Toronto Wolfpack revival begins as officials line up return this year

1 minute ago, Hela Wigmen said:

I’m not trying to shut anything down. I’m just bored already of the Toronto-Leigh spat this has inevitably turned into and can foresee, like many Toronto threads in time gone by, this being locked. 

1 minute ago, Robin Evans said:

I really doubt it..... however, I'm old enough to know not to make absolutes in life....  you never know

We are not through with Leigh just yet.  And once we get going again we will meet Leigh once again....if that rematch is in England I'm planning on making the trip and being there in person....I'm planning to call Harry and drink alot of his wine and meet his Missus!

We are not done with Leigh just yet...a lesson needs to be taught.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

I’m not trying to shut anything down. I’m just bored already of the Toronto-Leigh spat this has inevitably turned into and can foresee, like many Toronto threads in time gone by, this being locked. 

Stay away and don't contribute then. Up until page 4 you were the only one being negative and trying to twist what was said in the article into something that was not. Leigh have barely been mentioned so I am not quite sure why you are trying to insinuate that this has turned into a Toronto v Leigh spat.

Just now, Kayakman said:

We are not through with Leigh just yet.  And once we get going again we will meet Leigh once again....if that rematch is in England I'm planning on making the trip and being there in person....I'm planning to call Harry and drink alot of his wine and meet his Missus!

Out of curiosity, if Toronto weren’t to come back would you follow Ottawa Aces?

Just now, Damien said:

Stay away and don't contribute then. Up until page 4 you were the only one being negative and trying to twist what was said in the article into something that was not. Leigh have barely been mentioned so I am not quite sure why you are trying to insinuate that this has turned into a Toronto v Leigh spat.

Right on time...

Nothing negative about seeing how incredibly difficult a game in Canada would be in 2021 of all years but yeah, let’s all just be #PositiveRL all the time. 

Just now, Hela Wigmen said:

Right on time...

Nothing negative about seeing how incredibly difficult a game in Canada would be in 2021 of all years but yeah, let’s all just be #PositiveRL all the time. 

At least that's back on the topic.

All this talk of a Toronto Wolfpack revival playing in the lower leagues let alone super league in a current/post covid world  is pie in the sky unless a true legit billionaire is willing to bankroll the club which unfortunately is highly unlikely.

The best Toronto and maybe even Ottawa can hope for is linking up with the AMNRL/USARL or whatever they are called domestic leagues.

8 minutes ago, Cumbrian Mackem said:

All this talk of a Toronto Wolfpack revival playing in the lower leagues let alone super league in a current/post covid world  is pie in the sky unless a true legit billionaire is willing to bankroll the club which unfortunately is highly unlikely.

The best Toronto and maybe even Ottawa can hope for is linking up with the AMNRL/USARL or whatever they are called domestic leagues.

Its pie in the sky unless there is a strategy for them to take up a place in Super League on a sustainable footing. As things stand no backer will take on Toronto when they don't even know if they will ever be allowed back in Super league and if they were how they would then be treated. What happened to Toronto the last time will undoubtedly put backers off.

If Toronto, Ottawa, New York and whoever else could get a semi-professional competition going in North America that would be much more preferable in the long run. They are obviously a number of teams short for anything like that though.

9 minutes ago, Cumbrian Mackem said:

None of your realism and logic here I’m afraid, get out!

6 minutes ago, Damien said:

Its pie in the sky unless there is a strategy for them to take up a place in Super League on a sustainable footing. As things stand no backer will take on Toronto when they don't even know if they will ever be allowed back in Super league and if they were how they would then be treated. What happened to Toronto the last time will undoubtedly put backers off.

If Toronto, Ottawa, New York and whoever else could get a semi-professional competition going in North America that would be much more preferable in the long run. They are obviously a number of teams short for anything like that though.

What happened to Toronto the last time was that it was built on sand and the guy backing them was a phoney. Nothing to do with super league or Leigh or people wearing flat caps in featherstone etc.

