Today's live links for Treizistes

46 minutes ago, audois said:

I don't think so. The Catalan's captain is from a small town Apt in Provence. Talking about wingers TO Elite have two teenagers playing in those positions presently Depeyre and Laguerre. The latter though played his first Championship game on the wing at Halixfax.

Both depeyre and laguerre look promising. Depeyre looks very nippy and laguerre very tall aerial threat.

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, The Daddy said:

LaGuerre is more of a full back though isn't he? 

Only ever seen him mentioned and playing on the wing. 

hope he’s as good as his older brother. Would be good to have some genuine height and physical presence in the French 3/4’s for a change 👍

4 hours ago, audois said:

It seems that St Gaudens will after all complete their season. After this weekends game away at Limoux the 'Ours' (bears) will play 3 games between in eight days 22nd May to the 30th. It looks like the play-offs will  start a week later on the 5th-6th June.

Taking the Championship Final to Ernest Wallon on 20th June seems a logical move. The evolving relationship now between ST and TO lends itself to this decision I think. Last played at EW in 2006 Pia - TO (21-18). Think Trent Robinson was involved in that game player-coach?

Elsewhere Hakim Miloudi signing for Barrow. He gets around a bit. Recently at Hull FC, Doncaster and Toronto.

Any fans allowed ? 

20 hours ago, Pen-Y-Bont Crusader said:

Any fans allowed ? 

FCL president quoted in the local paper yesterday that the much anticipated Lezignan- St Esteve game weekend after next could well see supporters and sponsors present.

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

Well they've reached the last round of matches this weekend before the play-offs not taking into account the postponed matches - better than 2020 when the comp was closed down early. Elite 1 has done well overall. The streaming and the quality of it - a major promotional break through too.

Round 18 fixture to follow tomorrow with Villeneuve/Lot hosting St.Esteve the game of the round. Baby Dracs caught out last week at home to Avignon. Maybe leaves them now having to win there and at Lezignan next weekend. Good to see this fixture at Villeneuve to be covered by ViàOccitanie at 2.00pm GMT.

Half-back problems could now be a problem for comp favorities Carcassonne with both Lucas Albert and Herroro struggling for fitness presently. Villeneuve have got Robin and Godinet back in harness in the halves while SOA missing both Jouffret and Gigot. Will these issues decide the out-come one wonders late June at Ernest-Wallon?

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

Its mainly Saturday matches this week. Limoux v palau on YouTube Saturday. Avignon v st gaudens on YouTube Saturday, Toulouse v carcassonne Saturday, villeneuve v catalans on Saturday too. Just lezignan playing a Sunday game. 

1 hour ago, The Daddy said:

Watching Avignon v Palau, Palau are getting thrashed. Gigot replaced at full back by Corentin Rey who looks a decent player

Rey is a very talented player. He keeps getting pushed out onto the wing. Hes only 19/20. Still learning the game but a big tall quick and skillful young man. 

22 minutes ago, barnyia said:

Rey is a very talented player. He keeps getting pushed out onto the wing. Hes only 19/20. Still learning the game but a big tall quick and skillful young man. 

Wow, only 19 or 20? I think this kid has a big future. I'm assuming full back is his best position. 

France have some good options at full back for the years ahead with Rey, Bitigri and Benjamin LaGuerre 

16 minutes ago, The Daddy said:

Wow, only 19 or 20? I think this kid has a big future. I'm assuming full back is his best position. 

France have some good options at full back for the years ahead with Rey, Bitigri and Benjamin LaGuerre 

Benjamin Laguerre is a winger. No?

who is Bitigri?

24 minutes ago, Cumbrian Mackem said:

Benjamin Laguerre is a winger. No?

who is Bitigri?

Benjamin can play a number of positions including centre, second row, wing and full back. I read somewhere that his preferred position is full back 

9 minutes ago, The Daddy said:

Benjamin can play a number of positions including centre, second row, wing and full back. I read somewhere that his preferred position is full back 

Looks a bit light for 2nd row. Hopefully he’ll continue in the 3/4’s as the French could do with some tall physical backs.

