Ward swoops for NRL winger in bid for Championship promotion

Broncos News

London Broncos Head Coach Danny Ward has cast his net wide this winter in his bid to bolster the squad for 2021 and hooked himself a Sea Eagle in Lebanese International Abbas Miski.

Miski, who played in the NRL for Manly will join the club in the New Year subject to a visa being granted. Whilst playing for Lebanon the Penrith born speedster has hauled 9 tries in 9 games and is set to add a serious threat to the Broncos attack next season.

bdfb-300x169.jpg

The player was introduced to Danny by a former club favourite who knew a thing or two about scoring tries himself with 48 tries in his time in London. Ward said “Abbas came highly recommended by our old mate and Manly assistant, Chad Randall. We’ve been looking to strengthen in the outside backs and he will add some quality on the edge. A strong ball carrier and a good finisher, I am sure he will become a favourite with the Broncos faithful.”

Speaking from his home in Australia Abbas had this message for the Broncos supporters ahead of his move saying “I’m very pleased to have signed with the club, from speaking with coach Danny Ward and seeing the recent signings I know the club is looking to have a successful season and I want to be a part of that. I’m eager to get over and meet my teammates and coaches and get stuck into a good pre season before round one. Can’t wait!!”

The 25 year old will be hoping the visa process is sorted quickly to ensure he can get into Pre-Season as early as possible and we will update our supporters as soon as there is progress with this.

View the full article

Archived