getting back to normal travel again and there will be plenty of unattached players around out of contract fancying a game there. Also says against "relevant opposition" so my guess would be an Ottawa Aces side.

Sounds like Argyle is keeping the brand alive in case another opportunity arises, e.g. via licencing or a Private Equity desire for an "exotic" club etc.

You are wise beyond your breed Whippet!

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Oldbear said:

Why wouldn't there still be demand for RL in Toronto given that their last game was a 10000 sell out and interest has been on the way up  not down

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Hello said:

Why wouldn't there still be demand for RL in Toronto given that their last game was a 10000 sell out and interest has been on the way up  not down

Which last game was that? 

- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

26 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

I'm sure Hello refers to the last game at Lamport....  

Thanks Robin you are correct 👍  By the way,  though I think that losing Twp was a bit of a disaster for the sport as a whole, I too am skeptical as to how this can be brought back on track during covid 

Edited by Hello

I doubt it will happen but he seems committed to the cause. What happens with Ottawa interests me, they hold an RFL licence, presumably if they decide to never take the field that can be bought by someone?

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

6 hours ago, Hello said:

Thanks Robin you are correct 👍  By the way,  though I think that losing Twp was a bit of a disaster for the sport as a whole, I too am skeptical as to how this can be brought back on track during covid 

My issue, how you bring things back, and recapture fans, during a pandemic. Let’s face it these are unprecedented times.

1 hour ago, Oldbear said:

My issue, how you bring things back, and recapture fans, during a pandemic. Let’s face it these are unprecedented times.

I can't disagree. Any revival should surely be when sizeable crowds are allowed back in

3 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Should have put them in the freezer till it is all over 

I've seen you post this before and I think that you are right but I guess that it was beyond the wit of man