Jump to content

Toronto Wolfpack revival begins as officials line up return this year


Recommended Posts

30 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Surpassed Toronto's league record? 

Nobody will be more surprised than me if Leigh don't surpass TWP's 0 - 6, in fact I will go as far to say Leigh may equal the season as I expect TWP would have finishing with a 0 - from all league games played, and Leigh don't possess a marketing phenomenon on the field to set up tries and make all the big hits😉

Edited by Harry Stottle
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Me and my crew will be there come hell or high water.

Hope that they can keep a team together in Toronto.  Covid has affected everybody all round the world.  If it means stepping back to championship, league one or even USARL it will be a massi

Count on me and my posse being there....

Posted Images

I thought the revival thread was going well yesterday - lots of contributions expressing a variety of viewpoints.

The latest stuff would more appropriately suit the older threads where old ground can be further gone over.

Edited by Manxmanc
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Damien said:

I don't really see why the same 2 or 3 posters are intent on getting every Toronto thread locked. This has been evident from page 1. Envy is a terrible thing.

So that's me and Harry in the clear then 👍😁

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Johnoco said:

I wouldn’t mind if clubs tried stuff and it maybe didn’t work or whatever, it’s not always easy. But we just have a lot of clubs happy to take their money and put in zero effort at growing themselves or the game. It shouldn’t be accepted like it is.

The trouble is there is no need for them to do anything else. Artificial measures like the salary cap just contribute to this and allow clubs to do the bare minimum.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Hi @John Drake, can I get odds on this thread being closed today?

You can try all you want  to shut us down but I'm tellin ya we are going to be back once all of this Covid stuff is over!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

You can try all you want  to shut us down but I'm tellin ya we are going to be back once all of this Covid stuff is over!

I’m not trying to shut anything down. I’m just bored already of the Toronto-Leigh spat this has inevitably turned into from the same handful of people and can foresee, like many Toronto threads in time gone by, this being locked. 

Edited by Hela Wigmen
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kayakman said:

You can try all you want  to shut us down but I'm tellin ya we are going to be back once all of this Covid stuff is over!

I really doubt it..... however, I'm old enough to know not to make absolutes in life....  you never know

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Nobody will be more surprised than me if Leigh don't surpass TWP's 0 - 6, in fact I will go as far to say Leigh may equal the season as I expect TWP would have finishing with a 0 - from all league games played, and Leigh don't possess a marketing phenomenon on the field to set up tries and make all the big hits😉

I know, and we agree I think in all likelihood that will happen. 

Watching it happen though, that's a different kettle of fish.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

I’m not trying to shut anything down. I’m just bored already of the Toronto-Leigh spat this has inevitably turned into and can foresee, like many Toronto threads in time gone by, this being locked. 

The first reference to Leigh was by Frank ( from NZ ) on page 2 , hardly a mention by anybody else , except non Leigh fans , blame them , not us 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hela Wigmen said:

I’m not trying to shut anything down. I’m just bored already of the Toronto-Leigh spat this has inevitably turned into and can foresee, like many Toronto threads in time gone by, this being locked. 

 

1 minute ago, Robin Evans said:

I really doubt it..... however, I'm old enough to know not to make absolutes in life....  you never know

We are not through with Leigh just yet.  And once we get going again we will meet Leigh once again....if that rematch is in England I'm planning on making the trip and being there in person....I'm planning to call Harry and drink alot of his wine and meet his Missus!

We are not done with Leigh just yet...a lesson needs to be taught.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

I’m not trying to shut anything down. I’m just bored already of the Toronto-Leigh spat this has inevitably turned into and can foresee, like many Toronto threads in time gone by, this being locked. 

Stay away and don't contribute then. Up until page 4 you were the only one being negative and trying to twist what was said in the article into something that was not. Leigh have barely been mentioned so I am not quite sure why you are trying to insinuate that this has turned into a Toronto v Leigh spat.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kayakman said:

 

We are not through with Leigh just yet.  And once we get going again we will meet Leigh once again....if that rematch is in England I'm planning on making the trip and being there in person....I'm planning to call Harry and drink alot of his wine and meet his Missus!

We are not done with Leigh just yet...a lesson needs to be taught.

Out of curiosity, if Toronto weren’t to come back would you follow Ottawa Aces?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Damien said:

Stay away and don't contribute then. Up until page 4 you were the only one being negative and trying to twist what was said in the article into something that was not. Leigh have barely been mentioned so I am not quite sure why you are trying to insinuate that this has turned into a Toronto v Leigh spat.

Right on time...

Nothing negative about seeing how incredibly difficult a game in Canada would be in 2021 of all years but yeah, let’s all just be #PositiveRL all the time. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hela Wigmen said:

Right on time...

Nothing negative about seeing how incredibly difficult a game in Canada would be in 2021 of all years but yeah, let’s all just be #PositiveRL all the time. 

At least that's back on the topic.

Link to post
Share on other sites

All this talk of a Toronto Wolfpack revival playing in the lower leagues let alone super league in a current/post covid world  is pie in the sky unless a true legit billionaire is willing to bankroll the club which unfortunately is highly unlikely.

The best Toronto and maybe even Ottawa can hope for is linking up with the AMNRL/USARL or whatever they are called domestic leagues.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Cumbrian Mackem said:

All this talk of a Toronto Wolfpack revival playing in the lower leagues let alone super league in a current/post covid world  is pie in the sky unless a true legit billionaire is willing to bankroll the club which unfortunately is highly unlikely.

The best Toronto and maybe even Ottawa can hope for is linking up with the AMNRL/USARL or whatever they are called domestic leagues.

Its pie in the sky unless there is a strategy for them to take up a place in Super League on a sustainable footing. As things stand no backer will take on Toronto when they don't even know if they will ever be allowed back in Super league and if they were how they would then be treated. What happened to Toronto the last time will undoubtedly put backers off.

If Toronto, Ottawa, New York and whoever else could get a semi-professional competition going in North America that would be much more preferable in the long run. They are obviously a number of teams short for anything like that though.

Edited by Damien
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Cumbrian Mackem said:

All this talk of a Toronto Wolfpack revival playing in the lower leagues let alone super league in a current/post covid world  is pie in the sky unless a true legit billionaire is willing to bankroll the club which unfortunately is highly unlikely.

The best Toronto and maybe even Ottawa can hope for is linking up with the AMNRL/USARL or whatever they are called domestic leagues.

None of your realism and logic here I’m afraid, get out!

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Damien said:

Its pie in the sky unless there is a strategy for them to take up a place in Super League on a sustainable footing. As things stand no backer will take on Toronto when they don't even know if they will ever be allowed back in Super league and if they were how they would then be treated. What happened to Toronto the last time will undoubtedly put backers off.

If Toronto, Ottawa, New York and whoever else could get a semi-professional competition going in North America that would be much more preferable in the long run. They are obviously a number of teams short for anything like that though.

What happened to Toronto the last time was that it was built on sand and the guy backing them was a phoney. Nothing to do with super league or Leigh or people wearing flat caps in featherstone etc.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cumbrian Mackem said:

What happened to Toronto the last time was that it was built on sand and the guy backing them was a phoney. Nothing to do with super league or Leigh or people wearing flat caps in featherstone etc.

No, in terms of what affected Toronto was Covid-19. What is currently still happening is Covid-19. It has affected the entire world and quite why some people think a fairly new RL team should be immune is bizarre.

Your second sentence is pure strawman and irrelevant to what I said.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Damien said:

No, in terms of what affected Toronto was Covid-19. What is currently still happening is Covid-19. It has affected the entire world and quite why some people think a fairly new RL team should be immune is bizarre.

Your second sentence is pure strawman and irrelevant to what I said.

Exactly my point. Covid19 unfortunately means that the idea of trans-Atlantic sporting teams competing in uk/European leagues is built on sand.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Cumbrian Mackem said:

Exactly my point. Covid19 unfortunately means that the idea of trans-Atlantic sporting teams competing in uk/European leagues is built on sand.

It wasn't your point at all because you didn't mention it. Covid-19 didn't mean that Toronto was built on sand, if that is your reasoning for them being built on sand then billion dollar companies, and much of he world as we know it, has been shown to be built on sand. The Olympics and international competition would be built on sand.

Instead though we could acknowledge the pivotal role that a once in a lifetime, entirely unforeseen and catastrophic event had on Toronto. That reality though isn't a very good stick for people to use and seems to get completely ignored by some.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...