15 hours ago, Cumbrian Mackem said:

Are Palau bottom of the league?

They put up a good fight, struggled a bit with fitness in parts.

No. 8th out of 10 currently. See here https://www.ffr13.fr/competitions/elite1/

Have looked useful in games and lost some by the odd point or 3.

My wife complains I selfishly stop her fulfilling her true ambition -

she really wants to be a rich widow

Great to see these three games streamed - jumping one to the other all afternoon. The youngsters from St Esteve struggled in the downpour up at Villeneuve. Catalans down 14-0 early on. Still came back well late on with two well taken tries by their back-line. This lad Jobe is worth a look at. Normally plays centre but out on the right wing for this one and took his leap high in the rain with some style for their first try.The other winger Zenon from the clubs U18s side has appeared a few times this term and he got their second try and performed well in the difficult conditions. 2 tries a piece upon till Robin scored late-on for the home side with a super individual effort.

A the other end of the ladder TO Elite brought their season to a close at home to the comp leaders Carcassonne. 2021 has seen some improvement with Laguerre and Garcia having played in the Championship. Light years behind Baby Dracs who have developed over fifteen years bringing in youngsters from far and wide. Against the comps top team Carcassonne showed up well losing away 24-22 and Saturday at home 12-20. Slowly but surely.

15 minutes ago, audois said:

Great to see these three games streamed - jumping one to the other all afternoon. The youngsters from St Esteve struggled in the downpour up at Villeneuve. Catalans down 14-0 early on. Still came back well late on with two well taken tries by their back-line. This lad Jobe is worth a look at. Normally plays centre but out on the right wing for this one and took his leap high in the rain with some style for theit first try.The other winger Zenon from the clubs U18s side has appeared a few times this term and he got their second try and performed well in the difficult conditions. 2 tries a piece upon till Robin scored late-on for the home side with a super individual effort.

A the other end of the ladder TO Elite brought their season to a close at home to the comp leaders Carcassonne. 2021 has seen some improvement with Laguerre and Garcia having played in the Championship. Light years behind Baby Dracs who have developed over fifteen years bringing in youngsters from far and wide. Against the comps top team Carcassonne showed up well losing away 24-22 and Saturday at home 12-20. Slowly but surely.

Great roundup marra 👍

I’ll try and watch the villeneuve v dragons match again later on as I had to stop watching before halftime but I too was impressed by the young winger zenon.  Dezaira was strong as well.

Who was the other centre with carre?

On 16/05/2021 at 12:29, Cumbrian Mackem said:

Great roundup marra 👍

I’ll try and watch the villeneuve v dragons match again later on as I had to stop watching before halftime but I too was impressed by the young winger zenon.  Dezaira was strong as well.

Who was the other centre with carre?

Carré went off injured unfortunatly. Hope its not too serious. Leo Laurent was the othercentre  I think. Having Carré, Jobe and obviously Laguerre playing in the centres can only be good for the future.

10 minutes ago, audois said:

Carré went off injured unfortunatly. Hope its not too serious. Leo Laurent was the othercentre  I think. Having Carré, Jobe and obviously Laguerre playing in the centres can only be good for the future.

Jobe and laguerre look to be very tall which is good. Carre looks to be well built as well which should help in their favour of progressing possibly into the Catalan 1st team which I’m sure has held players like Franco and the flovie twins back in recent years.

It's been some time I think since all three of the Aude clubs finished on the podium together - as it stands presently. Only St Esteve can spoil the party at Stade Moulin come Sunday. FCL-Catalans reservers a quarter final before the quarter finals being built-up as such. The home side with half a dozen former Dragons players against the Apprentices of today. Hoping for a 1,000 crowd to see it.

St Esteve have been on the podium virtually all season long but slipped up in the last fortnight losing to Avignon and Villeneuve/Lot (5th and 6th respectively). The outsiders from  Aquitaine and Provence coming up on the rails. I think one of the best play-off series in view since some time - hopefully. Would be good to see a decent crowd at Ernest Wallon in Toulouse in late June.

Archived