Toronto Wolfpack revival begins as officials line up return this year

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Essentially a bringing down of the curtain on Toronto for the people of Toronto. It’ll be interesting to see how many people turn up for it, when it would be some two years plus since Rugby League was played in Canada come next Autumn, or whether the fans will boycott as some parting shot at the game. 

Hope that they can keep a team together in Toronto. 

Covid has affected everybody all round the world. 

If it means stepping back to championship, league one or even USARL it will be a massive help when Ottawa commence in 2022.

I still think there is mileage in North America and would love Toronto to be the phoenix that rises from the ashes. 

Good luck to all you Canadian fans out there. 

20 hours ago, DoubleD said:

Run with the Pack! 

Nice to hear but I can’t see clubs releasing players for this. Maybe the odd few will make it

That’s my worry, player insurance must be an issue plus I can’t see some clubs wanting the injury risk.

2 hours ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Essentially a bringing down of the curtain on Toronto for the people of Toronto.

That would be a completely pointless and expensive exercise.

It is an attempt to gauge the appetite for pro-RL and raise Wolfpack's profile with one eye on a possible permanent future return.

If this goes ahead and they can get 10000 (Covid allowing) people turn up, that would send a massively positive message to the RFL/SL/investors about the viability of the club after all that has happened.

It's a speculative investment by Argyle/Wolfpack and good luck to them, if it happens I hope Sky pick it up so I can watch the game.

1 minute ago, Whippet13 said:

That would be a completely pointless and expensive exercise.

It is an attempt to gauge the appetite for pro-RL and raise Wolfpack's profile with one eye on a possible permanent future return.

If this goes ahead and they can get 10000 (Covid allowing) people turn up, that would send a massively positive message to the RFL/SL/investors about the viability of the club after all that has happened.

It's a speculative investment by Argyle/Wolfpack and good luck to them, if it happens I hope Sky pick it up so I can watch the game.

We have seen there is an appetite for pro-RL in Toronto. That is beyond doubt.

2 hours ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Essentially a bringing down of the curtain on Toronto for the people of Toronto. It’ll be interesting to see how many people turn up for it, when it would be some two years plus since Rugby League was played in Canada come next Autumn, or whether the fans will boycott as some parting shot at the game. 

Guess it depends when this might happen, currently the answer would be zero as no fans are allowed, in fact there seems to be no timeline for fans at sporting events. When fans are allowed it’s going to be at much reduced capacity so Lamport may be off the table, which then means an alternative venue, with all the cost and logistic issues that go with that. The question will be how much will people miss going that they will be prepared to put up with disruption and likely higher prices or will they give it a miss.

Archived