Just now, Cumbrian Mackem said:

What happened to Toronto the last time was that it was built on sand and the guy backing them was a phoney. Nothing to do with super league or Leigh or people wearing flat caps in featherstone etc.

No, in terms of what affected Toronto was Covid-19. What is currently still happening is Covid-19. It has affected the entire world and quite why some people think a fairly new RL team should be immune is bizarre.

Your second sentence is pure strawman and irrelevant to what I said.

1 minute ago, Damien said:

No, in terms of what affected Toronto was Covid-19. What is currently still happening is Covid-19. It has affected the entire world and quite why some people think a fairly new RL team should be immune is bizarre.

Your second sentence is pure strawman and irrelevant to what I said.

Exactly my point. Covid19 unfortunately means that the idea of trans-Atlantic sporting teams competing in uk/European leagues is built on sand.

6 minutes ago, Cumbrian Mackem said:

Exactly my point. Covid19 unfortunately means that the idea of trans-Atlantic sporting teams competing in uk/European leagues is built on sand.

It wasn't your point at all because you didn't mention it. Covid-19 didn't mean that Toronto was built on sand, if that is your reasoning for them being built on sand then billion dollar companies, and much of he world as we know it, has been shown to be built on sand. The Olympics and international competition would be built on sand.

Instead though we could acknowledge the pivotal role that a once in a lifetime, entirely unforeseen and catastrophic event had on Toronto. That reality though isn't a very good stick for people to use and seems to get completely ignored by some.

9 minutes ago, Damien said:

It wasn't your point at all because you didn't mention it. Covid-19 didn't mean that Toronto was built on sand, if that is your reasoning for them being built on sand then billion dollar companies, and much of he world as we know it, has been shown to be built on sand. The Olympics and international competition would be built on sand.

Instead though we could acknowledge the pivotal role that a once in a lifetime, entirely unforeseen and catastrophic event had on Toronto. That reality though isn't a very good stick for people to use and seems to get completely ignored by some.

I’m afraid I did Damien. I clearly stated “current and post covid world”.

Also I wouldn’t compare well run multi-billion dollar companies with super league or the RFL.

2 minutes ago, Cumbrian Mackem said:

I’m afraid I did Damien. I clearly stated “current and post covid world”.

Also I wouldn’t compare well run multi-billion dollar companies with super league or the RFL.

You replied with this to my post. Its quite clear how the conversation flowed and what was said in relation to what so we'll leave it at that:

39 minutes ago, Cumbrian Mackem said:

We're missing the important question here.

If, and it is a very big if, Toronto get back into Super League, which TRL member will be wearing the buffalo horn head-dress when SL HQ is stormed by a furious mob?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

8 minutes ago, Damien said:

You replied with this to my post. Its quite clear how the conversation flowed and what was said in relation to what so we'll leave it at that:

Not exactly sure what your point is marra? Are you implying that I don’t think covid played a pivotal role towards the Wolfpack demise?

1 minute ago, Cumbrian Mackem said:

In other words you’ve just realized that I did mention covid as being instrumental in the demise of the Wolfpack.

No this is what you said so don't lie. The conversation moved on and you quoted me. Its all there in black and white so I'm happy for people to make their own judgemnt of what was said in reply to what:

1 hour ago, Cumbrian Mackem said:

1 hour ago, Kayakman said:

And you are most welcome my friend, and perhaps we can also meet up with Gubrats and Craic, it may surprise you to learn I have never met them.

1 minute ago, Johnoco said:

If unaided, covid (or specifically the knock on effects of it) would quite quickly wipe out virtually all RL clubs in the UK. The only difference that Toronto got no assistance so any problems were a lot worse than they might have been.

Very true. Incidentally did the Wolfpack ever approach the Canadian government for financial help?

8 minutes ago, Damien said:

No this is what you said so don't lie. The conversation moved on and you quoted me. Its all there in black and white so I'm happy for people to make their own judgemnt of what was said in reply to what:

Again what am I supposed to be looking at marra? I see me clearly stating covid in a current/post world?

Archived