John Terry to help Englands world cup bid

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Google John Terry on his own then. There’s enough rubbish there to not go near him with a barge pole before you get into the rabbit hole of his family. 

I know there is. I was merely pointing out that his family’s crimes aren’t his and he shouldn’t be tarred with them if he wasn’t involved. 

14 hours ago, Robthegasman said:

I wish someone like Roy Keane would get involved. And I believe he likes his rugby league too.

In fact I would put him in charge of the game here.He would give the game in this country a right kick up the ######.

If he is so good why is he just sat on a chair in front of the TV camera, as opposed to being in the dugout doing real coaching.

Far too many people are massaging their prejudices ...  and all of a sudden they are football fans.

1 minute ago, Eddie said:

What a disgraceful thing to say. 

The family is vile. Every single one of them. They’re all, in their own unique ways, disgraceful characters and not even six months from the beginning of the BLM movement and some pretty frank and open experiences from Rugby League players regarding racism, some of which never seemed to be even acknowledged by The RFL, England RL have approached a man who has acted insensitively around Americans around the time of one of their darkest days of the 21st century AND received a ban and the stripping of his captaincy for England for use of racist language. That’s just him. That’s before you delve into the family as a whole, which people do. You’re right, it is disgraceful. Disgraceful from England Rugby League. 

This certainly helps my apathy towards England RL and the only way it could be topped I reckon is if Boris Johnson was appointed Head of Nutrition. 

It isn't a RFL or official appointment or anything. From the article it seems more that the coach, as in Shaun Wane, decision.

So for me reading the comments here and googling John Terry he wouldn't be my choice and morally the focus for would be on Wane as why the choice given some of Terry's poor behaviour record.  Its not as if their wouldn't be a shortage of the type of experience to expose to the squad.

3 hours ago, Rupert Prince said:

If he is so good why is he just sat on a chair in front of the TV camera, as opposed to being in the dugout doing real coaching.

Far too many people are massaging their prejudices ...  and all of a sudden they are football fans.

Too intense/hotheaded/confrontational to be a good manager. It works as a player, as others follow your example on the field, but doesn’t translate to the sidelines. Same happened to Graeme Souness. You need diplomacy as a manager, an ability to know what to say to each individual player to get the maximum out of them. Keane is completely devoid of this attribute. Once his playing days were over, so was his career at the top. Soon as his usefulness as a player ended Fergie chucked him out of United after he buried Darren Fletcher on the MUTV channel.

The relentless drive and obsession to win I struggle to think of a better captain. He takes no prisoners. Remember Mark Bosnich arriving at United having signed from Villa and was all smiles in his first day greeting the players as he arrived a few minutes late. Keane (‘Fergie on the field’) asked him “what time do you call this?”...”you aren’t at Villa anymore”. He doesn’t do friends. He wins.

9 hours ago, Rupert Prince said:

I am a staunch Manchester United fan.And have been for many years.

Archived