26-30 = 12 players

31-35 = 7 Players

Looks like a balance squad to me.

24 private pikes & 7 captain mainwarings🤔🤔🤣🤣

If James Webster stuffs this chance up of glory

He deserves never to coach again

He's featherstones weak link

Only there because of his connection to Richard agar

Now if you had Carr... He was good and would have got you places. 

15 minutes ago, coolie said:

24 private pikes & 7 captain mainwarings🤔🤔🤣🤣

If James Webster stuffs this chance up of glory

He deserves never to coach again

He's featherstones weak link

Only there because of his connection to Richard agar

Now if you had Carr... He was good and would have got you places. 

To continue the Dad's Army theme, this post works best if you imagine it in Private Frazer's broad Scottish accent, and add "You're doomed...DOOMED!" at the end.

2 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

To continue the Dad's Army theme, this post works best if you imagine it in Private Frazer's broad Scottish accent, and add "You're doomed...DOOMED!" at the end.

Your doomed lol

No P&R.. Then what you gonna do

Season is a mess before a ball is kicked 🤔🤔

2 hours ago, J Phil Loxton said:

And if Fev went bust. Let's say in 2050 due to covid 19 still hanging around Coolie would still see it has his personal triumph by saying " I told you so" The son of Nostradamus 😁😁😁😁😁

Yes it's like saying "it's Warrington's year" lol 

But

This is a season like no other

You've a few high rollers on serious money, no crowds, little income to generate. 

Gonna be interesting on and off the field for us all🤔

17 minutes ago, coolie said:

Yes it's like saying "it's Warrington's year" lol 

But

This is a season like no other

You've a few high rollers on serious money, no crowds, little income to generate. 

Gonna be interesting on and off the field for us all🤔

In between your tongue in cheek entertaining posts Coolie. You do make sense on some occasions. Your mix of light heartedness banter and serious thought is always welcome 🙂

Davide Longo in the YEP: "I can’t speak for other clubs but we’re in that position where we’ve satisfied our Board that even if we have to play behind closed doors for the best part of the season, we feel we could get to the end of the season.”

(not sure if you have to register/log in to read this)

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/confident-featherstone-rovers-ready-anything-2021-throws-them-3112597

2 hours ago, J Phil Loxton said:

In between your tongue in cheek entertaining posts Coolie. You do make sense on some occasions. Your mix of light heartedness banter and serious thought is always welcome 🙂

Thank you my friend, if it raises a smile... I'm happy with that mate😀😀

42 minutes ago, Squidward said:

Clearly got too many High Rollers Coolie lol

Never will featherstone have a better chance of replacing Wakefield wildcats in super league 

Looks like you've only York to worry about... If there is P&R this season. 

20 hours ago, coolie said:

Never will featherstone have a better chance of replacing Wakefield wildcats in super league 

Looks like you've only York to worry about... If there is P&R this season. 

Fev won't get too big for their boots Coolie. They've been beaten by lesser clubs than Dewsbury and even by Dewsbury 😂 throughout their history. We've more than York to worry about. One step at a time. Roll on.🌝

18 minutes ago, J Phil Loxton said:

Fev won't get too big for their boots Coolie. They've been beaten by lesser clubs than Dewsbury and even by Dewsbury 😂 throughout their history. We've more than York to worry about. One step at a time. Roll on.🌝

Only 4 donkeys in the Derby for me

Featherstone, York, London, Toulouse... But toulouse have the most to overcome, if I was them I'd base myself in the UK, as travel will be difficult both ways, but doing that they would lose home advantage... And that is their strength.. Teams struggle over there, was a bit like Toronto, players couldn't travel over if they have a criminal record... Unlevel playing field to start and is exploited, I just hope if you do go up (but I still think P&R won't happen due to covid) that it is Wakefield who come down, and you take their place, Wakefield's stay in super league has been a Sham, promised and promised a new ground and never delivered.. Cas are not much better either.. So if you get your chance.. Grab it and hold on tight to your dream.. Sounds like a song that🤔🤔

But first we've to get this circus on the road.. Sometime soon mate for all our sanity😜😜

I think Coolie's doubts about Webster are fair enough, in that he does have quite a bit to prove. His win/loss record as a coach is moderate to say the least, but I think he got a bit of a poisoned chalice both times, taking over at Wakefield and then Hull KR when they were struggling. Both teams had pretty weak squads by SL standards, and I think Wakefield had a terrible injury run under him.

He was actually really popular with the fans at both clubs in the early stages of his tenure (there are threads on both forums that attest to this), so I think there were mitigating circumstances, and most Hull KR fans semed to blame their poor season/relegation on the squad he had to work with.

But we're in no-excuses territory with Fev, he has a strong squad to work with this year, on paper at least. It's hard to judge how we were going under him last year - he's repeatedly said the pre-season was a bit of a disaster, and we played very well on one occasion (London), adequately on a couple of others, and poorly against Barrow and to a certain extent Swinton. If we have a full season, suspect he'll either be coaching us in SL in 2022, or not at all.

On 29/01/2021 at 17:04, The Phantom Horseman said:

I think Coolie's doubts about Webster are fair enough, in that he does have quite a bit to prove. His win/loss record as a coach is moderate to say the least, but I think he got a bit of a poisoned chalice both times, taking over at Wakefield and then Hull KR when they were struggling. Both teams had pretty weak squads by SL standards, and I think Wakefield had a terrible injury run under him.

He was actually really popular with the fans at both clubs in the early stages of his tenure (there are threads on both forums that attest to this), so I think there were mitigating circumstances, and most Hull KR fans semed to blame their poor season/relegation on the squad he had to work with.

But we're in no-excuses territory with Fev, he has a strong squad to work with this year, on paper at least. It's hard to judge how we were going under him last year - he's repeatedly said the pre-season was a bit of a disaster, and we played very well on one occasion (London), adequately on a couple of others, and poorly against Barrow and to a certain extent Swinton. If we have a full season, suspect he'll either be coaching us in SL in 2022, or not at all.

For me the 2 coach's under most pressure and risk of been fired are

Duffy at Leigh 

Webster at Featherstone 

Duffy has ego's to massage, manage, and keep focused and positive under pressure, big names sat in that changing room and if defeats start to mount up, some troublemakers (all changing rooms have them) will question Duffy's pedigree as an accomplished big time player at a level they are accustomed to rub shoulders with. 

Webster will have to steer a team expected to do well to success with some of the best tools in the championship toolbox, any amount of failure will be swiftly punished, and a bigger name with a track record brought in to steer the ship back on course. 

1 hour ago, coolie said:

For me the 2 coach's under most pressure and risk of been fired are

Duffy at Leigh 

Webster at Featherstone 

Duffy has ego's to massage, manage, and keep focused and positive under pressure, big names sat in that changing room and if defeats start to mount up, some troublemakers (all changing rooms have them) will question Duffy's pedigree as an accomplished big time player at a level they are accustomed to rub shoulders with. 

Webster will have to steer a team expected to do well to success with some of the best tools in the championship toolbox, any amount of failure will be swiftly punished, and a bigger name with a track record brought in to steer the ship back on course. 

That's the case with most teams that are viewed as being amongst the pre-season favourites though and thus it's true with Fev pretty much every year. If you go to the thread when Dews beat us at Fev 2 years ago it was the 30-year-old Ryan Carr's 8th match in charge, of a team that was basically assembled in pre-season, and yet the knives, if not out, were already being sharpened for him.

Webster will know what the score is, Jon Sharp was sacked after leading us to 3rd place (and the middle 8 Qualifiers for the second successive season). Expectations have been high at Fev for the last dozen years and rightly so. It's true that he's under more pressure than the likes of Houles, Ford and Ward but that's because those three have a successful history at their current clubs.

Duffy's a slightly different case as 11th place would probably be a success for Leigh, for me I'd want to see how many and which new players they acquire before the season starts as at the moment it looks a quality Championship squad rather than a SL one. That said they only need to be better than one other club and if one of say Wakefield, Hull KR, Salford or even Cas implode then a handful of wins might keep them up.

Archived