Schoey’s 2021 Super League predictions: Who’s top and who’s for the drop?

I'm not sure why he has Leeds so high, although there's probably not much difference between 4th and 7th.  A lot of Leeds fans seem to think we'll finish 3rd, which I find a bit surprising.  There's always the chance Warrington will actually turn up more games than not, and Huddersfield under Watson may become a force. That's even before you look at Sts and Wigan.

Leeds' league position of 5th last year was about right. We haven't got real speed in the backs, and our pack still looks lightweight. We got absolutely crushed up front a few times last year, and we're about net level in terms of props with where we were (Seumanufagai and Cutherbertson out, Tetevano and the King who's a smaller prop/second row in).  An injury to any of our props and we'll get smashed around again.  

I'm just not sure where the idea we'll be really any better comes from.  

Love him or loath him he is pretty much spot on with this (Although to be fair its not Einstein:) I would have had the Catalan Dragons higher however no doubt they are being hit hard with finances at present, so unless there is a minor miracle mid table is about right for them.

Paul

Archived