Today's live links for Treizistes

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, barnyia said:

You ever been to Palau? Some of their fans/volunteers and a laptop don't go together😀

Seriously Palau have it difficult with budget and volunteers and are doing a great job just staying in elite. I wouldn't be certain that they will have adequate internet connection at the ground to live stream either.

I have passed through there, which my Perpignan friends advised me was the best thing to do if I couldn't bypass the town !

Can understand connection problems as League 1 club I was investigating options for had such a slow connection I would have been better off drawing pictures and sending by carrier pigeon (to upload a game from there post match would have taken 3-4 hours. 10 minutes from home) ! May be worth them looking at mobile broadband, assuming the locals don't regard mobile phones as the devil's work, as I have MBB as back up in case 'landline' is inadequate (40Gb a month for £8). Sure even Palau had Minitel in the day ?

My wife complains I selfishly stop her fulfilling her true ambition -

she really wants to be a rich widow

You've got to factor in too - age and experience here. St Esteve basically an 20's side against the Canaris. Two big, strong Pacific island players in Tuilagi and Drodrolagi, Escamilla and Canet both French international forwards the latter with lots of Championship experience with TO X111 along with Lucas Albert and Simon with nearly 200 SL games between them.

St Esteve changing their role a bit now under Murphy and Bird. Really asking questions of the youngsters. Their raison d'etre not all about silverware.Perez and Dezaria only ones with experience. Thought both had decent games but the former should have had led better in the closing stages to get the win while the latter got yellow carded for back chat as well as coming up with an excellent try. Brochon at full back a mixed bag wonderfull conversions from the side line but spoilt by his mistake in-goal giving the visitors a 6 point gift. Good to see the backrower Goffin from Villeneuve show up at last with his powerful run and try. Overall though thought the game and presentation excellent. Both sides took a lot from it.

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

43 minutes ago, audois said:

You've got to factor in too - age and experience here. St Esteve basically an 20's side against the Canaris. Two big, strong Pacific island players in Tuilagi and Drodrolagi, Escamilla and Canet both French international forwards the latter with lots of Championship experience with TO X111 along with Lucas Albert and Simon with nearly 200 SL games between them.

St Esteve changing their role a bit now under Murphy and Bird. Really asking questions of the youngsters. Their raison d'etre not all about silverware.Perez and Dezaria only ones with experience. Thought both had decent games but the former should have had led better in the closing stages to get the win while the latter got yellow carded for back chat as well as coming up with an excellent try. Brochon at full back a mixed bag wonderfull conversions from the side line but spoilt by his mistake in-goal giving the visitors a 6 point gift. Good to see the backrower Goffin from Villeneuve show up at last with his powerful run and try. Overall though thought the game and presentation excellent. Both sides took a lot from it.

Good post.  I’m pleased to see this young side being used for development.

1 hour ago, audois said:

Goffin was #22 right?

44 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Lezignan have just equalised with a very cute kick off the outside of the boot, which wrong-footed the defence and allowed the chasing player to score.

Then Limoux scored straight from the kick-off, after the HT hooter. 10:14 with an easy conversion to come.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

7 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

All over at Avignon.  Pretty dire game.  

I switched over from that yesterday to the other game - lucky me!

Today's match ended Lezignan 24:32 Limoux. Only two points in near the end 'til a last-minute try gave the visitors a safer margin.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

That was a turn up for the books!

I once knew a man who had a library at the bottom of his trouser leg.

That, too, was a turn up for the books...

...I'll get my coat...

49 minutes ago, langpark said:

Wow!  Palau leading 24-6 at half-time!  Will be their first win of the season if they can hold on!

I believe they have, langpark, by 37 points to 18.

2 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

Terrible start by Avignon.  Lost the ball 1st set then lost the ball over their own line.  

4-0 to VsL playing into a very strong wind.  LaTramontana!

Not Tramontana as there was no depression over the Gulf of Genoa ! Potentially a katabatic Mistral 

1 minute ago, langpark said:

Really happy for them! They have gone close a few times and I admire their fighting spirit!

@Lowdesert perhaps I missed something, but you do realise the Avignon match was yesterday, right?

😂😂😂. No I didn’t mate, until Futtocks commented.  Just checked on YouTube and there it was.  I was happy though!

6 hours ago, Cumbrian Mackem said:

Cheers mate. So he’s a #13 who plays in the centre sometimes?

Normally second row. But played centre yesterday. I think Carcassonne see him more  as a lock but he's not played their much this season. Due to injuries in the team etc. 

Whilst it’s only one weekend, it has the potential to be quite an impactful one on the development of the league. Carcassone are clearly a strong side and will be a strong contender for the title, winning the game of the round. Palau picked up an excellent and unexpected win (after some close losses) in their fixture and a strongly fancied Lezignan side also lost at home. This can only be a good thing for the league. The fewer predictable outcomes, the better. 

Re the proposal to have a Monday night game live on You Tube. Any idea when this will be confirmed or otherwise ? Arranging trip to Avignon for November and not booked flights yet. If there's a Monday night game means I can do 3 games over long weekend. If not, can fly home Sunday night as Ryanair have 2230 flight from Toulouse.

2 hours ago, BJW said:

Re the proposal to have a Monday night game live on You Tube. Any idea when this will be confirmed or otherwise ? Arranging trip to Avignon for November and not booked flights yet. If there's a Monday night game means I can do 3 games over long weekend. If not, can fly home Sunday night as Ryanair have 2230 flight from Toulouse.

We are working on it right now hopefully something announced in 3/4 weeks but looking good.

31 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

We are working on it right now hopefully something announced in 3/4 weeks but looking good.

Thanks Paul. Will hold off on booking till known

Maybe a daft question but as RLWC doesn't finish till 26th November, will FFR XIII be starting their season later for 2021-22 ? Or maybe just for Elite 1 ?

4 hours ago, barnyia said:

Hopefully we'll be starting in September as it's a year since we last played a game except for elite 1

Hence why I asked if it may just be Elite 1 with later start. Doubt any Elite 2 or lower likely to be missing players for RLWC (not impossible I know but not insurmountable if any are). Looking to be in Avignon Thursday 18th November for a certain reason so happy to watch Elite 2 games or lower level.

Archived