Today's live links for Treizistes

17 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Not constantly, but I am getting a bit of buffering every now and then, and my internet's generally slow right now. I'll be rebooting my router at HT to see if it helps.

Seems better now (fingers crossed).

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just seen a perfect example of what`s wrong with modern RL officiating. Saint-Gaudens player goes into a tackle, the ball pops out behind him, officials have no idea how it happened, but they still stop the game and call something. They will not play on when the ball comes loose. Even if the ref wants to, the touch judge will intervene.

This is common now across the world - any doubt and they blow the whistle or put the flag up and make a call based on guesswork. It`s spoiling the game, yet nobody in media or administration sees a problem.

Saint-Gaudens 2:26 Avignon at FT. Saint-Gaudens were unlucky late on, as a promising interception was almost immediately followed by the player pulling up lame. 

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

8 minutes ago, unapologetic pedant said:

Just seen a perfect example of what`s wrong with modern RL officiating. Saint-Gaudens player goes into a tackle, the ball pops out behind him, officials have no idea how it happened, but they still stop the game and call something. They will not play on when the ball comes loose. Even if the ref wants to, the touch judge will intervene.

This is common now across the world - any doubt and they blow the whistle or put the flag up and make a call based on guesswork. It`s spoiling the game, yet nobody in media or administration sees a problem.

French refs blow for everything. I've 20 years of experience with them over here. Only one or two let a game flow. The rest like to be in the spotlight and are very picky. Yes the fault is there for alot of things but if you let small things go for both teams you get a better game. As you say the touch judge wantd to ref the game too. The number of times you hear the touch judge calling every slight decision through his microphone /ear piece when I'm on the side line. 

5 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

What is encouraging for me is the You Tube/Facebook viewing figures most matches can creep up to 1000 which is great.

A proper You Tube channel fully promoted with 1 match a week on a Monday evening can be a huge success and 10000 viewers is easily doable.

Paul

The Albi-Carcassonne game had 3200 views on YouTube the last time I checked 

2 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

What is encouraging for me is the You Tube/Facebook viewing figures most matches can creep up to 1000 which is great.

A proper You Tube channel fully promoted with 1 match a week on a Monday evening can be a huge success and 10000 viewers is easily doable.

Paul

If the FFRXIII YouTube channel collated all the streams for all the matches, that would be so convenient.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

26 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Paul

Bonjour Paul,

Am I right in saying you met with the federation recently to discuss streaming for next season? And did I dream the fact you’re expiring English commentary?

I’ve been loving the streams recently.

3 hours ago, welshmagpie said:

Bonjour Paul,

Am I right in saying you met with the federation recently to discuss streaming for next season? And did I dream the fact you’re expiring English commentary?

I’ve been loving the streams recently.

YES we had a long zoom meeting last week.

I suggested that we should have an English commentary alongside the main French one (Monday nights) I expect to hear from them in a few days but looking good I think.

It will help with sponsors as my estimate is that 50% of the potential LED advertisers will be overseas companies the remaining 50% the Fed and clubs (Forget big companies in Paris its better to look to the USA etc as they have no preconceptions Union v League to them its FRANCE which is one of the 6 largest economies on the planet)

Other thing with You Tube its very transparent when it comes to the viewing figures I think 10000 is achievable for Monday evenings.

Fingers crossed 🙂

3 hours ago, The Daddy said:

The Albi-Carcassonne game had 3200 views on YouTube the last time I checked 

That's not the most reliable figure to be looking at.  During the match, at any one time (I did not see the match), the figure was probably somewhere between 500 and 1000.  For me, this is the most reliable figure to be taking notice of.

Today's match, St Gaudens vs Avignon, for example, averaged about 500 viewers and peaked just before half-time, at just under 600.  I think, like in many countries, the French fans are parochial, so if their team is playing, they watch, if their team is not playing, they don't watch.  St Gaudens matches, for example, get noticably lower figures than St Esteve, Carcassonne, Lezignan etc.  I think the tragics (neutrals) like us, are probably 10-20% of the viewers each time. 

But I have seen several matches crack the 1000 barrier, which is good and hopefully it can keep getting even bigger over time.

Regarding today's game, I enjoyed it, the scoreline was a bit harsh on St Gaudens, as they could/should have scored a few times.  But of course, Avignon always looked in control.

Small pet hate about the French League:  The "very casual" attitude of the trainers.  They seem to linger on the field a lot and not be in a particular hurry to get out of the way when play is heading towards them.  Also "casual" in terms of their appearance and how they are dressed.  Doesn't exactly help the overall image of the league.

They're usually very strict on thre trainer rules. I noticed justin Murphy going onto the field when there wad an injury 

They're probably letting it go for some reason. Usually its a running batle with the match commissioner, the fourth official and the trainers /water runners 

1 hour ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

YES we had a long zoom meeting last week.

I suggested that we should have an English commentary alongside the main French one (Monday nights) I expect to hear from them in a few days but looking good I think.

It will help with sponsors as my estimate is that 50% of the potential LED advertisers will be overseas companies the remaining 50% the Fed and clubs (Forget big companies in Paris its better to look to the USA etc as they have no preconceptions Union v League to them its FRANCE which is one of the 6 largest economies on the planet)

Other thing with You Tube its very transparent when it comes to the viewing figures I think 10000 is achievable for Monday evenings.

Fingers crossed 🙂

Sounds incredible! Well done on your prt my friend - if that comes off it’s a huge coup for French RL

20 minutes ago, barnyia said:

They're usually very strict on thre trainer rules. I noticed justin Murphy going onto the field when there wad an injury 

They're probably letting it go for some reason. Usually its a running batle with the match commissioner, the fourth official and the trainers /water runners 

Strange indeed.  I have been watching French League for years and have only really noticed it creeping in over the last few weeks/months.  I saw the ref had words with one of the trainers at one point.  Perhaps a crackdown is coming soon.

Here we go; I'm watching Avignon v Villeneuve.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

24 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Here we go; I'm watching Avignon v Villeneuve.

Audio problems again from that channel, so over to St Esteve v Carcassone.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Latest scores

Avignon 30:4 Villeneuve

St Esteve 6:16 Carcassone

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived