John Terry to help Englands world cup bid

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know where to start with this one. The racism is just the tip of the iceberg. John Terry is a thoroughly odious individual. 

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

2 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

A winner as a player and uncompromising on the pitch and had loads of mental strength

A man who used racist language, slept with the wife of a teammate and is associated to a family known for theft, prostitution and driving someone to suicide. Think that trumps it, tbh. 

10 minutes ago, nadera78 said:

I don't know where to start with this one. The racism is just the tip of the iceberg. John Terry is a thoroughly odious individual. 

People who don't know anything about football know that John Terry is a [very very rude word].

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Just now, 2blackrooks said:

Good move, loads of teams use other individuals from other disciplines to enhance a teams performance.

I'd still like to see 3-4 top level games played before the WC starts. All the gurus in the world can't prepare a team than good old match practice

Who are you suggesting we play these 3/4 games against ?

3 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Is this the highly succssessful football coach John Terry ?🤔

Who is doing quite well at Aston Villa. The point is more people would recognize him in the street,  even in RL heartlands than RL players,  that's probably the idea,  high profile sports player to pull in casual fans to RLWC. We complain about lack of awareness,  well now many more are suddenly aware.

7 minutes ago, HawkMan said:

Who is doing quite well at Aston Villa. The point is more people would recognize him in the street,  even in RL heartlands than RL players,  that's probably the idea,  high profile sports player to pull in casual fans to RLWC. We complain about lack of awareness,  well now many more are suddenly aware.

I didn't realise he was the Aston Villa coach , somebody had better tell Dean Smith 

1 minute ago, GUBRATS said:

I didn't realise he was the Aston Villa coach , somebody had better tell Dean Smith 

He's on the coaching staff, and he must be doing something right judging by their improvement defensively this season. 

32 minutes ago, Damien said:

Will he help lift the trophy if England win? 😂

You jest.

This is a man who togged out in shin pads the lot (probably also rubbed a bit of dirt onto his socks) in a game that he had no part in. A game missed through an unlucky suspension then you could argue fair enough, “harsh suspension he deserved to be there, and he was a colossus in the semi and helped them get there”, but this was a game that he made infinitely harder for Chelsea to get to when he walked up to a Barca player and kneed him from behind in the leg. His selfish, unprovoked cowardly act all but jeopardised their chances but somehow the other 10 players pulled off a mini miracle. For him to be front and centre was shameless. Contrast this with Roy Keane. Very harshly booked (which only happened following a rare loose pass from Scholes), knew there and then he’d miss the final, then single handedly dragged Man U back from the brink (2-0 down to Juventus, Zidane, Del Piero et al, in Turin) and led United to the final. Then in the final, a final he did more than anyone else to get the club to, he was in his suit, stayed hidden from view, and reluctantly took part in the celebrations as he was dragged out, later stating he felt no part of it as he didn’t play. 

Keane put the team above himself in Turin, no self pity after he was booked (unlike Gazza at the same venue for example, “me me me”, with England effectively playing with 10 men for the rest of extra time and one less penalty taker). Terry is a fraud, Keane was the real deal.

15 minutes ago, 2blackrooks said:

No reason we can't play Australia New Zealand Tonga and possibly France. 

Even a match against Australia and France would get them match Sharp

So that will help England , but not our opponents ? , So you want us to play the teams we have to beat IN the WC , just before we play them in the WC ? 

Archived