John Terry to help Englands world cup bid

45 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

So that will help England , but not our opponents ? , So you want us to play the teams we have to beat IN the WC , just before we play them in the WC ? 

Why not....... certainly will give the management areas to look at prior to the knockout stages, give them a feel on how the team will.shape up. Give squad players a run out.

Might gives us a chance of potentially getting to the final

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good to see a high profile sportsman like John Terry on board. He's a well respected leader in the football world and his support for Rugby League should be applauded.

Impressive that Mr Wane provides input to big names in sport regards his coaching techniques. Shows our hopes and aspirations for a good World Cup are in the right hands.

As for the negative feedback on John's role at Aston Villa, I think you'll find he's been a key figure behind the scenes in putting respect, pride & entertainment back on the agenda at Villa Park. He & Dean Smith have made massive leaps forward after Steve Bruce bored the club rigid.

We should welcome and salute John joining the Rugby League family not poke petty jibes at him 👍🏐🏉

2 hours ago, Hela Wigmen said:

A man who used racist language, slept with the wife of a teammate and is associated to a family known for theft, prostitution and driving someone to suicide. Think that trumps it, tbh. 

He works in the open air, he is not in prison... for anything, remotely despite your slander. He is obviously working in the coaching arena.  Legally.   

Convicted by association is something we had in 1933-45, and McCarthyism. 

2 hours ago, DC77 said:

You jest.

This is a man who togged out in shin pads the lot (probably also rubbed a bit of dirt onto his socks) in a game that he had no part in. A game missed through an unlucky suspension then you could argue fair enough, “harsh suspension he deserved to be there, and he was a colossus in the semi and helped them get there”, but this was a game that he made infinitely harder for Chelsea to get to when he walked up to a Barca player and kneed him from behind in the leg. His selfish, unprovoked cowardly act all but jeopardised their chances but somehow the other 10 players pulled off a mini miracle. For him to be front and centre was shameless. Contrast this with Roy Keane. Very harshly booked (which only happened following a rare loose pass from Scholes), knew there and then he’d miss the final, then single handedly dragged Man U back from the brink (2-0 down to Juventus, Zidane, Del Piero et al, in Turin) and led United to the final. Then in the final, a final he did more than anyone else to get the club to, he was in his suit, stayed hidden from view, and reluctantly took part in the celebrations as he was dragged out, later stating he felt no part of it as he didn’t play. 

Keane put the team above himself in Turin, no self pity after he was booked (unlike Gazza at the same venue for example, “me me me”, with England effectively playing with 10 men for the rest of extra time and one less penalty taker). Terry is a fraud, Keane was the real deal.

Loads of pixels, an endless stream of them.  So you are really a football fan, and one easily driven to hysteria, not a rugby league one, and are one eyed about one team in particularas well.

You had better get another forum.

15 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

He works in the open air, he is not in prison... for anything, remotely despite your slander. He is obviously working in the coaching arena.  Legally.   

Convicted by association is something we had in 1933-45, and McCarthyism. 

I suggest a quick Goggle search of him, his parents and his brother Paul, then. Nothing slanderous there at all. 

Years ago, John Terry was introduced on the pitch before a Wembley NFL game - doing the coin toss I think.

I remember thinking at the time how funny - or perhaps how English - it was that the captain of the England team, at the national stadium, was being roundly booed by tens of thousands of people. He's really not very well liked.

How about Vinnie Jones?  Seem to remember he watched a few games when at Wimbledon. He could use his Smoking barrels car door scene to inspire the players...

On 15/01/2021 at 12:01, The Future is League said:

A winner as a player and uncompromising on the pitch and had loads of mental strength

I think he’s a lump of wood of dubious character who benefited from the players around him who often carried him and bailed him out!

• Bottled & punched a nightclub Security man
  • Slept with his Chelsea & England team mates wife
  • Caught in a Sports Betting Scandal with Scott Parker
  • Racially abused Ledly King (2004)
  • Racially abused Anton Ferdinand (2011)
  • Took £10k off a tabloid to betray his team and clubs privacy
  • Dressed in full kit to pose for a team photo after THEY won a final he wasn’t involved in

Without Ricardo Carvalho & Rio Ferdinand to clean up his cumbersome errors he was a liability 

I wouldn’t have him anywhere near the England Rugby League team.

Just now, OMEGA said:

I think he’s a lump of wood of dubious character who benefited from the players around him who often carried him and bailed him out!

• Assaulted a Taxi driver and was bailed out by his club.
  • Slept with his team mates wife
  • Racially abused Anton Ferdinand
  • Took £10k off a tabloid to betray his team and clubs privacy
  • Dressed in full kit to pose for a team photo after THEY won a final he wasn’t involved in

Without Ricardo Carvalho & Rio Ferdinand to clean up his cumbersome errors he was a liability 

I wouldn’t have him anywhere near the England Rugby League team.

He was at times a liability but he was also a good defender let's not rewrite history because he's a despicable person who should be nowhere near the England set up.

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

4 hours ago, Dr Tim Whatley said:

Years ago, John Terry was introduced on the pitch before a Wembley NFL game - doing the coin toss I think.

I remember thinking at the time how funny - or perhaps how English - it was that the captain of the England team, at the national stadium, was being roundly booed by tens of thousands of people. He's really not very well liked.

https://deadspin.com/remember-when-a-chelsea-player-waggled-his-dick-at-grie-1730110370

Quite understand why Americans may have an opinion.

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

Archived