Folau set to depart the Dragons ?

Davo5

17 hours ago, Manfred Mann said:

The This is all water under the bridge now. The main sponsor of St. George-Illawarra rugby league team — St. George Bank — told the club shortly after the move to bring Folau to the club was announced, that if he was signed, the bank would reconsider its AU$1 million a year sponsorship. It didn’t take long for the management at St. George-Illawarra to drop their Folau plans.

So it appears that Israel Folau will remain at Catalans. Should Israel Folau, and James Maloney be able to recapture the very high level of performance that they displayed in the NRL, and should Josh Drinkwater also recapture his Catalans form of 2018, then Catalans could well challenge St. Helens, Greg Inglis’s team, and Bevan French’s team for silverware this year. If that happens Super League could become very exciting this year.

Yes, and should Junior Sa'u and James Bell be able to recapture the very high level of performance that they displayed in the NRL, and should Derek Beaumont be able to sign a dozen or so world class players, then Leigh could well challenge St. Helens, Greg Inglis’s team, and Bevan French’s team for silverware this year. If that happens Super League could become very exciting this year.

If/should logic is brilliant. You can demonstrate absolutely anything with it.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

He's an algorithm 

I established this last month 

He is Manfred Mannbot

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Dean Whare is a very good centre. An excellent signing for Catalan.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

5 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Dean Whare is a very good centre. An excellent signing for Catalan.

And if he's replacing Folau given IF's performance against SRD last year it's an even better move than it first appears.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

On 08/02/2021 at 07:21, Oxford said:

And if he's replacing Folau given IF's performance against SRD last year it's an even better move than it first appears.

There is no evidence that Dean Whare (pronounced FAR-AY) is replacing Israel Folau. Rather he is competing with Samisoni Langi for one centre spot alongside the champion Folau. The latter player could move to full back in the event that Sam Tompkins is injured.

All of this indictates that the Catalans backline is extremely formidable.

38 minutes ago, Manfred Mann said:

There is no evidence that Dean Whare (pronounced FAR-AY) is replacing Israel Folau. Rather he is competing with Samisoni Langi for one centre spot alongside the champion Folau. The latter player could move to full back in the event that Sam Tompkins is injured.

It is all conjecture and rumour, that's true. Except about his perfomances that's my perception.😀

5 hours ago, Manfred Mann said:

They both play centre.

One is coming over to Perpignan,One is refusing to.

i’d say it’s a pretty good indicator.

1 hour ago, Davo5 said:

They both play centre.

One is coming over to Perpignan,One is refusing to.

i’d say it’s a pretty good indicator.

Without an official statement from the club or the er  player (contract breaker) it's still rumour etc.

Mind you if one of them can't pass to the left and the other doesn't pass to the right there could well be space for them both!

7 hours ago, Manfred Mann said:

Steve Mc is saying that they are resigned to losing Folau due to his mother in law suffering a heart attack and his wife wants to stay with her.  Folau is supporting that decision.

Notwithstanding Folau’s aerial presence, which is probably still one of the best in RL, I think the loss of Mead, who has been an excellent winger and FB (occasional Centre) all his career, will be more telling for his playing ubiquitousness.

Found it funny reading how this 'major sponsor' of the Dragons, who's business is based out of a house in Byron Bay, cannot understand why everyone is having a go at the Dragons. He thinks the poor lickle Dragons were made to look like amateurs by the NRL.

I think most people agree they managed to do that without any help at all.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/st-george-illawarra-dragons-israel-folau-sponsor-lashes-out/480a4ff5-c9a6-4f1b-828f-57143537fa32

Absolutely the best way for the NRL to manage this is to not deal with it - after the St George farce I can't imagine any other clubs having a serious look, and the NRL don't have to make a call unless a club pushes them into it.

Those quotes are exactly what you'd expect from someone being very careful - he can't open up the NRL to being sued by Folau for restraint of trade, but Folau can't do that unless a club forces the NRL's hand. Whilst he's said they're 'open' to Folau and would consider any application, I'd be stunned if the NRL haven't had a word with every club to let them know its poison for the sport to pursue him.

I thought the headline in the paper today looked really good:

NRL knocks back Folau`s request for face to face meeting.

This is the main thing that most people will see, most won`t read the article or know what actually happened, it will just look like the NRL are taking a stand  and saying we don`t want him.

Personally I am pleased with this outcome it makes the NRL look like we`ve rejected him. As we should.

Todays other news of the doubling of the maximum fine for player off-field misbehaviour to $ 100 000 is great news as well, the game has got to start to look professional from top to bottom - not just on the field. If we can get our professionalism off the field to match the professionalism on the field it will make such a difference to the games prospects commercially and popularity wise. The NRL is entering a new era for me under V`landy`s and Abdo, and I like it.

8 minutes ago, The Rocket said:

I thought the headline in the paper today looked really good:

NRL knocks back Folau`s request for face to face meeting.

This is the main thing that most people will see, most won`t read the article or know what actually happened, it will just look like the NRL are taking a stand  and saying we don`t want him.

Personally I am pleased with this outcome it makes the NRL look like we`ve rejected him. As we should.

Todays other news of the doubling of the maximum fine for player off-field misbehaviour to $ 100 000 is great news as well, the game has got to start to look professional from top to bottom - not just on the field. If we can get our professionalism off the field to match the professionalism on the field it will make such a difference to the games prospects commercially and popularity wise. The NRL is entering a new era for me under V`landy`s and Abdo, and I like it.

Lets never forget that Folau took the 30 pieces of silver when fumbleball came knocking.

2 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

Lets never forget that Folau took the 30 pieces of silver when fumbleball came knocking.

Yeah mate you wouldn`t trust him as far as you could throw him, we all know he`s back trying to get into NRL because no one else will have him, no as I said the headline looks good because it looks like we are rejecting him.

1 minute ago, Eddie said:

It’s his living, why wouldn’t he take more money to play a different sport. 

That was his choice, but he can't complain now. You reap what you sow. fumbleball wouldn't have him back and no half decent side union side would sign him. He won't get back into the NRL.

Basically his only option is the Catalans, if they will have him back which is highly unlikely even if he wanted to return to them.

On 11/02/2021 at 08:52, Lowdesert said:

Steve Mc is saying that they are resigned to losing Folau due to his mother in law suffering a heart attack and his wife wants to stay with her.  Folau is supporting that decision.

We have to respect that. Players are human, they have a life off the field, fair play to him for putting his family first. 

It’s a real shame Arthur Romano has been ruled out for the season with an ACL injury. With 3 outside backs leaving in Mead, Folau and Tierany, and only 1 replacing them in Whare, Romano should of been looking at getting plenty of game time in Super League.

1 hour ago, The Future is League said:

That was his choice, but he can't complain now. You reap what you sow. fumbleball wouldn't have him back and no half decent side union side would sign him. He won't get back into the NRL.

Basically his only option is the Catalans, if they will have him back which is highly unlikely even if he wanted to return to them.

Is he complaining? 

Archived