Toulouse Olympique Update

audois

Not standing still. Signed up with another new major sponsor for 2021 Lacharrette 1807. Chairman Bernard Sarrazain well connected (on the left). Earlier Toulouse Olympique received funding from the Haute-Garonne département along with the cities 7 professional sports clubs viz. Stade toulousain Top 14, US Colomiers Pro 16, Fenix Toulouse handball, Toulouse FC Ligue 2, Toulouse Olympique XIII, Spacer's Toulouse Volley and Toulouse Métropole Basket. Over the last year public funding €1,25 M shared by these clubs.

safe_image.jpg.5c7f2a0354fe19526044c46ddfe4aad4.jpg

EoYM0K5W8AARhM--768x512.jpg.9068ebb4868cb2e53194380ffd062bd7.jpg

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Damien said:

Why have you changed your view?

I used to think people championed them just because they’re French and from a well known place, whereas in reality they’re the third ticket (at best) in town and have small crowds, so I didn’t think they’d add much to SL. However now I can see what a forward thinking and well backed club they are, which is more than can be said for many over here. 

24 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I used to think people championed them just because they’re French and from a well known place, whereas in reality they’re the third ticket (at best) in town and have small crowds, so I didn’t think they’d add much to SL. However now I can see what a forward thinking and well backed club they are, which is more than can be said for many over here. 

They need to start getting crowds and hopefully this will help

54 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

They need to start getting crowds and hopefully this will help

That’s the one thing for me, I don’t buy the idea (that I’ve often read on this forum) that they’ll immediately average 7,000 if they get into SL. I’d  expect it to be closer to 3,000 at the start. 

3 hours ago, Eddie said:

That’s the one thing for me, I don’t buy the idea (that I’ve often read on this forum) that they’ll immediately average 7,000 if they get into SL. I’d  expect it to be closer to 3,000 at the start. 

Based on the massive crowd increase that Catalans was able to achieve after joining Super League, I would think that projections of crowds of 7'000 by Toulouse are not overly optimistic.

1 minute ago, Manfred Mann said:

Based on the massive crowd increase that Catalans was able to achieve after joining Super League, I would think that projections of crowds of 7'000 by Toulouse are not overly optimistic.

That is the only rationale I’ve seen. It’s like saying if Salford got as good as Warrington they’d get 11,000 attendances, just not true. 

52 minutes ago, Manfred Mann said:

52 minutes ago, Manfred Mann said:

SPOT ON MM 7/8000 certainly I think is realistic.

BTW hope you are keeping well havant seen you for years since we had a beer at the London Broncos must have been around 2004/5:)

58 minutes ago, Eddie said:

That is the only rationale I’ve seen. It’s like saying if Salford got as good as Warrington they’d get 11,000 attendances, just not true. 

I think it’s fair to say that Salford are better than Warrington.

Bernard Sarrazain's company appears to be worth some euros

128436754_3562508627140351_557842248475643664_o.jpg.7ef47589008a3830bbb217756fbbe43d.jpg

135459227_3649473111777235_2210145772848768260_n.jpg

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

All this talk of attendance has made me point out that attendance figures alone are not relative to income

It certainly is a kpi but this needs to be broken down to how much a ticket, how many corporate hospitality, boxes etc..

Most football clubs (including club wembley) see the fans worth attracting are the prawn sandwich brigade

Also one good sponsor can offset 1000 fans..

8 hours ago, Eddie said:

Like most clubs, a lot is going to depend how they go, be competitive in games and win a few then the chances of 7K are good, get battered every week and the gates will no doubt suffer, they will need to attract and keep a lot of new fans to get to 7K as there’s not really that much of a current core, you can’t do that if every game is a foregone conclusion before a ball is kicked.

3 hours ago, Oldbear said:

Like most clubs, a lot is going to depend how they go, be competitive in games and win a few then the chances of 7K are good, get battered every week and the gates will no doubt suffer, they will need to attract and keep a lot of new fans to get to 7K as there’s not really that much of a current core, you can’t do that if every game is a foregone conclusion before a ball is kicked.

Why are the chances of getting to 7k good? They get around 1k home fans at the moment. Would you say Oldham or Sheffield Eagles chances of getting 7k were good if they went up and started the season well too? The jump from what they get now to 7k is enormous. 

4 hours ago, yipyee said:

All this talk of attendance has made me point out that attendance figures alone are not relative to income

It certainly is a kpi but this needs to be broken down to how much a ticket, how many corporate hospitality, boxes etc..

Most football clubs (including club wembley) see the fans worth attracting are the prawn sandwich brigade

Also one good sponsor can offset 1000 fans..

Absolutely true, though I like to see fans in the stands more than a decent balance sheet. 

4 hours ago, Eddie said:

Why are the chances of getting to 7k good? They get around 1k home fans at the moment. Would you say Oldham or Sheffield Eagles chances of getting 7k were good if they went up and started the season well too? The jump from what they get now to 7k is enormous. 

They average around 3k , and over 5k twice and over 6k once for big matchs in championship . Since they move To ernest wallon stadium they allready average one more k in the beginning of last season. In SL they will esealy average 6k the first season. 

29 minutes ago, PECETTO said:

They average around 3k , and over 5k twice and over 6k once for big matchs in championship . Since they move To ernest wallon stadium they allready average one more k in the beginning of last season. In SL they will esealy average 6k the first season. 

They’ve only played a handful of games at the new stadium, not enough time to establish a trend, and did they really average 3k at the old one? 

6 hours ago, Eddie said:

Given their grounds capacities are way below that then no.

Archived