Today's live links for Treizistes

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe Justin Murphy shouldn't have said in the press on Tuesday and Wednesday that Steve mc namara has asked him to play 4 extra players from the super League fringe players including morgues et Romano. Or am I being cynical 😁. I'm sure Villeneuve wouldn't lie about covid. 

On 17/01/2021 at 14:14, The Daddy said:

The Avignon kit is brilliant, best RL kit i've seen in a long time

All the logos look good as well...

But as an aside, I wonder how the word 'Treiziste' works out for the French?  How sharp or interesting or ordinary is it to a Frenchman?  But to me, as a word, it looks cool.

2 hours ago, Rupert Prince said:

All the logos look good as well...

But as an aside, I wonder how the word 'Treiziste' works out for the French?  How sharp or interesting or ordinary is it to a Frenchman?  But to me, as a word, it looks cool.

The term came into use during the decades when Rugby wasn't allowed to call itself Rugby unless it was Rugby Union. 

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 hours ago, The Daddy said:

Any games today?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

First try on 2:53, for the visitors. Breezy enough for the kicker to require a team-mate to lie down and hold the ball in place. Conversion missed, anyway. 

Albi 0:4 Lezignan

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Lezignan making yards for fun so far.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Albi have woken up a bit and scored a converted try.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Well, you don't see that every day! A high kick from Lezignan landed plumb on top of the post pad, temporarily bamboozling the Albi full-back.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

4 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Well, you don't see that every day! A high kick from Lezignan landed plumb on top of the post pad, temporarily bamboozling the Albi full-back.

In fact, having thought for a few minutes, I don't think I've ever seen that before.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

The home side are taking control after a wobbly opening few minutes.

Albi 18:4 Lezignan

Ralph Waldo Emerson

I had to take a break, as I was preparing this evening's meal. Now it's Albi 18:26 Lezignan! Looks like plenty is happening.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just now, thebrewxi said:

there's quite a bit of French in the chat, alongside the english

Not all francophones live in France, of course. But all are welcome.

Anyhoo, we can watch live coverage of a spirited and decent-quality Rugby match in January! Not everything about the present day is horrendous, although I'm sure somebody will complain about something soon.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived