Broncos snap up Hankinson from the Warriors on season long loan

Broncos News

The London Broncos have swooped to sign centre Chris Hankinson on a season long loan from the Wigan Warriors.

As Head Coach Danny Ward accelerates his recruitment ahead of a return to training next month Hankinson becomes the latest player to agree terms for 2021 and adds Super League experience to the clubs edges in our bid to gain promotion from the Championship.

SW207800-300x169.jpg

Hankinson, who started his career with Leigh before moves to Barrow and Swinton led him to Wigan has played 20 Super League games for the Warriors and scored 3 times in the Cherry and White. Speaking to the player ahead of the announcement he was pleased to be joining the Broncos saying “It’s an exciting opportunity to go and play for the Broncos, it will be the first time I’ve left my home town and experience something new. I’m looking forward to moving down to the Capital, meeting the lads and getting stuck in. It’s going to be a big year for the club and I will do everything I can to help them get back into Super League. ”

He added “I’d like to thank London for the opportunity, Wigan for allowing me to leave and get some much needed game time and finally a shout for Dave Peet for helping make this happen.”

London Broncos Head Coach Danny Ward was equally as excited to have ‘Hank’ on board saying “Hank has really come on since his move from the champ to Wigan. He’s a quality centre but can also play anywhere in the backs, giving us plenty of options and competition for places. I’ve heard plenty of good things about him, he’s really keen to come to London and we are looking forward to working with him.”

As with all loan moves it requires the assistance of the players parent club and Broncos CEO Jason Loubser was quick to thank Wigan for their part in making the loan of Hankinson possible. He said “I want to thank Kris Radlinski at the Wigan Warriors for helping us agree this move which we feel will benefit all parties, giving Chris some important game time and hopefully putting in some great performances for the Broncos.”

View the full article

Archived