Folau set to depart the Dragons ?

Davo5

I think they would stick by him and let him see out his contract. 

If (a big if) he got through a second year in France with no drama then the Top14 might throw some cash his way. 

I always felt Catalans were a stepping stone to union in France. 

Fancy a game of touch in Cambs or Lincs? DM me 

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Then for him Catalans will have served a purpose. 

Although I think his family issue (which I wish him well with) has caused him to have to look closer to home for a contract maybe. 

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

I think he has played his last game for the Catalans which does free up some salary cap space to bring in a very decent player

Dean whare is a very decent player 

On 19/02/2021 at 23:49, barnyia said:

The top 14 have been throwing money at him 

The papers over here say he is training on his own and his `legal` team have been meeting with the NRL to see what he has to do to be able to get a contract.

I got the impression he`s had enough of playing overseas now and wants to finish out his career here and is desperate to get back in the NRL as there is no way the onion here can take him back. You wouldn`t trust him though if a foreign team came knocking with a big offer once covid dies down.

7 minutes ago, The Rocket said:

The papers over here say he is training on his own and his `legal` team have been meeting with the NRL to see what he has to do to be able to get a contract.

I got the impression he`s had enough of playing overseas now and wants to finish out his career here and is desperate to get back in the NRL as there is no way the onion here can take him back. You wouldn`t trust him though if a foreign team came knocking with a big offer once covid dies down.

Money has always been his God. hence his switch to fumbleball and then union

1 hour ago, ShropshireBull said:

On a more worrying note, how many French players are in that Catalan squad and how many are realistically going to see regular game time?

More than half the squad.....I don’t think that’s worrying.....how many do you think there should be??....".over the season, I would think that plenty would see some game time.

1 minute ago, ShropshireBull said:

My concern is that most of them are unlikely to make it onto the field with significant minutes. How many should there be in a matchday squad? With relegation you can't do it but as you're asking, they should be ringfenced with 10 of the matchday squad eligible to play for France. 

Why should the Dragons be subjected to criteria that no other SL team has to? They are there to compete in Super League. Should North Wales Crusaders in the lower league have to have 10 Welshmen in their match day squad? Or should they field their best available team to be successful in their respective league? 

There are plenty in that squad who have done well in Elite 1, not just Le Cam. 

However if the question is whether there is a centre in the team playing domestic league for Catalans who could replace Folau and Mead then the answer is no. 

Does anyone else think Gigot will be back again for a short spell to fill in there?

looks like he aint coming back - feel sorry for catalan but as someone once said to me

the difference between dogs and people?

take in a homeless dog who needs a chance be kind and have some faith in it 

the dog wont "TURN ROUND AND BITE YOU"

and thats the difference between dogs and people

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived